Windows 10: GET WINDOWSUPDATE ERROR LOG ON DESKTOP USING WINDOWS POWERSHELL SCRIPT

Discus and support GET WINDOWSUPDATE ERROR LOG ON DESKTOP USING WINDOWS POWERSHELL SCRIPT in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today i am sharing PowerShell script and registry setting to trace extending supporting of windows update error log file step 1 add registry keys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RAJU.MSC, Sep 6, 2018.

1. RAJU.MSC Win User

GET WINDOWSUPDATE ERROR LOG ON DESKTOP USING WINDOWS POWERSHELL SCRIPT

Today i am sharing PowerShell script and registry setting to trace extending supporting of windows update error log file

step 1

add registry keys and values by cmd

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Trace"
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Trace" /v Flags /t REG_DWORD /d 00000007
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Trace" /v Level /t REG_DWORD /d 00000004

step 2

open Windows PowerShell as administrator and then type

Get-WindowsUpdateLog

step 3

wait for few seconds to complete , WindowsUpdate.log file will be stored on the desktop

step 4

WindowsUpdate.log file contains all the necessary details to troubleshoot windows update errors , moreover its self-troubleshooting method , which contains error codes, callerID windows update agent, details of blocking firewall, details of proxy server etc

The above method is checked on my windows 10 asus laptop

Thanks for reading, If any user finds this article is useful means, then reply to me and give helpful votes

:)

RAJU.MSC, Sep 6, 2018

2. Having trouble with a powershell script.

I am trying to write a Powershell script to add a particular program to the desktop. For this example I'm using notepad because it's simple. Right now my script looks like this, but it keeps erroring out.

$TargetFile = "C:\Windows\System32\notepad.exe"

$ShortcutFile = "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Notepad.lnk"

$WScriptShell = New-Object -ComObject WScript.Shell

$Shortcut = $WScriptShell.CreateShortcut($ShortcutFile)

$Shortcut.TargetPath = $TargetFile

$Shortcut.Save()

This is the error code I am recieving:

Unable to save shortcut "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Notepad.lnk".

At C:\Users\jhunsaker\Desktop\Art Lab Shortcuts.ps1:6 char:1

+ $Shortcut.Save()

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : OperationStopped: GET WINDOWSUPDATE ERROR  LOG ON DESKTOP USING WINDOWS POWERSHELL  SCRIPT :)) [], UnauthorizedAccessException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.UnauthorizedAccessException

I am a powershell rookie so if anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it.

Jon Hunsaker, Sep 6, 2018
  3. mbmeadows Win User
    Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Sep 6, 2018
  4. GET WINDOWSUPDATE ERROR LOG ON DESKTOP USING WINDOWS POWERSHELL SCRIPT

Can't change password to log in windows or add pin

Hi Mathieu,

Login issues might have caused by a corrupted user account. For us to troubleshoot this, we suggest that you reset the Modern UI apps to default by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type PowerShell and press Enter.
    • When Powershell is open, hover your mouse on the taskbar and right-click on the PowerShell icon. Then click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Copy and paste the following Powershell script:
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}.
    • Wait for PowerShell to execute the script. Once done, restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

GET WINDOWSUPDATE ERROR LOG ON DESKTOP USING WINDOWS POWERSHELL SCRIPT

1. GET WINDOWSUPDATE ERROR LOG ON DESKTOP USING WINDOWS POWERSHELL SCRIPT - Similar Threads - WINDOWSUPDATE ERROR LOG

2. Cannot get PowerShell script to run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get PowerShell script to run: Hi,No matter what I try I cannot get permission to run a .ps1 file. I always get this error:& : File C:\Program Files\putty\pagentpass.ps1 cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system. For more information, see about_Execution_Policies at...
  3. Cannot get PowerShell script to run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get PowerShell script to run: Hi,No matter what I try I cannot get permission to run a .ps1 file. I always get this error:& : File C:\Program Files\putty\pagentpass.ps1 cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system. For more information, see about_Execution_Policies at...
  4. Run desktop script in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Run desktop script in PowerShell: I have a script on my desktop that I need to run in PowerShell; how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-desktop-script-in-powershell/666a7726-8cbd-42c7-ac2c-419229432252
  5. Run desktop script in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run desktop script in PowerShell: I have a script on my desktop that I need to run in PowerShell; how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-desktop-script-in-powershell/666a7726-8cbd-42c7-ac2c-419229432252
  6. Run desktop script in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PowerShell script

in Windows 10 Support
    PowerShell script: The code below tests a series of IPs in a txt file.The result is as follows and is written in a txt file. 19.191.12.161 - online 19.191.12.162 - offline 19.191.12.163 - offline 19.191.12.164 - offline 19.191.12.165 - offline also see the scrennshot Code: $Output= @()$GetIP =...
  8. Tweaking Performance Using PowerShell Scripts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tweaking Performance Using PowerShell Scripts: Hi, Regarding the many scripts that I saw online e.g. Sophia scripts...etc, does it remove the associated registry key files of the apps/services it uninstalls? 171269
  9. powershell scripts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    powershell scripts: Hi, I have azure. Someone is somehow installing powershell scripts onto my computer that allows them to host my PC through P2P and UDP connections, well I think so anyway. I have only just found powershell script entry changes in my registry by accident. These criminals...
  10. powershell script

in Windows 10 Customization
    powershell script: looking for a script to monitor for a folder, if there is a file in that folder send it as an email, once the email is sent out, confirm and then move the files to an archive folder. monitor c:\test\*.pdf No files, do not send email. Yes Files, send an email to someone at...