Windows 10: Getting a command prompt every time I start my PC

Discus and support Getting a command prompt every time I start my PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I start or restart my PC, I get a cmd and black screen. Then, I have to type "explorer" on the cmd and then everything loads. Then, I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/I_love_emoji, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Getting a command prompt every time I start my PC

Whenever I start or restart my PC, I get a cmd and black screen. Then, I have to type "explorer" on the cmd and then everything loads. Then, I have to close the cmd. Any way to skip this process?

submitted by /u/I_love_emoji
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/I_love_emoji, Sep 9, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Frozen, Limited Command Prompt Access

Hi Vestii,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to try with the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: DISM

I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 2:

Also, I would suggest you to perform a clean boot and check.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Getting a command prompt every time I start my PC

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Getting a command prompt every time I start my PC

1. Getting a command prompt every time I start my PC - Similar Threads - Getting command prompt

2. Can’t access command prompt admin and can’t restart my pc every time I try it freezes the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t access command prompt admin and can’t restart my pc every time I try it freezes the...: I’m watching every single tortilla and find out there is more problems that are arising i tried resetting my pc bc I wanna clean out the unnecessary things and I can’t run any game every time I try to load it up it crashes and can’t open and files that I’ve made having...
  3. Can’t access command prompt admin and can’t restart my pc every time I try it freezes the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t access command prompt admin and can’t restart my pc every time I try it freezes the...: I’m watching every single tortilla and find out there is more problems that are arising i tried resetting my pc bc I wanna clean out the unnecessary things and I can’t run any game every time I try to load it up it crashes and can’t open and files that I’ve made having...
  4. Can’t access command prompt admin and can’t restart my pc every time I try it freezes the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Getting a command prompt every time I start my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting a command prompt every time I start my PC: Whenever I start or restart my PC, I get a cmd and black screen. Then, I have to type "explorer" on the cmd and then everything loads. Then, I have to close the cmd. Any way to skip this process? submitted by /u/I_love_emoji [link] [comments]...
  6. Getting a cmd every time I start my PC

Getting a cmd every time I start my PC: Whenever I start or restart my PC, I get a cmd and black screen. Then, I have to type "explorer" on the cmd and then everything loads. Then, I have to close the cmd. Any way to skip this process? submitted by /u/I_love_emoji [link] [comments]...
  7. Every time i start up my pc i get this error

Every time i start up my pc i get this error: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Matt7531 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ii92eu/every_time_i_start_up_my_pc_i_get_this_error/
  8. "Start this PC with a command prompt?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Start this PC with a command prompt?: As already described in the title, I want to start "this PC" with a command prompt. Is that possible? Thanks for the many and quick answers, with which it worked :D "Dieser PC mit Eingabeaufforderung starten?
  9. Every time my PC boots after I login there's nothing but a command prompt window.

Every time my PC boots after I login there's nothing but a command prompt window.: So I have to type "explorer.exe" every time I boot my PC. submitted by /u/nouisce [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1a73l/every_time_my_pc_boots_after_i_login_theres/
  10. Every time I start my PC it seems to be updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Every time I start my PC it seems to be updating: Hi every time i start my Pc indoors it seems to be updating every time can you help me to resolve this please * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: Switch pc on...