Windows 10: Getting a dvd to eject

Discus and support Getting a dvd to eject in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I put in a dvd and now I am unable to get it to eject, what can I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarthaZimmerman, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Getting a dvd to eject

I put in a dvd and now I am unable to get it to eject, what can I do?

:)

MarthaZimmerman, Feb 5, 2020

2. DVD Eject unsuccessful

I inserted a DVD to load scanner software and when I ejected to retrieve the DVD

it ejected but without the DVD in place which appears to still be in the computer.

Thoughts on how to get the DVD out without hurting computer.

RICHARDROSSO, Feb 5, 2020
  3. After installing printer, I can't eject the install disc

Hi Robert,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To reject the disc out I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press “windows+X”, it will open the “file explorer”.
    • Then on the left hand side click on “This PC”.
    • You will find the “DVD Drive”, right click on it
    • And click on “eject option” and check whether the DVD is ejected or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Getting a dvd to eject

Windows 10 -- getting error message when ejecting DVD

I started a job here at a local IT company. Customer brought in a Windows 10 HP pavilion all in one, model number 22-a113w, saying that the DVD drive wouldn't even spin up. He had downloaded a real player update and DVD burner software update, which he later uninstalled.

I put in a test DVD and it spins up. But when I eject the dvd I get an error message saying that "There was an error ejecting the DVD. Was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what the problem could be, since i'm new to windows having my experience with os X.

Straitsfan, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Getting a dvd to eject

1. Getting a dvd to eject - Similar Threads - Getting dvd eject

2. An error occurred while ejecting DVD RW Drive on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    An error occurred while ejecting DVD RW Drive on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you try to eject a CD or DVD you see a message – An error occurred while ejecting DVD RW Drive, then this post offers some suggestions that may help you resolve the problem. It mainly happens due to [...] This post An error occurred while ejecting DVD...
  3. eject hardware

in Windows 10 Customization
    eject hardware: I have my printer plugged in and want to unplug it, but there is no icon for this either. The battery icon and the safely eject hardware button are both missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eject-hardware/71b5ffea-301a-4497-8750-f4c544e46e34
  4. Windows 10, DVD/CD Rom Drive keeps ejecting CDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10, DVD/CD Rom Drive keeps ejecting CDs: Please suggest fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-dvdcd-rom-drive-keeps-ejecting-cds/54593da0-399f-4ce1-966c-4071ddaa2959
  5. Closing iTunes 12.9.6.3 ejects DVD after upgrade to 1903

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Closing iTunes 12.9.6.3 ejects DVD after upgrade to 1903: I have Windows 10, 64-bit, 1903. After upgrading 1809 to 1903, when I close iTunes, my DVD drawer opens. This was a problem in early 2019, but was fixed after updatinf iCloud for Windows to 7.10.0 & iTunes to 12.9.3. Now it's back. Does anyone else have this problem & does...
  6. USB EJECT

USB EJECT: When I try to eject a sandisk cruiser device I get a message saing that the volume12 sideband is being used..?what is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-eject/b5b258ae-7e86-4af9-8258-41775b2a4dfa
  7. Eject CD

Eject CD: I put a DVD into the disk drive but it wouldn't show up on the computer so I tried to take it out, but the button won't work and since it won't show up I can't do it from the PC folder. Please help!...
  8. Stuck DVD, won't eject. Any ideas? Thanks.

Stuck DVD, won't eject. Any ideas? Thanks.: I tried ejecting from the menu and then by pushing the eject button on the drive. Nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-dvd-wont-eject-any-ideas-thanks/79bc7b89-1917-4e3d-87d5-00ee0b6ac83b
  9. DVD Reader not ejecting when pressing it's button

DVD Reader not ejecting when pressing it's button: As title says, but it does eject if I tell it to through Windows File Explorer and it does read and write discs, and seems to be working normally. Been trying to fiddle with its cable too. Is this just a hardware failure? Have done some diagnostics too through Windows. 90057
  10. Windows 10 -- getting error message when ejecting DVD

Windows 10 -- getting error message when ejecting DVD: I started a job here at a local IT company. Customer brought in a Windows 10 HP pavilion all in one, model number 22-a113w, saying that the DVD drive wouldn't even spin up. He had downloaded a real player update and DVD burner software update, which he later uninstalled. I...