Windows 10: GetAddrInfoW takes 10sec to respond after being up or sleeping for some time? 1903...

Discus and support GetAddrInfoW takes 10sec to respond after being up or sleeping for some time? 1903... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having an issue where after a day or two DNS starts to take 10sec to resolve a hostname, computer is typically in sleep mode when not in use,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jameslun, Feb 29, 2020.

1. jameslun Win User

GetAddrInfoW takes 10sec to respond after being up or sleeping for some time? 1903...

I've been having an issue where after a day or two DNS starts to take 10sec to resolve a hostname, computer is typically in sleep mode when not in use, not sure that's related. I ran a test with wireshark and the DNS server responds immediately, but application seems to be stuck in GetAddrInfoW, see stack trace below. This effects all applications including browser. ntdll.dll!NtAlpcSendWaitReceivePort Unknown rpcrt4.dll!LRPC_BASE_CCALL::SendReceive Unknown rpcrt4.dll!I_RpcSendReceive Unknown rpcrt4.dll!NdrSendReceive Unknown rpcrt4.dll!NdrpClientCall3 Unknown rpcrt4.dll!NdrClientCall3 Unknown FWPUCLNT.DLL!NamespaceCallout Unknown ws2_32.dll!PrepareNamespaceCallout Unknown ws2_32.dll!QueryDnsForFamily Unknown ws2_32.dll!QueryDns Unknown ws2_32.dll!LookupAddressForName Unknown ws2_32.dll!GetAddrInfoW Unknown PING.EXE!ResolveTarget Unknown PING.EXE!wmain Unknown PING.EXE!__wmainCRTStartup Unknown kernel32.dll!BaseThreadInitThunk Unknown ntdll.dll!RtlUserThreadStart Unknown

:)

jameslun, Feb 29, 2020

2. "dial tcp: lookup <website name>: getaddrinfow: No such host is known" problem

When trying to open any website in the browser(edge, chrome as well as Firefox), I am getting the error "dial tcp: lookup <website name>: getaddrinfow: No such host is known" . I am using windows 10
    and windows firewall is also enabled. Please suggest on the steps to resolve it

Neeraj Tak, Feb 29, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Getting out of sleep

Hi,

For us to further isolate the issue you are experiencing, kindly respond to the following questions:

• Does your device automatically returns to sleep after a short period of time?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to the issue?
    We suggest that you check if the Allow wake timers setting is enabled. To check if it is enabled, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, then type power options.
    • Click Power Options from the results.
    • On the Power Options windows, click Change when the computer sleeps.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand the Sleep category.
    • Expand Allow wake timers.
    • Change the desired setting.

We look forward for an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Feb 29, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

GetAddrInfoW takes 10sec to respond after being up or sleeping for some time? 1903...

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond GetAddrInfoW takes 10sec to respond after being up or sleeping for some time? 1903... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

1. GetAddrInfoW takes 10sec to respond after being up or sleeping for some time? 1903... - Similar Threads - GetAddrInfoW takes 10sec

2. Slow and Lagging Laptop after not being used for some time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow and Lagging Laptop after not being used for some time.: Hi, I've been experiencing issues with my laptop. One time when I was in vacation, I wasn't able to use my laptop for some time. A weeks maybe. When I tried to use it again, it won't work the same as it used to. The laptop's performance was really bad. It was lagging and...
  3. windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time: here is the power-trobleshooter- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter" Guid="{cdc05e28-c449-49c6-b9d2-88cf761644df}" /> <EventID>1</EventID> <Version>3</Version>...
  4. windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time: here is the power-trobleshooter- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter" Guid="{cdc05e28-c449-49c6-b9d2-88cf761644df}" /> <EventID>1</EventID> <Version>3</Version>...
  5. windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. how to speed up pc , taking lot of time to respond

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to speed up pc , taking lot of time to respond: how to speed up my pc taking long time to respond https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-speed-up-pc-taking-lot-of-time-to-respond/8a07fe7a-146d-4046-a3ba-661c52523bd5
  7. Boot time/wake up from sleep takes lots of time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot time/wake up from sleep takes lots of time: [ATTACH] Hello, I have a laptop HP Envy 15t - i7 6700HQ, model - M9U50AV which is around 5 years old running Windows 10. It has been running smoothly for last couple of years except for one issue which cropped up last year. The boot time is extremely high around 5...
  8. Windows not waking up after being put to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not waking up after being put to sleep: Hi all, Wondered if you could help. I have a few laptops after the in place upgrade to 1909. When they are not used for a period they go to sleep. But they don’t wake up. You have to hold Down the power button to force them to turn off. Bios update and other driver updates...
  9. Computer takes time to wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer takes time to wake up from sleep: I have a toshiba portege r835 which is a pretty old laptop but it has a reliable intel core i5 2nd gen processor. there is a power light near the trackpad which blinks yellow when the pc is asleep and turns green the moment i lift the lid. it's pretty fast and reponsive. but...
  10. after up dating 1903 version there will be some problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after up dating 1903 version there will be some problem: respected sir after up dating my pc there will be some heating problem and system becomes slow, so,please correct it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-up-dating-1903-version-there-will-be-some/94a2d4f2-ff51-47bd-b16d-c4cf4c9bdee1