Windows 10: Getting a 'No Signal' when using DisplayPort

Discus and support Getting a 'No Signal' when using DisplayPort in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently built a new computer with a 2070 super that I was using in my old rig. I can use HDMI just fine, but when I try to use DisplayPort I get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EricSchnitzler, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Getting a 'No Signal' when using DisplayPort

I recently built a new computer with a 2070 super that I was using in my old rig. I can use HDMI just fine, but when I try to use DisplayPort I get a "No Signal" on my monitors. It's weird because it seems my monitors are picking up something because when I plug the DP cables in my monitors will turn on. I have tried several things to fix this. I've used DDU and cleared out any drivers and then reinstalled brand new drivers, I've reseated the GPU, I put my 2070 super in my old computer and used the same monitors and DisplayPort cables and everything worked fine, and have used both PCIE slots. Now, when I go in to display settings it looks like Windows can 'see' my other monitor, but when I try to expand the display I get a message saying the display settings could not be changed. When I go into Device Manager, under 'Other Devices' there are two PCI Device with a yellow caution sign and a PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller also with a yellow caution sign, they are telling me that the drivers are not installed for this device. These are the hardware id's for the PCI Device: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1485&SUBSYS_88081043&REV_00 & PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_148A&SUBSYS_88081043&REV_00. This is the hardware id for the PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1486&SUBSYS_88081043&REV_00

:)

EricSchnitzler, Feb 28, 2021

2. displayport no signal

Hi Jason,

Please check these suggested steps on how to troubleshoot your current issue:

1: Ensure your compatible video cable is firmly connected

A loose connection between your monitor and your PC will trigger the monitor no signal issue. If you’re seeing the no signal message on your screen when your Windows system is running, the first thing you should check is whether your compatible video cable
    is firmly connected or not.

2: Check if you selected the correct input source

If your didn’t select the correct input source for your monitor, you will also get the monitor no signal issue. Before you select the correct input source for your monitor, you need to know what ports your PC and the monitor have.

DP, HDMI, DVI, VGA

Follow the instructions below to select the correct input source for your monitor:

Ensure your PC and your monitor are both turned on.

Press the menu button on the edge of your monitor.

Navigate to Input Source and select the correct input source. For example, if you connect your monitor to the VGA port on your PC, then set the input source as VGA.

3: Check if your graphics card is firmly inserted in its slot

You will also get the no signal message if your graphics card is not firmly inserted in its slot. In this case, you need to open your computer case to check. Here is how to do it:

1) Turn off your computer, then disconnect all the cables (including your power cord) and the attached devices from your computer.

2) Open your computer case to locate your graphics card.

The exact location of the graphics card depends on the type of card in your computer. If you’re not sure, please consult your PC manufacturer for assistance.

3) Remove your graphics card from your motherboard and then insert it firmly in its slot.

4) Plug the power cable of your monitor back in and connect it to your PC.

5) Hold the power button down for 30 seconds to a minute and then connect your power cord back and turn it on.

4: Test with another cable or PC

The monitor no signal issue is also probably caused by a damaged video cable. Try connecting your monitor and your PC with a new cable to see if this issue persists. If not, this issue is caused by your video cable.

If this issue remains, try connecting your monitor to another PC. If your monitor still shows the no signal message, it may suggest it is the monitor that causes this issue. In this case, you should contact the manufacturer of your monitor for further assistance.

5: Update your graphics driver

Sometimes the monitor no signal issue may also result from faulty and incompatible graphics driver. Try updating your graphics driver to see if you can resolve this issue.

Please let me know if these steps will help you resolve your issue.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Monitor is not working with DisplayPort to HDMI adapter

I have a HP EliteDisplay E222 and it is not able to recieve signals using a HDMI to DisplayPort adapter. I have tried plugging in the DisplayPort side of the adapter into my computer and into my graphics card and both of them give me no signal and that makes
    me think it is the monitors issue. However, when I plug the current monitor I am using into the HDMI side of the adapter (when the DisplayPort side of the adapter is connected to my computer) I also get no signal.

I have confirmed that the adapter works on my other computer but I just can not find out why it is not working on my main one.

I have tried:

1. Letting windows pick graphic card drivers (RX 570)
    2. Installing the latest drivers
    3. Taking the power cable out of my second monitor for one minute
    4. Resetting the monitor
    5. Turning off the power saving setting in the monitor
    6. Turning power mode to high performance in Windows 10

Unfortunately my current monitor has no DisplayPort port. If it did, I could of connected the DisplayPort side of the adapter to it to determine if the graphic card is the problem or if the monitor is.

DaleViljoen, Feb 28, 2021
  4. GAS
    Gas Win User

Getting a 'No Signal' when using DisplayPort

Displayport gives no signal

Well I did not look at first at your BIOS Version, witch is virtually the native one, as a gamer you should keep it updated as i thought you did; I know it's boring to setup BIOS settings (on your MB you have the option to save settings anyway), and because your BIOS is 7 version older then the last one you better update it in at least 2 steps, and I think that updating your MB BIOS is a "YOU MUST" operation.

Thema:

Getting a 'No Signal' when using DisplayPort

1. Getting a 'No Signal' when using DisplayPort - Similar Threads - Getting 'No Signal'

2. DisplayPort No Signal, Black Screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DisplayPort No Signal, Black Screens: I bought this PC April 2021 https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-supreme-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-7-3700x-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-1tb-ssd-white/6434646.p?skuId=6434646While using the PC my screens will go black and say "DisplayPort no signal." From...
  3. DisplayPort No Signal, Black Screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DisplayPort No Signal, Black Screens: I bought this PC April 2021 https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-supreme-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-7-3700x-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-1tb-ssd-white/6434646.p?skuId=6434646While using the PC my screens will go black and say "DisplayPort no signal." From...
  4. DisplayPort No Signal, Black Screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Fix DisplayPort No signal issue on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix DisplayPort No signal issue on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Occasionally, on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC for some users, you may encounter issues like Generic PnP Monitor not detected, External monitor not detected, Stretched Screen display problem, 144Hz option not showing up in Display options. In this post, we provide...
  6. Displayport monitor no signal after bios screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Displayport monitor no signal after bios screen: My displayport monitor (MSI MAG271CQR) does not display anything after the windows 10 boot logo. The Boot logo and the windows logo show and when the login screen loads up, the monitor disconnects (Shows the no signal message), while the second monitor (hdmi) shows the login...
  7. Displayport no signal after Win 10 june update

Displayport no signal after Win 10 june update: i installed the new windows update 2004 yesterday 03/06. since then none of my displayports are working on my gfx card rtx 2060. the cable is almost brand new. i have the latest geforce driver installed. the monitor works fine with hdmi and dvi. halp pls, its really...
  8. displayport no signal

displayport no signal: everytime i turn on my pc my second monitorsays no signal and im using intel hd graphics https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/displayport-no-signal/5fd256eb-3660-4fd6-b723-8beb5f0254d0
  9. Monitor not detecting a signal from the computer using a DisplayPort adapter to HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor not detecting a signal from the computer using a DisplayPort adapter to HDMI cable: I have XPS13 and recent purchase of thunderbolt docking station tb16. all are dell products (laptop, docking and monitors) . The 3rd monitor is not detecting a signal from the computer using a DisplayPort adapter to HDMI cable that leads to the docking station (since for...
  10. Displayport gives no signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Displayport gives no signal: Hello! So I bought a new monitor, the MG279Q and tried plugging it in to my PC via displayport, the monitor comes with a DP->miniDP cable, (from GTX780 DP to monitors miniDP) and the monitor gives no signal. However the computer does recognize the monitor and for example...