Windows 10: Gettind sound on Laptop with hdmi/out

Discus and support Gettind sound on Laptop with hdmi/out in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Windows XP Pro on HP DV7 entertainment laptop, Nvidia digital audio card to watch movies. I am trying to get my laptop speakers to work when hdmi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Estam, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Estam Win User

Gettind sound on Laptop with hdmi/out

Windows XP Pro on HP DV7 entertainment laptop, Nvidia digital audio card to watch movies.

I am trying to get my laptop speakers to work when hdmi output is connected to TV.

Laptop hdmi is plugged into my TV and is cloned. The speakers on my laptop have now become muted and the speakers on my TV work fine. Laptop is in my office and for reasons I would like un-mute the laptop speakers and have them operate also.

Any suggestions please.

Estam, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Nov 23, 2018
  3. no sound through hdmi to tv

Hi,

The HDMI might not be set as default. To set this as default please follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Sound.
    • Select Change system sounds.
    • Click Playback.
    • Then select the device.
    • At the bottom, click Set Default.
    • Click Apply and OK.

If the troubleshooting steps above did not work for you, try changing a different HDMI cable.

Keep us updated with the result.

Robert Caw, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Gettind sound on Laptop with hdmi/out

no sound on tv when HDMI is connected to laptop

Hi LaVerne,

To resolve your concern, you may follow the steps provided below:

1. Press Windows key + X.

2. Click on Control Panel.

3. Click on Hardware and Sound.

4. Select Manage Audio Devices.

5. On the Playback tab there is listed the sound options available to you. Click on
    Digital Output Device (HDMI).

6. There should now be a check mark on that option, make HDMI sound output as default .

7. The Sound should then play through your HDMI hookups to the TV.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Realyn Mar, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Gettind sound on Laptop with hdmi/out

1. Gettind sound on Laptop with hdmi/out - Similar Threads - Gettind sound Laptop

2. sound with hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound with hdmi cable: I connected my computer with an hdmi cable to my tv and the display and sound worked fine. But every time that I wake my computer up after that I have no sound unless I disconnect and then reconnect the hdmi cable to the tv. How can this be resolved without having to...
  3. Unable to use Sound on a HDMI port

Unable to use Sound on a HDMI port: i do have HDMI Audio port on my PC but the thing is that i can't hear anything coming from it or if i need a 2nd HDMI cable for it as it is connected to my PC. currently using Windows 10 Build 1809 AMD Radeon R9 M360 121468
  4. Unable to use Sound on a HDMI port

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to use Sound on a HDMI port: i do have HDMI Audio port on my PC but the thing is that i can't hear anything coming from it or if i need a 2nd HDMI cable for it as it is connected to my PC. 121468
  5. Lost Sound with HDMI....sort of

Lost Sound with HDMI....sort of: 3 weeks ago I came home on a Friday to a Insider Update reboot requirement. I watch TV through my PC using an HDMI cable to the TV. I can plug in to the TV directly or my DVR using an HDMI/AV adapter. There was no sound with the adapter. I ran through all the usual tests and...
  6. HDMI sound issues

HDMI sound issues: HP pavillion, i3 chip running windows 10 up to date as of today and on checking showing no available updaates. NO sound running from HDMI cable to TV. Realtec drivers up to date and checked. SOund settings showing only realtec high definition speakers, no option for digital...
  7. HDMI/No sound

HDMI/No sound: How is it possible that so many people can have the same problem, write in this forum so many times and I can't find a fix answer. Device connected with HDMI cord will not show up in the "sounds" as an option to be selected....
  8. New Monitor No Sound from HDMI

New Monitor No Sound from HDMI: Just got a new monitor today, Samsung S24D300HL which I have plugged into my Nvidia Geforce GTX 745 video card via HDMI. Picture is great no problems there. However I have no sound at all. I've updated my graphics driver via Nvidia Experience program version 361.43 I've...
  9. HDMI sound from PVR is missing

HDMI sound from PVR is missing: After upgrade to w10 the sound via the HDMI port went missing. On this machine you press a button to switch from PC Mode to Game Mode, which activates the HDMI port where the PVR is plugged in. When viewing a PVR program (TV show), the video is perfect but there is no sound....
  10. HDMI sound missing

HDMI sound missing: So far I've managed to screw the HDMI sound option from the volume menu and the sound control panel. I was trying to switch between to the motherboard sound option from the GPU card HDMI sound option and clicked on disable on the mixer panel from the sound control task-bar....