Windows 10: Getting a blocked program error in regards to MMC.exe

Discus and support Getting a blocked program error in regards to MMC.exe in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Would someone be able to help? I was told to type Get-AuthenticodeSignature "C:\Windows\System32\mmc.exe" | Format-List into powershell and below is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RuthlessAndMotivated, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Getting a blocked program error in regards to MMC.exe

Would someone be able to help? I was told to type Get-AuthenticodeSignature "C:\Windows\System32\mmc.exe" | Format-List into powershell and below is what came back

SignerCertificate :

TimeStamperCertificate:

StatusMessage : The file C:\Windows\System32\mmc.exe is not digitally signed. You cannot run this script on the current system. For more information about running scripts and setting execution policy, see about_Execution_Policies at https:/go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=135170

Path: C:\Windows\System32\mmc.exe

SignatureType: None

IsOSBinary: False

I'm trying to open device manager and all I get is error messages, this was never a problem before, I noticed my PC ethernet connected internet disconnects every hour or so and regains connection however I read online it could be an issue somewhere, when I went to get into my device manager it wont let me, I also noticed I cant install nvidea updates and Dayz Wont open with battleye

submitted by /u/RuthlessAndMotivated
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RuthlessAndMotivated, Apr 3, 2020

2. MMC detects error in a snap-in

Good morning,

It seems that some of you have fixed the "MMC has detected an error in a snap-in" by using the link shared by catspyjamas. I would like to give this fix a shot too but I want to make sure I really understand the proper steps.

It is my understanding that I go to C Drive > Microsoft > Event Viewer > Views. Right now in the 'Views' folder I have four entries. First is a folder called 'ApplicationViewsRootNode' which is empty. Then I have three of the XML view documents: View 0, View 1 and View 2.

I intend to copy the three views listed into a folder I will make and call it 'Event Viewer MMC fix' before I delete the same three views in the original folder.

Now for the heart of my question: Do I copy the 'ApplicationViewsRootNode' folder currently listed in the 'Views' folder and move it into my new folder with the copied three XML views and then delete it in the original folder like I did the three XML views or keep my hands off of it?

Sorry for such a detailed question but I don't want to screw up my computer.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Getting a blocked program error in regards to MMC.exe

Smartscreen blocking an EXE

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any option to save password?
    • Which application are you referring to?

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Right click on the shortcut or in File explorer and select Run as administrator check if that helps.
    • Also observe when you type password do you get a prompt for saving password just above Taskbar.

You may also refer the link below and check if that helps.

Smart Screen Filter: FAQ.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/use-smartscreen-filter#ie=ie-11

Hope the issue with smart screen blocking exe will resolved. Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Getting a blocked program error in regards to MMC.exe

1. Getting a blocked program error in regards to MMC.exe - Similar Threads - Getting blocked program

2. Default blocking of .exe files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default blocking of .exe files?: Hi all, Today I downloaded a program and noticed that when I tried to open/run the .exe file, nothing would happen. After some digging, I found that when I opened the file's properties, in the "Attributes" it was set to blocked. I checked the "Unblock" box and when I opened...
  3. Blocked exe file

Blocked exe file: I am sure someone somewhere has a virtual voodoo doll of me. This is the exe file for a game I have had since 2007. It has never happened before. I have scanned the folder with Kaspersky. It says its clean. I have switched off UAC, then switched off the pc, and restarted it,...
  4. UAC Blocking WINRAR exe.

UAC Blocking WINRAR exe.: If I have a RAR file in a Program Files folder and try to unRAR it I get this... [img] The same file in the Downloads folder can be unRAR'd no problem. This started happening around 1 month ago, so something has changed in UAC. I am the only admin on this PC. How do I...
  5. mmc exe blocked windows 10 drive manager mmc.exe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mmc exe blocked windows 10 drive manager mmc.exe: * Moved from Community Participation Center after trying DISM method,this showed me at last ,it is still not fixed what should i do [ATTACH]...
  6. Exe blocked.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Exe blocked.: Hello, I am operating on Microsoft office 2010 but would like to upgrade to Microsoft professional plus office 2013. Unfortunately whenever I try to install I get a message by Windows defender "Unauthorized changes are blocked". What can I do in order to be authorized?...
  7. MMC. is blocked. this app has been blocked for your protection. an administrator has...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MMC. is blocked. this app has been blocked for your protection. an administrator has...: So far I've tried everything I can. I checked for malware, changed the security settings and took ownership of it, but it didn't help. I've disabled smart screen and changed the UAC settings, reset the local security policy to default and chacked in group policy if there are...
  8. Event Viewer MMC error

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer MMC error: MMC has detected an error in the snap-in & will unload it. I tried looking for solutions but none of them worked. I ran SFC, deleted the registery key, and nothing. Also says Unhandled exception in Managed code snap-in system. IO.IO exception. Any help guys? 134980
  9. MMC detects error in a snap-in

in Windows 10 Support
    MMC detects error in a snap-in: Howdy, I am running a HP All-in-One 23-g017c, Windows 10 Home 64-bit Operating system. A few hours ago I was trying to open my Event Viewer to check on something and discovered the following problem. I clicked on my Component Services like I always do. I then clicked on...
  10. MMC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MMC: hello what browser works best for this because edge doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mmc/d553460a-e3d3-4958-be63-cd917b806ffc