Windows 10: Getting a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Error

Discus and support Getting a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently got a BSOD with the error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. It has only happened once, but I am concerned that it may happen again in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by _Kyzen, Apr 16, 2021.

1. _Kyzen Win User

Getting a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Error

Hello,

I recently got a BSOD with the error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. It has only happened once, but I am concerned that it may happen again in the future and I may end up losing work.

Looking at the reliability history I get this:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 0xffffc801d12c7000, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff80649052a82

The dump files are located here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nuRWdGyR-hPAPqD42kU3E-STuqZ-0tLn?usp=sharing

I've searched around and found that it's to do with my drivers, but I'm hoping someone capable of reading dump files would be able to find a more specific reason.

Thank you.

:)

_Kyzen, Apr 16, 2021

2. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Athamas Win User
    BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I have been getting random BSOD (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Source: nwifi.sys) in the last 3 days. They seem to only appear when playing videos on YouYube, but it might be a coincidence.

What has changed in the last 3 days?

Nothing on the laptop itself. I plugged in a new keyboard and mouse (both USB), and a USB hub (USB-C).
    I also installed new drivers for the Intel Graphics and "Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager" as suggested by Dell Driver Updater, but this was an attempt to fix the BSOD, which already happened before updating these drivers.

What are the laptop info and specs?

• Text version: MEGA
    • Speccy version (can be imported into Speccy): MEGA
    • MsInfo32 Output: MEGA

Most recent dump files?

This is the content of C:\Windows\Minidump: (all 3 are the most recent BSOD dumps and match with the date and time of the BSODs)

MEGA
    MEGA
    MEGA

What have you tried?

I have checked with the Dell System Detect utility to see if all the drivers were up to date; 2 weren't and I updated them (as written above) but that didn't solve the issue.

I have cleaned the system Registry with the CCleaner utility, but that didn't solve the issue.

What can I do?

EDIT:

Upon suggestion, I updated the killer drivers.
    All seemes fine of a while, then, after the laptop went to suspended state, I noticed the external mouse stopped working, while the touchpad worked.
    After plugging and unplugging, I rebooted.
    Laptop stuck to reboot for 6 min (usually takes 6 seconds) then BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

Log:

MEGA

Athamas, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Getting a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Error

Getting DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD error on windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

Is it DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD error?

The DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bug check indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    Blue screen error, or stop code, will make your computer shut down abruptly to protect itself from data loss. The likely cause of the issue might be incompatible drivers.

Check and confirm that your PC is running with compatible drivers from Manufacturer website. If you find an updated driver, then replace old driver with it to see if it makes any difference.

Suggest you to refer Bug Check 0xD1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    and see if it helps you in fixing the issue.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Getting a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Error

1. Getting a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Error - Similar Threads - Getting DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

2. BSOD Error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL NETIO.SYS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL NETIO.SYS: Hello, Recently I have been experiencing Blue Screen Errors randomly. The details of the error it shows that DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and STOPCODE: Netio.Sys.I am attaching my minidump files: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtNzBsoIvdVPgR6z7fVYDYvWjZm3?e=RuY2Gk...
  3. BSOD Error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL NETIO.SYS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL NETIO.SYS: Hello, Recently I have been experiencing Blue Screen Errors randomly. The details of the error it shows that DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and STOPCODE: Netio.Sys.I am attaching my minidump files: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtNzBsoIvdVPgR6z7fVYDYvWjZm3?e=RuY2Gk...
  4. BSOD Errors - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL // DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Errors - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL // DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I get a BSOD error with that message from the title every so often. Doesn’t usually happen while gaming - I have noticed most times it has happened during normal browsing, watching live streams or videos while I do work. codes commonly are: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL //...
  5. BSOD Errors - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL // DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD Errors - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL // DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I get a BSOD error with that message from the title every so often. Doesn’t usually happen while gaming - I have noticed most times it has happened during normal browsing, watching live streams or videos while I do work. codes commonly are: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL //...
  6. BSOD Errors - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL // DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Errors - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL // DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I get a BSOD error with that message from the title every so often. Doesn’t usually happen while gaming - I have noticed most times it has happened during normal browsing, watching live streams or videos while I did work. codes commonly are: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL //...
  7. BSOD Errors - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL // DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD Errors - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL // DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I get a BSOD error with that message from the title every so often. Doesn’t usually happen while gaming - I have noticed most times it has happened during normal browsing, watching live streams or videos while I did work. codes commonly are: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL //...
  8. "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSoD error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSoD error: My laptop, for some unknown reason, crashes often with the stop code "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". Adding to that, it also says that "entryprotect.sys" failed. This really gets on my nerves and also makes me worried about if the laptop has some sort of internal problem,...
  9. BSOD with driver_irql_not_less_or_equal tcpip.sys error

BSOD with driver_irql_not_less_or_equal tcpip.sys error: Hey guys, I followed the instructions to try and prepare mini dumps and system info for analysis, I can't find what is crashing my computer. Can anyone help out? Uploading them to a drive and sharing here. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoBlDENaWKD6gZ5jY3bHPDdTYfxi9Q?e=T0HaRW Let...
  10. BSOD, error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (nwifi.sys)

BSOD, error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (nwifi.sys): Hi Community, on 11 april I suddenly got a bsod with the error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ( nwifi.sys ) My question is, what was the cause of the bsod, and how can I fix this error? things I've already done: updated all driver and ran windows memory diagnostics tool,...