Windows 10: Getting a weird unresponsive opening screen after accepting PW?

Discus and support Getting a weird unresponsive opening screen after accepting PW? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is going to be a tough one. I tried to remove Norton 360 (free from Comcast, but I'm now on Hotwire) and installed Free Avast. Couldn't removed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flycaster, Oct 3, 2017.

1. flycaster Win User

Getting a weird unresponsive opening screen after accepting PW?

This is going to be a tough one.
    I tried to remove Norton 360 (free from Comcast, but I'm now on Hotwire) and installed Free Avast. Couldn't removed N360 by Windows or Revo and not realizing I had to use a Norton "removal tool," I just started removing whatever I could using Admin Delete. Also noted that I was getting 100% usage, so I also uninstalled Avast. Must have screwed up something as when I now boot up, nothing is really working. After signing in, the screen alternates between all blue and then showing unresponsive shortcut icons on the desktop, just one picture from my desktop slide show, and a taskbar that only shows Start, Task, Trashbin on the left and on the far right Time and Notification icon. Nothing is responsive and the taskbar is missing about 20 icons. However, when I go into Safe Mode, all is working. I have no idea how to fix this (don't have a good restore point and and a window's repair didn't work.)

:)

flycaster, Oct 3, 2017
  2. spurdoman Win User

Homescreen bug

Another bug I found: espescially in portrait mode and in power saving mode, the phone is unresponsive after opening key lock or opening keyboard, I can move from home screen to another and I can make calls but the touch screen wont accept launching anything
    from the homescreen. Ideas?

spurdoman, Oct 3, 2017
  3. Dinesh-M Win User
    windows 10 post upgrade-system very slow or unresponsive!

Hello,

It has been a frustrating week for me,after I have upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to windows 10 it has been acting weird...browser hangs and goes unresponsive all of a sudden, system hangs or becomes unresponsive while watching videos or listening to
    music....either online or on-system files....notifications donot open up,settings go unresponsive...anyone else facing the same problem? do I have a solution for this?

System information :

HP pavallion dv6-2125 tx

i3-330M,2.13 GHz

Nvidia Geforce G105M

RAM 4 GB

Dinesh-M, Oct 3, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

EdTittel, Oct 3, 2017
Thema:

1. Getting a weird unresponsive opening screen after accepting PW? - Similar Threads - Getting weird unresponsive

2. PW Forgotten. Can't Get Past Welcome Sign-In Screen!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PW Forgotten. Can't Get Past Welcome Sign-In Screen!: Hi! Where can I go in Microsoft to find out what my password is to open my other Windows 10 desktop computer? Previously, it would sign in without a password. Now it asks for one and I cannot recall it. I've tried every pw I've ever used. I have important files and data are...
  3. forgot pc's pw and cannot open after changing microsoft' pw

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    forgot pc's pw and cannot open after changing microsoft' pw: i cannot open my pc1 for i forgot my pw. got directed to change(microsoft pw), so i changed several times, still pc won't open. used the other pc2 and changed again. still pc1 won't open...??? am totally confused....
  4. Win 10 Pro will not accept changed pw

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 Pro will not accept changed pw: I changed my win pw using this: cmd ran as admin net user <name> PwDpassword win accepted change now it is telling me: YOUR PASSWORD WAS CHANGED ON ANOTHER DEVICE. YOU MUST SIGN IN TO THIS DEVICE ONCE WITH YOUR NEW PASSWORD, THEN YOU CAN SIGN IN WITH YOUR PIN. I...
  5. Windows opens up to a black screen and a moving unresponsive cursor.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows opens up to a black screen and a moving unresponsive cursor.: I installed an application yesterday and I don't know if its coincidence or not but since then my Laptop has been opening to a black screen and a moving cursor with no response, no keys work except alt+Ctrl+del which doesn't really help since task manager doesn't open also...
  6. Unresponsiveness After Update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unresponsiveness After Update?: This has been happening for a few days now: I believe after I've installed the April 2019 update for Windows 10, there are times where my computer will become unresponsive the first time I boot it up. By that, I mean it doesn't freeze up or anything, but whenever I click on...
  7. my laptop will not accept my PW and have no disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop will not accept my PW and have no disk: my laptop will not accept my pw to sta rt no disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/my-laptop-will-not-accept-my-pw-and-have-no-disk/762197a5-6982-4f76-a3b4-caecdc6e2219
  8. PC gets slow and unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC gets slow and unresponsive: After I installed a fresh version of Windows on my PC, it gets slow periodically and freezes momentarily. After a bit, it gets back to normal. This happens quite often during the day. Moreover for some reason, I have windows installed in two places (I have two hard drives) -...
  9. Strange intermitent behavior on opening screen-No access to PW field?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange intermitent behavior on opening screen-No access to PW field?: I have successfully updated from Win7 to Win10, however when booting up, I am not always able to go directly to my password to continue the booting process. I turn the computer on and wait until I get the first screen (interesting picture, the date, etc.) I then tap the...
  10. Laptop screen black and unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen black and unresponsive: I downloaded windows 10 and all had been running smoothly, however, when I turned my laptop on this morning my background was black and about 20 new icons had appeared on the desktop all of which were just white and blank, i normally only have rhe recycle bin. i tried to run...