Windows 10: Gettind sound on Laptop with hdmi/out

Discus and support Gettind sound on Laptop with hdmi/out in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Windows XP Pro on HP DV7 entertainment laptop, Nvidia digital audio card to watch movies. I am trying to get my laptop speakers to work when hdmi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Estam, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Estam Win User

Gettind sound on Laptop with hdmi/out

Windows XP Pro on HP DV7 entertainment laptop, Nvidia digital audio card to watch movies.

I am trying to get my laptop speakers to work when hdmi output is connected to TV.

Laptop hdmi is plugged into my TV and is cloned. The speakers on my laptop have now become muted and the speakers on my TV work fine. Laptop is in my office and for reasons I would like un-mute the laptop speakers and have them operate also.

Any suggestions please.

Estam, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Nov 23, 2018
  3. no sound through hdmi to tv

Hi,

The HDMI might not be set as default. To set this as default please follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Sound.
    • Select Change system sounds.
    • Click Playback.
    • Then select the device.
    • At the bottom, click Set Default.
    • Click Apply and OK.

If the troubleshooting steps above did not work for you, try changing a different HDMI cable.

Keep us updated with the result.

Robert Caw, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Gettind sound on Laptop with hdmi/out

no sound on tv when HDMI is connected to laptop

Hi LaVerne,

To resolve your concern, you may follow the steps provided below:

1. Press Windows key + X.

2. Click on Control Panel.

3. Click on Hardware and Sound.

4. Select Manage Audio Devices.

5. On the Playback tab there is listed the sound options available to you. Click on
    Digital Output Device (HDMI).

6. There should now be a check mark on that option, make HDMI sound output as default .

7. The Sound should then play through your HDMI hookups to the TV.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Realyn Mar, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Gettind sound on Laptop with hdmi/out

1. Gettind sound on Laptop with hdmi/out - Similar Threads - Gettind sound Laptop

2. Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI: Hi y'all,So, my Dell Laptop seems to "forget" it is connected FOR SOUND to my TV, via HDMI. Oh, the visual side of HDMI is perfect, and the wireless keyboard and mouse operate the laptop via the TV perfectly...from the comfort of the sofa, but when I play any audio, it STILL...
  3. Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI: Hi y'all,So, my Dell Laptop seems to "forget" it is connected FOR SOUND to my TV, via HDMI. Oh, the visual side of HDMI is perfect, and the wireless keyboard and mouse operate the laptop via the TV perfectly...from the comfort of the sofa, but when I play any audio, it STILL...
  4. Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No sound coming out from the tv when using HDMI.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound coming out from the tv when using HDMI.: I have tried all 6:Method 1: Restart Your ComputerMethod 2: Set HDMI as default Playback Device My tv or any tv did pop outMethod 3: Update your Sound DriversMethod 4: Enable Audio ControllersMethod 5: Update Graphics Card DriversMethod 6: Uninstall Graphic and Audio Drivers...
  6. HDMI sound through laptop

HDMI sound through laptop: How do I set HDMI as default sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-sound-through-laptop/eaafec98-6521-4397-9486-6b28a2d09bd8
  7. HDMI Sound

HDMI Sound: hello. my audio doesnt play on the tv when i connect with hdmi cable, it keeps playing at my laptop. how to solve this ya? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-sound/48f82785-6f0d-4465-b1e2-3416911e854d
  8. HDMI sounds cuts out with Windows key

HDMI sounds cuts out with Windows key: Hey guys. So I've had this issue for a while. So I connect my laptop to my TV through HDMI when I'm gaming. When I press the windows key to jump back to the desktop mid gaming, the sounds shuts off from the TV when I go back into the game. The sound doesn't reconnect to the...
  9. Laptop plays sound over HDMI display

Laptop plays sound over HDMI display: I have my Nintendo Switch connected to my laptop (Alienware 17) via HDMI. As of today, when I turn on the console, the laptop monitor displays the image of the Switch, but the audio from a browser or anything else still plays instead of the sounds from the Switch. There is no...
  10. HDMI/No sound

HDMI/No sound: How is it possible that so many people can have the same problem, write in this forum so many times and I can't find a fix answer. Device connected with HDMI cord will not show up in the "sounds" as an option to be selected....