Windows 10: Getting a BSOD error on a 2 week old desktop WinDBG suggests something wrong with rtwlanu.sys

Discus and support Getting a BSOD error on a 2 week old desktop WinDBG suggests something wrong with rtwlanu.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My 2-week old desktop showed me a BSOD error today while I was browsing the web. Happened 2 times in quick succession. Ran the minidump file on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rijul2107, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Rijul2107 Win User

Getting a BSOD error on a 2 week old desktop WinDBG suggests something wrong with rtwlanu.sys

My 2-week old desktop showed me a BSOD error today while I was browsing the web. Happened 2 times in quick succession.

Ran the minidump file on WinDBG and it spat out rtwlanu.sys

What should be my next step?

Is this surely the fault of the network driver or can it also suggest an underlying hardware issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Link to Minidump File - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k_7sU44XQXqkdfHzUgvd0jnYgZjdB-ch/view?usp=sharing

:)

Rijul2107, Nov 30, 2020

2. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Nov 30, 2020
  3. IOMAP64.sys BSOD with iTracker 2

I've done research and it seems like they made iTracker 2 v1.7 but only version available for download for my Card (EAH5870 MATRIX Platinum) is 1.5 which I have installed.

The issue is that when ever iTracker 2 is launched I get a BSOD regarding IOMAP64.sys which is a file in the ASUS program folder. I'd give the specific BSOD error code but I don't want to start the crash again. Oddly enough the program used to work fine but for some reason this started happening. I'v been fine using CCC to overclock and such but the card can be pushed more if I could overvolt it using itracker.

I tried googleing for the IOMAP64.sys specifically and literally nothing comes up.

I doubt anyone can really help me but what better place to document this then here on TPU. Before anyone asks, yes I have reinstalled and uninstalled the program several time and I get a crash each time I launch it. Same BSOD.

AphexDreamer, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

Getting a BSOD error on a 2 week old desktop WinDBG suggests something wrong with rtwlanu.sys

BSOD dxgmms2.sys

Hi Dan,

Is it a random BSOD or fixed BSOD?

Dxgmms.sys is a DirectX file.

Try the steps mentioned below if it's a random BSOD.

Method 1: I suggest you to try to refer to the suggestion provided in the below Microsoft Help Article about Blue screen issues and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

If the issues still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: I would suggest you to update the latest driver for display adapter and you may try to update all the drivers in the Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please revert if you get the blue screen.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Getting a BSOD error on a 2 week old desktop WinDBG suggests something wrong with rtwlanu.sys - Similar Threads - Getting BSOD error

2. Multiple BSODS in 2 weeks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSODS in 2 weeks: So, in the past 2 weeks I have gotten 3 BSODS. I have done absolutely nothing at all to this PC and it had been running fine. I do not know why this happened. The first BSOD just showed that NVMDDKLL.sys or somehting like that failed. Then it showed the message driver power...
  3. 2 BSODs within a week!

2 BSODs within a week!: Pretty much what the title says. My specs are as follows: IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz 16.0 GB GTX 1060 6GB Its an asus laptop model GL553VMZ Windows Specifications: Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 20H2 Installed on...
  4. something's wrong with my desktop's audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    something's wrong with my desktop's audio: recently, i bought a new desktop (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06693646) and noticed that there is distortion when i use my bluetooth headphones (sony wh-h900n). at first, i thought it had to do with my headphones, but when i connected them to my laptop...
  5. Week old pc. Daily BSOD

Week old pc. Daily BSOD: Hey, I've bought a pc built for me and on the second day it started to experience bsod's. Mostly during gaming but also a few times during youtube or browsing. I've also had freezes where i'm forced to restart my pc. So far i've only tried to uninstall latest gpu drivers and...
  6. Error: Something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error: Something went wrong: I can't upload photos from my iphone 10 into the photos app on windows 10. Half of the time it can't find anything on the phone, and then when it does it starts uploading and immediately I get an error message saying "something went wrong"...
  7. 2 BSOD's in 2 weeks

2 BSOD's in 2 weeks: Installed W10 Pro on a freshly built system in January. In July, I got 2 BSODs. Can someone assist me with figuring out what happened and how to resolve it? 1. POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA. I got this when I was doing drive cleanup. Bug Check String :...
  8. My desktop has something wrong with it...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My desktop has something wrong with it...: I have a desktop computer with a ethernet cable going to the wall ethernet port. I get about 300mb/s and evryrhing works fine except that it random drops to like 0 bytes/s or playing games it discconects me and reconnects me. Why is my desktop keep losing connection and...
  9. 2 weeks old Win10 PC getting a yellow exclamation error then BSOD

2 weeks old Win10 PC getting a yellow exclamation error then BSOD: My computer was updated 2 weeks ago with no problems So far this has happened twice a get a yellow exclamation mark on the task bar when I click it to see what is wrong I get a grey lit screen with the mouse only responding no other way makes PC respond other than...
  10. WinDbg error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinDbg error.: Hi, I'm quite active on the BSOD subforum of Sevenforums and recently I've been having a small issue with WinDbg and I tried to fix it but it didn't work. It has something to do with symbols and its path has somehow gotten a bit messy. [img] Above is the error...