Windows 10: Getting a program designed for Win 8 to run on Win 10

Discus and support Getting a program designed for Win 8 to run on Win 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I purchased a program that was apparently designed to run on Win 8 for my Win 10 PC (all are current versions) and am unable to get it to run. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by smlover3000, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Getting a program designed for Win 8 to run on Win 10

I purchased a program that was apparently designed to run on Win 8 for my Win 10 PC (all are current versions) and am unable to get it to run. The program is ShadowFX from Stardock Software. Is there something I can do to make such a program run on Win 10? Thanks.

:)

smlover3000, Mar 21, 2019
  2. Keith_O Win User

Upgrading from WIN 8 to Win 10

hello,

I have a desktop running Win 8

Can anyone provide a step by step upgrade path/instructions to delete Win 8 and load/run Win 10..

thanks

Keith_O, Mar 21, 2019
  3. ScottM58 Win User
    Expression screen capture not working with Win 10

ScottM58, Mar 21, 2019
  4. RealNeil Win User

Getting a program designed for Win 8 to run on Win 10

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Getting a program designed for Win 8 to run on Win 10

1. Getting a program designed for Win 8 to run on Win 10 - Similar Threads - Getting program designed

2. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  3. design program not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    design program not running: hi im having a problem with a software program called vizterra, its kind of like auto cad. its to design back yard decks etc. it wont let me open. when trying to run is sayig multiple .DLL files are missing. any chance anyone would know how to fix this problem or do i have to...
  4. design program not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    design program not running: hi im having a problem with a software program called vizterra, its kind of like auto cad. its to design back yard decks etc. it wont let me open. when trying to run is sayig multiple .DLL files are missing. any chance anyone would know how to fix this problem or do i have to...
  5. design program not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. unable to run programs in Win 10

unable to run programs in Win 10: I need to use an older ver. of AbacusLaw in Win10. I use AbacusLaw in my law practice. They went to this expensive SAS where what I prev. pd ~ 600.00 for 2-3 years, is now $450.00 a MONTH! I want out. However, this is going to take some time. In the meanwhile, I need...
  7. running incompatable programs on Win 10

running incompatable programs on Win 10: I am currently running Win7x64 pro on my desktop computers. I am toying with the idea of migrating to Win10. Problem is that I have several 'legacy' programs that I cannot & do not want to, abandon--WordPerfect X4 CorelDraw X4 and Ventura 10. they all work fine on Win7 ( a...
  8. How to get win 8 'hot corners' in win 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get win 8 'hot corners' in win 10?: Is there a way to get hot corners in windows 10? for example, it would be great If I could open the notification bar by moving my mouse to the bottom right hand corner In the same way you would open the charms bar in windows 8. Is there any way to achieve this in win...
  9. Programs issues after upgrading win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs issues after upgrading win 8 to win 10: I have had this Asus laptop for over a year (i3 4gb ram intel hd 4000 video card). With windows 8 64bit, I was able to run minecraft filling 1/2 the screen and firefox filling the other half with no issues. I would generally stream hulu or youtube while playing minecraft....
  10. 8" tablet running win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    8" tablet running win 10: Hi guys ive read all that you've posted here but it doesn't cover my problem, i have a 8" tablet running win 10 (upgraded from 8.1 bing) i want to sell the thing as ive bought another, So tried to reset & it just gets stuck. Either a blank screen or the tablet logo with...