Windows 10: Getting Access Denied Error When Accessing a Newly Installed Internal Hard Drive From Disk...

Discus and support Getting Access Denied Error When Accessing a Newly Installed Internal Hard Drive From Disk... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i recently upgraded my pc with a new cpu,motherboard,16 gb of ram and an ssd (250 gb).So my old HDD internal hard drive died and i had to buy and a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by georgejacket, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Getting Access Denied Error When Accessing a Newly Installed Internal Hard Drive From Disk...

i recently upgraded my pc with a new cpu,motherboard,16 gb of ram and an ssd (250 gb).So my old HDD internal hard drive died and i had to buy and a new one and i did just so today i installed the hard drive into my machine no problem, but when i turned it on and went to disk management and tried to initialize the drive it said access denied any help would be really appreciated thanks!

***Changed Original Titlte From: disk management access denied while trying to install new internal hard drive***

:)

georgejacket, Nov 25, 2018

2. Access denied

Whenever I connect any pendrive or hard disk it says access denied for pen drive I googled got the solution for pendrive but I need to follow the steps everytime I connect give me the permanent solution and steps for hard drive access denied

krishnamagaji, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Drone Win User
    Accessing a Hard Drive...

You can boot from Norton Ghost and clone that disk to your hard drive. Then boot normally install virtual machine with xp and from that machine access cloned drive. It's a complex but safe process.

Drone, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Getting Access Denied Error When Accessing a Newly Installed Internal Hard Drive From Disk...

Access denied for internal secondary drive

Hi All,

I have a laptop running windows 10. A few weeks ago it started coming up with an error message on startup about recycle bin is corrupt on D:\ (my secondary drive). I now get access denied whenever I try to open the files/folders on the drive and am losing
    will to live as this drive has all of my work and family photo's etc... on.

• I have downloaded the take ownership tool and it is saying access denied.
    • Tried changing the drive owner on security and it wont let me as it says access denied (current owner is listed as SYSTEM).
    • Tried changing the security groups and privileges and it won't let me, access denied.
    • Admin has full control privileges and so I enabled the windows admin account (net user administrator /active:yes) and logged in but that still says access denied. My account is also an admin account but still access denied.
    • Tried switching onedrive off as heard that can cause an issue and no luck.
    • Tried using local account rather than Microsoft account and still access denied.
    • Tried a reset of the PC, still no luck
    I really am at a loss now and don't really want to have to take it to a computer shop to get them to try and retrieve.

The laptop was originally on windows 7 but upgraded to windows 10 fine. I am struggling as cannot find any other solutions on the internet, anyone go any ideas.

Cheers

Will

William Fuller, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Getting Access Denied Error When Accessing a Newly Installed Internal Hard Drive From Disk...

1. Getting Access Denied Error When Accessing a Newly Installed Internal Hard Drive From Disk... - Similar Threads - Getting Access Denied

2. Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied: When I attach a WD My Passport device I get an error E\ is not accessible, access denied.....WD recommended I contact Microsoft....thanks in advance for any tips, Dave...
  3. Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied: When I attach a WD My Passport device I get an error E\ is not accessible, access denied.....WD recommended I contact Microsoft....thanks in advance for any tips, Dave...
  4. Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. External Hard Drive Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Access Denied: My external hard drive stopped working from one day to the next. The only changes I made to my system is that I let windows update run when I turned off my computer the day before. The next day when starting my computer it said "no master boot record found" or something...
  6. External Hard Drive - Access Denied

External Hard Drive - Access Denied: I have always taken a backup onto an external hard drive every few weeks. The drive recently stopped working with an "Access Denied" error when I browse to it in explorer.I have a second new external drive and get the same problem.From disk manager, i deleted the volume,...
  7. Workaround to access data when: External Hard Drive "is not accessible. Access is denied."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Workaround to access data when: External Hard Drive "is not accessible. Access is denied.": I got the dreaded "[Drive] is not accessible" message after plugging my external USB hard drive into a new desktop computer. [ATTACH] The drive showed up fine in Disk Management, And after scouring the Internet for solutions, all of the Permissions were fine, as well is...
  8. Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.

Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.: I was doing some backups from my PC to an external USB Drive (G) and all was going smoothly. Then I went to manually copy some new files to the USB Drive and suddenly got the error : G:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. This happened once before several weeks ago and...
  9. Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Support
    Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.: I was doing some backups from my PC to an external USB Drive (G) and all was going smoothly. Then I went to manually copy some new files to the USB Drive and suddenly got the error : G:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. This happened once before several weeks ago and...
  10. disk management access denied while trying to install new internal hard drive

disk management access denied while trying to install new internal hard drive: i recently upgraded my pc with a new cpu,motherboard,16 gb of ram and an ssd (250 gb).So my old HDD internal hard drive died and i had to buy and a new one and i did just so today i installed the hard drive into my machine no problem, but when i turned it on and went to disk...