Windows 10: Getting a "File System Error" for The Outer Worlds, and the game won't launch as a result

Discus and support Getting a "File System Error" for The Outer Worlds, and the game won't launch as a result in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So i'm having this issue as seen above. Allow me to get to the point. I have tried every single troubleshooting issue i have done back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Arbiter117, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Getting a "File System Error" for The Outer Worlds, and the game won't launch as a result

Getting a "File System Error" for The Outer Worlds, and the game won't launch as a result 77eaf5ed-1004-4e94-a2ee-3939e6ccd33f?upload=true.png

So i'm having this issue as seen above. Allow me to get to the point.

I have tried every single troubleshooting issue i have done back when i was having a similar issue with Gears 5 in September. I even ran System File Check via elevated Command Prompt (sfc /scannow), and after fixing some "integrity violations" as it puts it, it didn't solve this issue either. I am currently reinstalling the game, but i highly doubt that it will work regardless, because it seems like when a game/app doesn't work on the Xbox App/Windows Store, it REALLY doesn't work no matter what i try on my end. And i am not the only one having these issues. A handful of people on Reddit are having this issue as well, and nobody can find a solution to it. I'm convinced that apps/software such as these are all self aware, and simply do not want to be fixed no matter what. Unlike Gears 5, this time there is no solution to this issue as far as i can tell. Not on my end. I pretty much gave up before i had to deal with another headache inducing situation like i did with Gears 5.

Windows is fully updated, and i have the latest Nvidia graphics driver installed. What's going on?

:)

Arbiter117, Oct 24, 2019

2. Get Windows 10 App won´t launch

Hello all,

I hope someone can help me. Finally after a lot of manual updates, my Get Windows 10 app is showing in the taskbar.

However, now when I left click it, right click Get Windows 10, right click Check your Update status, the app launches and immediately closes down again.

The options Go to Windows Update and Get to know Windows 10 do work.

Just the app won´t launch. Anyone ideas?

Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz

8.00 GB RAM

64-bit operating system

JorisKurstjens, Oct 24, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Getting a "File System Error" for The Outer Worlds, and the game won't launch as a result

Getting Error: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file, While Launching Games.

Hi Christopher Lasalle,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    2. What all troubleshooting steps have you already tried to fix this issue?
    3. Are you getting this error message for all the games or for a particular game?
    4. Have you installed any antivirus software except Windows Defender?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if you are getting the same error message.

Method 1:
    Launching The Game In Administrator Mode.

I suggest you to directly launch any game in Administrator Mode by
    right clicking on the game and clicking on Run As Administrator and see if you are able to launch the game.

If launching the game in Administrator Mode gives you the same error, then try
    Method 2 and check.

Method 2:
    Performing A Clean Boot.

To check if any third-party application is causing this issue, I suggest you to put your computer in a
    Clean Boot State and once your computer is in Clean Boot, try
    to launch the games that you were not able to launch and check if you are still getting the same error message.

Note: A Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Your computer may
    temporarily lose some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

You can follow the section How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot from the above Clean Boot article to check what is causing this issue.

If the Clean Boot works, then don't forget to place the computer to normal boot by going to
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting section in the Clean Boot link.

Method 3:
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file" error
    when you try to install, update or start a program or file
    and check if you are getting the same error while launching the game.

Note: In the above article, the 6th Method is to disable antivirus software and by doing so may make your PC vulnerable to viral, fraudulent, or malicious attacks.
    Microsoft does not recommend that you disable your antivirus software or change the settings.
    If you have to temporarily disable your antivirus software, you should re-enable it as soon as you are done. Use this workaround at your own risk.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after performing the above troubleshooting steps, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Getting a "File System Error" for The Outer Worlds, and the game won't launch as a result

1. Getting a "File System Error" for The Outer Worlds, and the game won't launch as a result - Similar Threads - Getting File System

2. The Outer Worlds does not launch anymore

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The Outer Worlds does not launch anymore: I bought The Outer Worlds on October 24, 2019 and had some trouble downloading it. After updating my computer, the game was installed and I was able to play. I played the game for a little while until just recently December 3, 2019 the desktop icon for the game disappeared....
  3. The Outer Worlds launches windows app store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Outer Worlds launches windows app store: Been playing on The Outer Worlds with no issues for the last couple of weeks. However the game now no longer launches, upon trying to play the game the app opens up the windows gaming services page on the windows app store. It's pretty frustrating not being able to play the...
  4. The outer worlds wont launch

The outer worlds wont launch: The other day i noticed the outer worlds icon disappeared from my taskbar where i'd pinned it. the space is there and when i right click it it shows outer worlds. when i try to launch from there or the windows store, nothing happens...
  5. The Outer Worlds won't launch at all

The Outer Worlds won't launch at all: I have done everything I have seen to try to fix this problem, I have the game pass, installed the game (which took forever) from the microsoft store. Opens for a couple seconds then back to the desktop screen. I've tried the CMD prompt ****, I've tried running as Admin, I've...
  6. Outer Worlds is not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outer Worlds is not launching: Played just fine the last couple of days, but for some reason it is not launching at all. I have tried launching from the Xbox app, Microsoft Store, the Start menu pin and task bar pin. There are no failed launches in the Task Manager. It isn't even trying to start up the...
  7. The Outer Worlds - Error 0x803F8001 On Launch From Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Outer Worlds - Error 0x803F8001 On Launch From Microsoft Store: Bought this 4 days ago through the XBOX Game Pass for PC. Downloaded and played for the next three days no problem, really enjoying it. Played last night, saved, shut down the PC. This morning when I opened it I got as far as the 'Press Any Key' before it gave me this...
  8. Outer worlds wont run - File system error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outer worlds wont run - File system error: Im getting the error - File system error (-2143322101) Running win10, clean install. Game was working yesterday. Google has no answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outer-worlds-wont-run-file-system-error/4c55798e-4579-41bc-a007-23d627e01a0f
  9. The Outer Worlds won't start.

The Outer Worlds won't start.: Worked fine yesterday, now nothing happens when i press the play button. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-outer-worlds-wont-start/3af9d0c9-fb88-403c-a475-9eaf20901596"
  10. Outer Worlds not launching on Xbox PC (Game Pass)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outer Worlds not launching on Xbox PC (Game Pass): The Xbox Beta PC app will not launch The Outer Worlds. I have tried reinstalling the game twice and restarted my computer. Don't know what's going on The error messages says this C:\Program...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the outer worlds file system error

2. game pass 2143322101

3. where are the outer worlds files windows

4. the outer worlds error,
  5. outer worlds error 2143322101,
  6. outer worlds system error 2015294512,
  7. outer worlds wont launch from windows,
  8. the outer worlds no applicable device error,
  9. the outer worlds runtime error,
  10. outer worlds wont run