Windows 10: Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File.

Discus and support Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me for Administrator approval? I sign into Windows as the Administrator and it recognizes me as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DeniseJM, Nov 29, 2018.

1. DeniseJM Win User

Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File.

How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me for Administrator approval? I sign into Windows as the Administrator and it recognizes me as the Administrator but whenever I want to rename, copy or move a file, it asks me for Administrator approval. I'm the sole user of this computer and there are no other users listed.

I tried Command Prompt > Run as Administrator and typed: net user administrator /active:yes but that didn't solve the problem.

What else can I try?

Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File. 5e20719c-f1d9-4c6e-a313-6403a55cc1dc?upload=true.jpg Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File. 6c762192-7c51-4ebc-940b-c4741a84c37e?upload=true.jpg

***Changed Original Title From: Windows 10 recognizes me as the Administrator. How can I get it to stop asking me for Administrator approval?***

***Moved From: Windows 10/Security & privacy***

:)

DeniseJM, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Reymichael Ros, Nov 29, 2018
  3. I can't rename files on the deskttop (File Access Denied)

I am the administrator, but whenever i try to rename a file on the desktop it says "File Access Denied" and that i need to provide administrator permission to rename the file. How to fix it?

kosamchetoo, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File.

Access denied error

Copied the files to a different folder & was able to rename the files. Would like to find a solution for the Access denied error for my pictures folders. It is happening only when trying to access it via CMD prompt. I can access the folder without issues.

Vijay.

vijayrchandran, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File.

1. Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File. - Similar Threads - Getting Access Denied

2. Access denied when trying to chang priority.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied when trying to chang priority.: When I try to change priority of my game Fifa 23 I get the text "Access denied" And i don't know why I've tried multiple tutorials on youtube and google but neither one has worked. Anyone know why i dont have acces? The game, and my account is both administartors....
  3. Access denied when trying to chang priority.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied when trying to chang priority.: When I try to change priority of my game Fifa 23 I get the text "Access denied" And i don't know why I've tried multiple tutorials on youtube and google but neither one has worked. Anyone know why i dont have acces? The game, and my account is both administartors....
  4. Denied access when trying to share folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Denied access when trying to share folder: I am trying to share a folder to another user on the network. I am the admin and I'm logged in, I've gone through all the security settings for the file but when I run the Quickbooks Server it tells me that the file is not shared and that I do not have the appropriate...
  5. Access is Denied when trying to delete, rename, or move folder that shows as "File Folder...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access is Denied when trying to delete, rename, or move folder that shows as "File Folder...: Hello all, I'm having quite the issue over the last few days. I'm trying to test migration of on-premise storage replication to OneDrive, and while trying to move documents from the network share to my local Documents folder, a folder is giving me problems. Digging deeper,...
  6. Access is denied when trying to zip a folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access is denied when trying to zip a folder: Today I noticed that my access is denied when I try and ZIP a folder. I have tried to zip numerous folders in my documents and pictures. I can edit and save files in this location, just not zip them. I have tried checking the properties in the temp folder and I should have...
  7. Take ownership of file getting Access is denied error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Take ownership of file getting Access is denied error: Hi Experts I am getting a Access is denied when running the below command on two of the files. I am running CMD as administrator. C:\WINDOWS\system32>Takeown /r /f C:\Windows\CSC SUCCESS: The file (or folder): "C:\Windows\CSC" now owned by user "XANDER\xande". SUCCESS:...
  8. "Access Denied" in Notepad when trying to overwrite an .ini file.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Access Denied" in Notepad when trying to overwrite an .ini file.: hello new to PCs in general. Wanted to change some setting in order to get a game running (at the end of video)- Prince Of Persia 2008 : How To Set Resolution And Fix The Loading Problem - YouTube but when going into /C drive where the game is placed and do the change to...
  9. I can't rename files on the deskttop (File Access Denied)

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't rename files on the deskttop (File Access Denied): I am the administrator, but whenever i try to rename a file on the desktop it says "File Access Denied" and that i need to provide administrator permission to rename the file. How to fix it? 73371
  10. Access denied when trying to end task

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Access denied when trying to end task: Hello! Sometimes a process will hang for apparently no reason. The usual practice is to open Task Manager and terminate the process (select it and click End task). But there are a couple of applications that hang for good and cannot terminate them. I get an Access Denied...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file access denied when i try to rename ppt

2. win10 trying to rename a file and getting error needing permission