Windows 10: Getting a dvd to eject

Discus and support Getting a dvd to eject in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I put in a dvd and now I am unable to get it to eject, what can I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarthaZimmerman, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Getting a dvd to eject

I put in a dvd and now I am unable to get it to eject, what can I do?

:)

MarthaZimmerman, Feb 5, 2020

2. DVD Eject unsuccessful

I inserted a DVD to load scanner software and when I ejected to retrieve the DVD

it ejected but without the DVD in place which appears to still be in the computer.

Thoughts on how to get the DVD out without hurting computer.

RICHARDROSSO, Feb 5, 2020
  3. After installing printer, I can't eject the install disc

Hi Robert,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To reject the disc out I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press “windows+X”, it will open the “file explorer”.
    • Then on the left hand side click on “This PC”.
    • You will find the “DVD Drive”, right click on it
    • And click on “eject option” and check whether the DVD is ejected or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Getting a dvd to eject

Windows 10 -- getting error message when ejecting DVD

I started a job here at a local IT company. Customer brought in a Windows 10 HP pavilion all in one, model number 22-a113w, saying that the DVD drive wouldn't even spin up. He had downloaded a real player update and DVD burner software update, which he later uninstalled.

I put in a test DVD and it spins up. But when I eject the dvd I get an error message saying that "There was an error ejecting the DVD. Was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what the problem could be, since i'm new to windows having my experience with os X.

Straitsfan, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Getting a dvd to eject

1. Getting a dvd to eject - Similar Threads - Getting dvd eject

2. 1 DVD drive port automatically ejects

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 DVD drive port automatically ejects: Problems I face:1 My DVD drive port automatically ejects. Sometimes it occurs while connecting to usb poer. It ejected right now while I am typing. I use external keyboard.2 The LED near charging port is on even after my laptop is switched off.3 My touchpad is a bit erratic,...
  3. 1 DVD drive port automatically ejects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 DVD drive port automatically ejects: Problems I face:1 My DVD drive port automatically ejects. Sometimes it occurs while connecting to usb poer. It ejected right now while I am typing. I use external keyboard.2 The LED near charging port is on even after my laptop is switched off.3 My touchpad is a bit erratic,...
  4. 1 DVD drive port automatically ejects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Eject a CD or DVD and the drive "stops"

Eject a CD or DVD and the drive "stops": Hi, I have both an internal SATA DVD drive on my PC and an external USB DVD drive. I started with just the internal, inserted a disk and it behaved as normal. When I had finished with the first disk I pressed the eject button on the drive and the disk ejected, I inserted the...
  6. DVD Drive won't eject manually !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD Drive won't eject manually !: I have not used my DVD drive for awhile on Windows 10. Today I could not open the drive with the manual button to put my disc in. I had to click the DVD drive in the menu and it then opened. After playing the CD, again it would not eject with the manual button I had to right...
  7. DVD drive not ejecting

DVD drive not ejecting: I was watching video on friday night by inserting the dvd into my dvd player. It was my fav old movie. But today I realised I have left that in dvd drive. Today i thought to get it outside. But its not ejecting for some good reason....
  8. Dell Laptop does not eject DVD

Dell Laptop does not eject DVD: I was duplicating a DVD of my pictures. When done I could not eject the disk. Disks completed burn and said ready for removal. System has all current updates. Driver worked fine yesterday....
  9. DVD Reader not ejecting when pressing it's button

DVD Reader not ejecting when pressing it's button: As title says, but it does eject if I tell it to through Windows File Explorer and it does read and write discs, and seems to be working normally. Been trying to fiddle with its cable too. Is this just a hardware failure? Have done some diagnostics too through Windows. 90057
  10. Windows 10 -- getting error message when ejecting DVD

Windows 10 -- getting error message when ejecting DVD: I started a job here at a local IT company. Customer brought in a Windows 10 HP pavilion all in one, model number 22-a113w, saying that the DVD drive wouldn't even spin up. He had downloaded a real player update and DVD burner software update, which he later uninstalled. I...