Windows 10: Getting a message while Custom installing my windows 10 .The partitions on the disk...

Discus and support Getting a message while Custom installing my windows 10 .The partitions on the disk... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am custom installing my windows 10 with the ISO file without USB. Can i know what to do whether to proceed or to do something else.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sanjay NithishK S, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Getting a message while Custom installing my windows 10 .The partitions on the disk...

I am custom installing my windows 10 with the ISO file without USB. Can i know what to do whether to proceed or to do something else.

:)

Sanjay NithishK S, Aug 3, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Installing Windows Vista/7 on a GUID Partition Table

I've never tried multiple partitions so this is a shot in the dark...

At step #10, I would try setting the size parameter (it is in mebibytes) to how large you want the partition windows is installed on to be, then go ahead and install windows. This will leave the rest of the drive raw instead of consuming it into the OS partition (C drive). Once you successfully boot into Windows, you should be able to use Computer Management -> Disk Management to create partitions in the raw space.

If you really wanted to do it with diskpart before Windows is installed, you basically repeat the following lines making sure to specify a size if you don't want it to consume all remaining space:
    • create partition primary size=size in mebibytes here
    • format quick fs=ntfs label="appropriate name here"
    • assign letter=C thru Z here
    Obviously, you can use quick formatting or leave it out for full format. Leave off the size parameter when you reach the final partition that should consume all the remaining space. Also remember that the order you do this in goes from the outside of the disk (where it is fastest) to the inside of the disk (where it is slowest). Because of this, it is recommended to put EFI (e.g. size=300), then MSR (e.g. size=300), then Windows (e.g. size=30000), then Applications (e.g. size=70000), then Storage (e.g. no size parameter).

If I'm right, the above example would look like this:
    • diskpart
    • list disk
    • select disk <id>
    • online disk
    • attributes disk clear readonly
    • clean
    • convert gpt
    • create partition efi size=300
    • create partition msr size=300
    • create partition primary size=30000
    • format fs=ntfs label="Windows"
    • assign letter=C
    • create partition primary size=70000
    • format fs=ntfs label="Applications"
    • assign letter=D
    • create partition primary
    • format fs=ntfs label="Storage"
    • assign letter=E
    • exit

FordGT90Concept, Aug 3, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Getting a message while Custom installing my windows 10 .The partitions on the disk...

Partition SSD during windows 10 install

Yep. Exactly this.

When you install Windows, and get to the part asking what drive you want to install to. Click the advanced options, select New, and put in the size you want the C partition to be. Leave the rest unallocated and select the new partition you just created to install to. Then once you are in Windows you can create the second partition and format it in disk management.

newtekie1, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Getting a message while Custom installing my windows 10 .The partitions on the disk...

1. Getting a message while Custom installing my windows 10 .The partitions on the disk... - Similar Threads - Getting message while

2. while installing a new window my partition is not deleting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    while installing a new window my partition is not deleting: while insa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-installing-a-new-window-my-partition-is-not/533b13e0-17b4-4c63-9a2c-ffb96bd33ef5
  3. while installing a new window my partition is not deleting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    while installing a new window my partition is not deleting: while insa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-installing-a-new-window-my-partition-is-not/533b13e0-17b4-4c63-9a2c-ffb96bd33ef5
  4. while installing a new window my partition is not deleting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Will Windows 10 or 11 partition disk while installing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows 10 or 11 partition disk while installing?: I currently run Linux. I want to set up a Windows partition for the few programmes I want that don't have a Linux equivalent. If I buy Windows 10 or 11, will it partition my disk as part of the install when I download it? can all this be done from some installation wizard...
  6. Will Windows 10 or 11 partition disk while installing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Windows 10 or 11 partition disk while installing?: I currently run Linux. I want to set up a Windows partition for the few programmes I want that don't have a Linux equivalent. If I buy Windows 10 or 11, will it partition my disk as part of the install when I download it? can all this be done from some installation wizard...
  7. DISK PARTITION IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DISK PARTITION IN WINDOWS 10: Please suggest the solution for this "the size of the extent is less than the minimum hdd error" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-partition-in-windows-10/2bb2310d-42fd-46e7-b81d-ba08c6e429d3
  8. windows 10 cannot install to this GPT PARTITION DISK

windows 10 cannot install to this GPT PARTITION DISK: WINDOWS 10 cannot install to GPT partition style disk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cannot-install-to-this-gpt-partition/3e7db08c-e8fa-4435-a422-83948e1d86a0
  9. Clean Windows 10 Install & Disk Partitions

Clean Windows 10 Install & Disk Partitions: Hello Two desktop computers each running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I tried to copy an image of the source C: drive to the target C: drive and ran into issues and, I think, in the process messed up the source drive partition table. So I tried to do a clean install of Windows...
  10. Is my Disk Partition Configuration Preventing Windows 10 Installation?

Is my Disk Partition Configuration Preventing Windows 10 Installation?: I posted a thread here about my Windows 10 installation problems https://www.tenforums.com/installatio...what-next.html Some of the installation log errors are these: 2015-11-17 10:38:33, Error IBSLIB OSRollbackService::CBootFilesRestoreCheckpoint::Finalize: Failed to...