Windows 10: Getting a weird unresponsive opening screen after accepting PW?

Discus and support Getting a weird unresponsive opening screen after accepting PW? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is going to be a tough one. I tried to remove Norton 360 (free from Comcast, but I'm now on Hotwire) and installed Free Avast. Couldn't removed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flycaster, Oct 3, 2017.

1. flycaster Win User

Getting a weird unresponsive opening screen after accepting PW?

This is going to be a tough one.
    I tried to remove Norton 360 (free from Comcast, but I'm now on Hotwire) and installed Free Avast. Couldn't removed N360 by Windows or Revo and not realizing I had to use a Norton "removal tool," I just started removing whatever I could using Admin Delete. Also noted that I was getting 100% usage, so I also uninstalled Avast. Must have screwed up something as when I now boot up, nothing is really working. After signing in, the screen alternates between all blue and then showing unresponsive shortcut icons on the desktop, just one picture from my desktop slide show, and a taskbar that only shows Start, Task, Trashbin on the left and on the far right Time and Notification icon. Nothing is responsive and the taskbar is missing about 20 icons. However, when I go into Safe Mode, all is working. I have no idea how to fix this (don't have a good restore point and and a window's repair didn't work.)

:)

flycaster, Oct 3, 2017
  2. spurdoman Win User

Homescreen bug

Another bug I found: espescially in portrait mode and in power saving mode, the phone is unresponsive after opening key lock or opening keyboard, I can move from home screen to another and I can make calls but the touch screen wont accept launching anything
    from the homescreen. Ideas?

spurdoman, Oct 3, 2017
  3. Dinesh-M Win User
    windows 10 post upgrade-system very slow or unresponsive!

Hello,

It has been a frustrating week for me,after I have upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to windows 10 it has been acting weird...browser hangs and goes unresponsive all of a sudden, system hangs or becomes unresponsive while watching videos or listening to
    music....either online or on-system files....notifications donot open up,settings go unresponsive...anyone else facing the same problem? do I have a solution for this?

System information :

HP pavallion dv6-2125 tx

i3-330M,2.13 GHz

Nvidia Geforce G105M

RAM 4 GB

Dinesh-M, Oct 3, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

EdTittel, Oct 3, 2017
Thema:

1. Getting a weird unresponsive opening screen after accepting PW? - Similar Threads - Getting weird unresponsive

2. WIN10 black screen on login, even on safe mode. system restore doesnt accept pw.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN10 black screen on login, even on safe mode. system restore doesnt accept pw.: My pc suddenly turned black screen when logging into windows 10 account.I can get to loggin screen but after entering password, takes an unusally long time to load, and then puts me on black screen.i can see cursor but that is all. ctrl+alt+del brings up a menu but clicking...
  3. CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen.: Hello.CRITICAL, URGENT:I just formatted and then reinstalled Win10. Clean system.My machine uses my MS Account, not a local account.I am able to log in via my PIN.But - if I try to log in with my known, working MS Account password, the sign-in screen will not accept my PW....
  4. CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen.: Hello.CRITICAL, URGENT:I just formatted and then reinstalled Win10. Clean system.My machine uses my MS Account, not a local account.I am able to log in via my PIN.But - if I try to log in with my known, working MS Account password, the sign-in screen will not accept my PW....
  5. CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Win 10 Won't Accept PW On Diagnostic Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Won't Accept PW On Diagnostic Startup: Hi:Start in "diagnostic startup". Windows will not accept my known good account password. PIN is also not available. PC is now stuck in "diagnostic startup". Using Windows Recovery Environment results in same failure to recognise password. This is a known good password for my...
  7. forgot pc's pw and cannot open after changing microsoft' pw

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    forgot pc's pw and cannot open after changing microsoft' pw: i cannot open my pc1 for i forgot my pw. got directed to change(microsoft pw), so i changed several times, still pc won't open. used the other pc2 and changed again. still pc1 won't open...??? am totally confused....
  8. Win 10 Pro will not accept changed pw

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 Pro will not accept changed pw: I changed my win pw using this: cmd ran as admin net user <name> PwDpassword win accepted change now it is telling me: YOUR PASSWORD WAS CHANGED ON ANOTHER DEVICE. YOU MUST SIGN IN TO THIS DEVICE ONCE WITH YOUR NEW PASSWORD, THEN YOU CAN SIGN IN WITH YOUR PIN. I...
  9. my laptop will not accept my PW and have no disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop will not accept my PW and have no disk: my laptop will not accept my pw to sta rt no disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/my-laptop-will-not-accept-my-pw-and-have-no-disk/762197a5-6982-4f76-a3b4-caecdc6e2219
  10. Strange intermitent behavior on opening screen-No access to PW field?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange intermitent behavior on opening screen-No access to PW field?: I have successfully updated from Win7 to Win10, however when booting up, I am not always able to go directly to my password to continue the booting process. I turn the computer on and wait until I get the first screen (interesting picture, the date, etc.) I then tap the...