Windows 10: Getting AADSTS50020 account error when trying to install printer on home network

Discus and support Getting AADSTS50020 account error when trying to install printer on home network in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My networked printer suddenly stopped talking to one of my PCs. It still works on other PCs. Not a printer issue. I tried removing and reinstalling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JustWannaInstallPrinter, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Getting AADSTS50020 account error when trying to install printer on home network

My networked printer suddenly stopped talking to one of my PCs. It still works on other PCs. Not a printer issue. I tried removing and reinstalling it. When I search for printers, it forces me to log on. I had to create a Microsoft account to get past this. However, when I use that, I get this msg:

AADSTS50020: User account from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft Services' and cannot access the application 'dae89220-69ba-4957-a77a-47b78695e883'Universal Print Native Client in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account.

This is a home network with a wifi and a network printer. I have "Windows 10 Home" What is going on here? To install a printer, do I now need to become a Microsoft networking expert, and figure out tenant services, live.com, and Azure? Can someone point me to an online course where I can get my Microsoft certification in these areas so that I can then go on to print my documents?

:)

JustWannaInstallPrinter, Jan 16, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Actually, my business card does say "Senior Network Engineer"*Laugh :laugh:, but that is only part of what I actually do, we are a full computer shop handling anything from basic computer setup to corporate networking to custom builds.

The error is definitely a problem with the 64/32 bit drivers conflicting, it is a real pain in the ass especially with Lexmark printers. With HP printers, you can just use a net use command to map the network printer to the LPT1 port and then install the printer as a local printer. However, Lexmark usually doesn't allow this with their printers, the drivers are coded in a way that won't allow them to be installed on an LPT port if the printer is supposed to be USB.

You can try removing the lexmark driver from the XP additional driver section, then try connecting to the printer again. It should ask you for the proper driver. You should be able to extract the lexmark driver somewhere on the 64-bit machine, and point to that location when asked. Also, if this is successful, you will probably have to go into both the XP and the Win7 machine's printer properties, go to the advanced tab, and change the print processor to WinPrint with datatype being RAW.

newtekie1, Jan 16, 2021
  3. sledge1 Win User
    Printer setup error - AADSTS50020

Hello, I am having problems printing. My printer suddenly stopped working, so I decided to reinstall it, and it finds the printer, but asks me to sign in to my MSFT account and comes up with the following message: AADSTS50020 "User Account xxxxx does not
    exist.

I have no idea what is going on here. Everything else is working just fine. This is my personal account.

sledge1, Jan 16, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Getting AADSTS50020 account error when trying to install printer on home network

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Getting AADSTS50020 account error when trying to install printer on home network

1. Getting AADSTS50020 account error when trying to install printer on home network - Similar Threads - Getting AADSTS50020 account

2. Trying to Connect to a printer Installed on another Network Computer, Getting Error Code...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to Connect to a printer Installed on another Network Computer, Getting Error Code...: Good Morning, All,In my office I have multiple different printers connected to one Windows 10 pc. When I attempt to browse through file explorer to Network/computername I can see the printers that are installed on the windows 10 pc but when I try to connect via a Windows 11...
  3. Trying to Connect to a printer Installed on another Network Computer, Getting Error Code...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to Connect to a printer Installed on another Network Computer, Getting Error Code...: Good Morning, All,In my office I have multiple different printers connected to one Windows 10 pc. When I attempt to browse through file explorer to Network/computername I can see the printers that are installed on the windows 10 pc but when I try to connect via a Windows 11...
  4. Trying to Connect to a printer Installed on another Network Computer, Getting Error Code...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error AADSTS90072 & AADSTS50020

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error AADSTS90072 & AADSTS50020: Hi, I'm here because I need help with 2 different errors that appear while logging into 2 different site...I will try to explain in the easier way in 2 different parts to let you understand and hopefully help me to fix.I've already tried different solution and I've read...
  6. Error AADSTS90072 & AADSTS50020

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error AADSTS90072 & AADSTS50020: Hi, I'm here because I need help with 2 different errors that appear while logging into 2 different site...I will try to explain in the easier way in 2 different parts to let you understand and hopefully help me to fix.I've already tried different solution and I've read...
  7. AADSTS50020 Error: Printer Issue

AADSTS50020 Error: Printer Issue: Request Id: d186a1c4-4ee6-444a-8d98-eef6f1c3c500 Correlation Id: a821250d-1f25-4f5a-bc1f-dc7e329bee97 Timestamp: 2021-01-14T18:45:35Z Message: AADSTS50020: User account '[redacted]' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft Services' and cannot...
  8. Microsoft error when trying to install printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft error when trying to install printer: I have been having issues with my printer, so decided to reinstall it. When I go to add a printer or scanner it asks me to log in with my microsoft account account, but i get this error. Request Id: 17442f1b-0f94-4439-98d5-0cb8459cfc00 Correlation Id:...
  9. Error when trying to install printer driver

Error when trying to install printer driver: Hi, really need some help please. Bought a printer Canon Pixma MG2160 and tried to connect to my laptop. Plugged in the USB cable and downloaded the latest driver from the official Canon website. The MP and XPS drivers have both downloaded, but when i try to follow the...
  10. Printer setup error - AADSTS50020

Printer setup error - AADSTS50020: Hello, I am having problems printing. My printer suddenly stopped working, so I decided to reinstall it, and it finds the printer, but asks me to sign in to my MSFT account and comes up with the following message: AADSTS50020 "User Account xxxxx does not exist. I have no...