Windows 10: Getting a BSOD with the error "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED", dxgmms2.sys is the...

Discus and support Getting a BSOD with the error "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED", dxgmms2.sys is the... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; have 2 monitors, using main 3440x1440 + 3840x2160 as second monitor. have had no problems until recently. the problem is when i play games on the main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FredrikLindman, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Getting a BSOD with the error "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED", dxgmms2.sys is the...

have 2 monitors, using main 3440x1440 + 3840x2160 as second monitor. have had no problems until recently. the problem is when i play games on the main monitor and have video content on the second monitor

……….……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

The BSOD occurs mostly with netflix in fullscreen /90% of times,

sometimes it has crashed while other programs are running /10% of times.

all crashes experienced,(30 perhaps) are when both monitors run,

whenever content is started or unpaused on the 4k second monitor.

BSOD……….

no crash has occured when only one screen is active..

example.

playing a game on main monitor

, pressing play or unpausing a movie on second monitor...

BSOD…..

all drivers are updated, pc is 6700k,16gb ram, gtx 1080, outputs used are 2 dp ports...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand this could be a myriad of problems causing this, but perhaps you know how to fix it.

thx for reading / Fredrik

:)

FredrikLindman, Jan 19, 2019
  2. Kalianyia Win User

BSOD unhandled system thread exception (dxgmms2.sys)

Old main hard drive died. Got a new HDD. Required a new install of Windows 10 of course. No other hardware changes. Computer was perfectly fine before the complete flattening and reinstall of Windows 10 due to new HDD.

Ever since then, whenever I try to play games I often get a BSOD with the error message: unhandled_system_thread_exception (dxgmms2.sys)

It happens at random times. Sometimes I'm good for hours, but most often it happens within the first 1-20 minutes.

I tried updating my ATI drivers to the latest and it made no difference.

I followed instructions here:

Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver.

And could not get my computer to boot without BSODing after setting up the verifier, even after doing things like verifier /reset. Ended up having to do a system restore to get back into Windows.

So now I have a bunch of minidump files. I used WhoCrashed to examine them.

The DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATIONs were caused by:

This was probably caused by the following module: vboxnetadp6.sys (VBoxNetAdp6+0xD0E3)

Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2000, 0xFFFFF80EA38AD0E3, 0x0, 0x54525049)

Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\vboxnetadp6.sys

product: Oracle VM VirtualBox

company: Oracle Corporation

description: VirtualBox NDIS 6.0 Host-Only Network Adapter Driver

I think these are false positives. I'm not running virtual box when I BSOD with the dxgmms2.sys problems. Those BSOD only occur when trying to play games. So it makes sense that there is a problem with a video card driver, not a virtual box network adapter.

The unhandled system thread exception (dxgmms2.sys) were caused by:

This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms2.sys (dxgmms2+0x4FA76)

Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80582DCFA76, 0xFFFF98014858A558, 0xFFFF980148589D80)

Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgmms2.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: DirectX Graphics MMS

Which doesn't really tell me anything new.

I think my next steps is to try to do a full removal of my video card drivers and reinstall them from scratch. Frustrating that this is happening on a fresh Windows 10 install.

Any other ideas or insights?

Edit: Here are the minidumps + .nfo:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmHjTJKsG_m3gzwiBZKIZvOeKrYG

Kalianyia, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    BSOD problem - System Thread exception not handled - netwtw04.sys

Hi,

Conflicts with the installed driver is one of the possible reasons why you are having an blue screen error code: System Thread exception not handled - netwtw04.sys. To assist you better regarding your blue screen issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried updating your network adapter driver? If not, you can follow the steps on this

link
      that was provided by JMH (MS-MVP) to update your driver.

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Getting a BSOD with the error "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED", dxgmms2.sys is the...

System Thread Exception Not Handled?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

The System Thread Exception Not Handled error in Windows mostly occur due to incompatible or old graphics card drivers. System Thread Exception Not Handled error is often displayed along with the Blue Screen of Death

I suggest you to boot into Safe Mode environment and update your graphic drivers.

Method 1: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

You may also download the latest graphic drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them on your computer.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Method 2:

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Getting a BSOD with the error "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED", dxgmms2.sys is the...

1. Getting a BSOD with the error "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED", dxgmms2.sys is the... - Similar Threads - Getting BSOD error

2. BSoD with error SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD with error SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hi, my laptop is getting BSoD too many times with the error "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED" mostly when I switch windows while playing games otherwise it is working fine, I am running windows 11 and I have seen some fixes for updating some drivers or reinstalling them,...
  3. BSOD error "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED"

BSOD error "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED": Hello! Can I know what caused this BSOD while I was using my computer? Minidump files for reference:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mf4XcHUe_5qWE_YFqSuwnR5bklaTicos/view?usp=sharing...
  4. SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Başarısız:rtwlane6.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Başarısız:rtwlane6.sys: Bilgisayarımı kullanırken wi-fi bağlantısı kesildi ama telefonum hala wi-fi ağına bağlıydı yani wi-fi ağında bir problem yoktu. Bende Ağ ve internet ayarları için sorunları gider seçeneğini seçtim tam o sırada bilgisayarım mavi ekran verip bu uyarıyı verdi.Durdurma Kodu:...
  5. SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Başarısız:rtwlane6.sys

SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Başarısız:rtwlane6.sys: Bilgisayarımı kullanırken wi-fi bağlantısı kesildi ama telefonum hala wi-fi ağına bağlıydı yani wi-fi ağında bir problem yoktu. Bende Ağ ve internet ayarları için sorunları gider seçeneğini seçtim tam o sırada bilgisayarım mavi ekran verip bu uyarıyı verdi.Durdurma Kodu:...
  6. SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Başarısız:rtwlane6.sys

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. BSOD error SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD error SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: I'm running windows 10 on a Dell Precision 3520 from 2017. No recent updates or driver installs. No external hardware. BSOD/SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED continually and won't get past login when booting normally. I can boot to safe mode to get the minidump, msinfo and...
  8. system thread exception not handled BSOD error.

system thread exception not handled BSOD error.: Hello, just few minutes I got a BSOD with this error : system thread exception not handled out of nowhere while I was exploring internet. When the windows finished restarted I went to event log and it told me the system rebooted for a bugcheck : 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005,...
  9. System Thread Exception Not Handled (igdkmd64.sys)

System Thread Exception Not Handled (igdkmd64.sys): (Note: I have been updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10). I have installed Windows 10 on a laptop and two PC’s All went well but today (3 days later) my main PC when switch this morning on gave me the following. (Fig1) System Thread Exception Not Handled (igdkmd64.sys) I...
  10. BSOD system thread exception not handled rtkvhd64.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD system thread exception not handled rtkvhd64.sys: TL,DR: system thread exception not handled rtkvhd64.sys error screen and resetting to factory does not work. Hi, I've recently had an issue with my Hp Envy and it will randomly crash and show the screen shown on the link and it will be stuck in this screen. I have no idea...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 2004 bluescreen system thread exception not handled no minidump

2. dxmmgs2 netflix

3. stop code system thread exception not handled dxgmms2.sys