Windows 10: get_iplayer users -fix missing AtomicParsley for tagging - Linux VM's

Discus and support get_iplayer users -fix missing AtomicParsley for tagging - Linux VM's in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks Those of you using the get_iplayer on Linux VM's to download programs from BBC and are getting AtomicParsley errors when the application wants... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Jun 1, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

get_iplayer users -fix missing AtomicParsley for tagging - Linux VM's

Hi folks Those of you using the get_iplayer on Linux VM's to download programs from BBC and are getting AtomicParsley errors when the application wants to tag the programs you need AtomicParsley version 0.9.7 here's the fix : run these in a terminal : "wget https://github.com/get-iplayer/atomicparsley/releases/download/0.9.7-get_iplayer.1/AtomicParsley-0.9.7-get_iplayer.1-linux-x64.zip" unzip AtomicParsley-0.9.7-get_iplayer.1-linux-x64.zip AtomicParsley sudo install -m 755 AtomicParsley /usr/local/bin get_iplayer --prefs-add --atomicparsley=/usr/local/bin/AtomicParsley ignore the warnings sometimes when a TV download gives access forbidden by the BBC for a couple of HTTPS things -- doesn't effect the downloads at all which work perfectly.-- (ensure unzip and wget installed on your machine of course !!!) Quotation marks on the ist line should be removed -- I put those in to stop the URL being generated and truncated. ! Have fun !!! (For those confused -- AtomicParsley is the app that tags the programs). Cheers jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jun 1, 2021
  2. OlafBubel Win User

Hyper-V-Manager not possible to passtrough linux VM audio.

Hellou hope anybody know exactly a answer for my problem:

Following problem occour: Hyper - V & Linux Mint 19.3 [VM NO AUDIO] over Hyper V Manager!

My Host System is Win 10 Pro x64 . And Linux VM is Linux Mint 19.3. x64.

I try a lot of sugessstion in diffrent forums for Linux and now i decided to ask my question here.

I have a (Dummy audio soundcard instead of my HW built in soundcard on my linux VM and

can't change anything here) also not in Hyper V - Manager. There are only passtrough for other

devices, but no settings to passtruth audio from VM over Hyper V as Host.

Problem as i connect to my VM over Hyper-V-Manager the result is no audio after install Linux VM

on Hyper V Manager:

I think it's related to the (Dummy Audio) and no good function for audio passtrough in Hyper V at all.

Can't solve this issue rightnow sad but truth. Get grey hairs haha get_iplayer users -fix missing AtomicParsley for tagging - Linux VM's :) Hope anybody can help out with

my problem?

I saw in other posts that they had also the same issues with Hyper V (audiopasstrough). They suggest

to use Virtualbox or VMWare player instead of Hyper-V-Manager that is not possible to passtrough audio

over RDP with Linux Mint 19.3. or Ubuntu 18.04 LTS??? Or did i miss anything in the Hyper V Manager?

I try out also Ubuntu 18.04 LTS same problem with (Dummy Soundcard). But one thing i had seen (not hear)

in the [Audio Settings Manager] of (Linux VM) that the output gives sound out in Ubuntu with dummy card.

I believe it's a problem releated to Hyper V Manager (Passtroughaudio Issue). Don't know exactly?

https://www.linuxuprising.com/2018/06/fix-no-sound-dummy-output-issue-in.html

[moved from German forums]

OlafBubel, Jun 1, 2021
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    BBC get_iplayer users (download BBC Radio / TV) fix URL errors

Hi folks
    BBC Changed some of their code today (27 Nov 2019) so users of the latest release (3.22) might find some of these errors appearing when trying to download TV / Radio programs. (Affects both Linux and Windows releases).

ERROR: Failed to download URL (3/3): Access Denied
    ERROR: Response: 403 Forbidden
    ERROR: Access to this resource was blocked by the BBC
    ERROR: Ignore this error if programme download is successful

Temporary fix : from the maintainers wiki issues . get-iplayer/get_iplayer Wiki . GitHub

works fine

a new release expected to be available shortly.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 1, 2021
  4. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

1. get_iplayer users -fix missing AtomicParsley for tagging - Linux VM's - Similar Threads - get_iplayer users fix

2. VMWare 15.5.6 fixes 1920 X 1080 resolution on Linux VM's

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare 15.5.6 fixes 1920 X 1080 resolution on Linux VM's: Hi there On some Linux distros as VM's it's been impossible to get standard 16:9 full HD (1920 X 1080p) video resolution. Seems to be properly working again now after the latest (VMware) update. Fedora 32 VM under Host W10 build 331 [img] Cheers jimbo 159744
  3. Linux VM or HOST users -- SAMBA 4.11 errors --get arounds

Linux VM or HOST users -- SAMBA 4.11 errors --get arounds: Hi folks those of you trying out Linux Virtual machines or using Linux HOSTS with Windows / other guests and using SAMBA 4.11 for sharing files / folders there's some problems --you need to stay on Version 4.10.x. Bug getarounds shown in my post here : SAMBA 4.11.x Bugs-...
  4. BBC get_iplayer users (download BBC Radio / TV) fix URL errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BBC get_iplayer users (download BBC Radio / TV) fix URL errors: Hi folks BBC Changed some of their code today (27 Nov 2019) so users of the latest release (3.22) might find some of these errors appearing when trying to download TV / Radio programs. (Affects both Linux and Windows releases). ERROR: Failed to download URL (3/3): Access...
  5. Linux VM's / hosts using deluge torrent client fix

Linux VM's / hosts using deluge torrent client fix: Hi folks if you use python 3 on Linux VM's and use deluge as your torrent client you will need to install python3-cairo or it won't start. If you get message in other python stuff with module cairo not found this error should be fixed by the install. Also make sure...
  6. Music tags and player on Linux VM - like Mp3vtag with LONG file names

Music tags and player on Linux VM - like Mp3vtag with LONG file names: Hi folks For people wanting a similar facility to Mp3vtag on Linux whether as a VM or Host -- puddletag works brilliantly -- also by right clicking on the file it will pull in the relevant player for the file type --in this example it pulls in VLC for FLAC I recommend this...
  7. get_iplayer users new version V3.20

get_iplayer users new version V3.20: Hi folks people who use the get_iplayer application to download BBC Radio / TV stuff -- new version 3.20 available now from the website Downloads | get_iPlayer • Forums • Guides • Help THIS IS NOT ILLEGAL / PIRATED / WAREZ SOFTWARE -- the proviso is that you have to be...
  8. Linux VM's - User Desktop Icons for running programs

Linux VM's - User Desktop Icons for running programs: Hi there Sometimes you might like to have a desktop icon (like Windows) for running an application instead of a generic one. For example - This works on a KDE desktop but similar for GNOME etc - say you want to run an application you've downloaded from the net --I'll...
  9. Unity Mode Fix for W10 VMware VM's on Linux Hosts

Unity Mode Fix for W10 VMware VM's on Linux Hosts: Hi there This seems to work fine for Windows 10 VM's on some Linux Hosts. 1) Uninstall VMware tools on the VM - shut down but don't re-power on 2) uninstall open-vm-tools on your HOST machine - typically as root or sudo yum autoremove open-vm-tools or whatever it is in...
  10. VLC on W10 VM on Linux Hosts (Workstation 12.1 - Fixed

VLC on W10 VM on Linux Hosts (Workstation 12.1 - Fixed: Hi there. on some Linux Hosts using Vmware workstation / Player VLC doesn't work properly on a Windows 10 VM - you don't get any dropdowns from the menu. A reasonable fix for this (apart from checking that you have any Video drivers installed for your Host system) is to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Required AtomicParsley utility not found