Windows 10: Getting a BSOD When Copying a Large File on my C Drive

Discus and support Getting a BSOD When Copying a Large File on my C Drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to copy a 47GB Folder to my C Drive and it always triggers a Bluescreen. It Works fine but after 10-20 Minutes it immediately drops the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rasheed Ragasa, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Getting a BSOD When Copying a Large File on my C Drive

I am trying to copy a 47GB Folder to my C Drive and it always triggers a Bluescreen. It Works fine but after 10-20 Minutes it immediately drops the copy speed to 300KB/s or 0KB/s. The Original File i was trying to Copy was in my External Drive, I Created a Duplicate of the 47 GB Folder on my External Drive and it works. Seems like the Bluescreen Only Happens when i try to Copy it to the C DriveAll of my 5 Attempts to Copy the file there were 2 errors that kept popping up it was "KERNAL DATA INPAGE ERROR" or "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED"Things ive Tried to Fix The Problem:Running the "chkdsk c: /r" C

:)

Rasheed Ragasa, Apr 13, 2024
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Apr 13, 2024
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Apr 13, 2024
  4. Wozzer Win User

Getting a BSOD When Copying a Large File on my C Drive

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Apr 13, 2024
Thema:

Getting a BSOD When Copying a Large File on my C Drive

1. Getting a BSOD When Copying a Large File on my C Drive - Similar Threads - Getting BSOD Copying

2. Getting a BSOD When Copying a Large File on my C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a BSOD When Copying a Large File on my C Drive: I am trying to copy a 47GB Folder to my C Drive and it always triggers a Bluescreen. It Works fine but after 10-20 Minutes it immediately drops the copy speed to 300KB/s or 0KB/s. The Original File i was trying to Copy was in my External Drive, I Created a Duplicate of the 47...
  3. Getting a BSOD When Copying a Large File on my C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting a BSOD When Copying a Large File on my C Drive: I am trying to copy a 47GB Folder to my C Drive and it always triggers a Bluescreen. It Works fine but after 10-20 Minutes it immediately drops the copy speed to 300KB/s or 0KB/s. The Original File i was trying to Copy was in my External Drive, I Created a Duplicate of the 47...
  4. File corruption when copying large files

File corruption when copying large files: Hello,I'm experiencing a problem with Windows 10 where I get corrupt backup files if I copy and paste them from one connected external hard drive to another, and the transfer rate is too fast. These files are very large, tending to range in size from 20 GB to 100 GB. Whenever...
  5. C Drive: Unknown LARGE File - stumped

C Drive: Unknown LARGE File - stumped: WINDOWS 10 HOME - 20H2 - DESKTOP I have a LARGE 3.64 GB file on my C drive and am totally at a loss. Disclaimer: I know just enough about computers to be dangerous. Not savvy to say the least. So, simple answers, if any, would be best for THIS user. When accessing...
  6. Restrictions when copying/moving files to C Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Restrictions when copying/moving files to C Drive: [img] Is there any explanation as to why I have this situation of 1) Having to press the "continue" button everytime I'm copying/moving something to the C: drive (P.S. It's just a home PC and I'm the only admin/user), & 2) Why the "More details" is dimmed? I'm running...
  7. Copying large MP4 files

Copying large MP4 files: I have a flash drive created by a company that transfers old 8mm movies and old VHS tapes to digital format. The files are formatted in MP4 and the total volume the 30 separate files on this drive is approximately 105Gb. Most of the files are less than 4Gb but some are...
  8. KB4467708 causes BSOD when copying large files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4467708 causes BSOD when copying large files: I see errors at event viewer just before BSOD; Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection Windows.SecurityCenter.SecurityAppBroker and then BSOD, this is what I get from minidumps [ATTACH] I tested memory sticks, disks and...
  9. Copying files to my C:

Copying files to my C:: Whenever I try copying a file to my C:, I get this error: "Error 0x80070522: A required privilege is not held by client" I have tried to give full control to all my accounts from the security, and tried to share my C: drive on the network and also I have tried to set UAC...
  10. Lag/Stutter When Copying Files to C Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lag/Stutter When Copying Files to C Drive: I recently experience a very weird issue when I copy large folder to my C drive. Basically, I have a high-end PC, with a 4770K @ 4.3Ghz, 16GB 2133Mhz RAM, 240GB SSD (C Drive), and 2 x 500GB WD Black in RAID 0 (D Drive). When I copy a game folder from D to C, the whole system...