Windows 10: Getting access permission

Discus and support Getting access permission in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Everytime I run a malware scanner, it returns the same PUPs, so I though I would manually check, but I am denied access to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JosephPHILIPPA, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Getting access permission

Everytime I run a malware scanner, it returns the same PUPs, so I though I would manually check, but I am denied access to \ProgramData\ApplicationData\ and told to fix that in Security. That in turn lists four entities that might get permission. When for simplicity, I chose "Everyone' there was an error. The description of the other three leaves me puzzled. Could I get a clear step by step procedure to gain access ? There is only one account with administrator privileges and there are no other users.

:)

JosephPHILIPPA, Feb 4, 2020

2. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Cannot access path, no permission

Hello cgherman, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the instructions down below and visit the link I have provided for you to follow more solutions in case method 1 doesn't help.

The causes of your problem may be:

-You do not have permissions to the file or the file location.

-The file is on a location that is not currently accessible like a network location or an external drive that is not currently connected to the PC.

-The file has been moved or deleted.

-The file or shortcut is corrupt.

-The file may be blocked by Windows.

-Your antivirus software may be blocking the file.

Method 1: Check the permission of the file or folder

-Right-click the file or folder, and then select Properties.

-Select the Security tab.

-Under Group or User names, click your name to see the permissions you have. (The screenshot for this step is listed below).

-Select Edit, and then select to check the check boxes for the permissions that you need, and then select OK. (The screenshot for this step is listed below).

Refer to:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/266924...

Hope this helps!

Thank you and good luck,

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Getting access permission

You do not have permission to access \\PC123

Hello YvesB,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Step 1: As you have mentioned, that you are unable to access few particular folders, I would suggest you to go ahead and give permissions to that particular folder which is giving you access denied error. Maybe you are getting
    access denied error due to permission settings. Once when the file or a folder has a permission, you will be able to access it within the Network.

Step 2: I would suggest you to follow the article which talks about -
    Access Denied or other errors when you access or work
    with files and folders in Windows.

Access Denied or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows.

Hope it helps.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Getting access permission

1. Getting access permission - Similar Threads - Getting access permission

2. OneDrive access permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive access permissions: OneDrive Personal returns a notification that 5 files have not been uploaded because they do not have"access permission" and requests for me to correct the situation.Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this and I hope to learn from you the "how to..."Please and thank you...
  3. OneDrive access permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive access permissions: OneDrive Personal returns a notification that 5 files have not been uploaded because they do not have"access permission" and requests for me to correct the situation.Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this and I hope to learn from you the "how to..."Please and thank you...
  4. Folder permission Access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder permission Access: Hello, I was wondering if someone else is experience what I am getting. I have Windows 10. Also I am using Avira as my antivirus (Defender is disabled because of Avira - automatic thing). So the issue is that randomly a folder is being locked for me. I am with...
  5. Drive access permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive access permissions: I get the message that I do not have permission to access D/System drive. The message says to go to the permissions security tab but I am unable to locate it. Help required please....
  6. Accessibility permissions issues

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accessibility permissions issues: I am getting this message in family safety and I cannot get rid of it "Turn on the Accessibility permission on your child's Android device HTC One M9 for family features to work. " But accessibility permission is already enabled. I have tried disabling and re-enabling it,...
  7. cannot get permission to access device,path or file

cannot get permission to access device,path or file: windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have appropriate permission to access item. I have checked in PROPERTIES but all the permissions are greyed out. Your help would be appreciated. thank you...
  8. Permission to access the drive.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permission to access the drive.: Dear Community, I wanted to change the permission status of the drive for a user account, instead, I changed for the administrative account. Just need to reactive the account. Please help me to activate it, as I go for the settings I see a message as below. I don't...
  9. Permission Access Issue

Permission Access Issue: Hello, I am trying to open the "WindowApps" folder, but am given a message that I don't have permission. I followed the prompts, but was given the error message in the screenshot I attached. How can I fix this issue? Thank you in advance! Operating System...
  10. Permissions to access folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Permissions to access folders: Hi, I have a 40Gb USB drive which I protect with Bitlocker. When I unlock the drive there are some folders (backups of every photo taken by my camera) which I am denied access to. I have logged on as Administrator (I am the Administrator) and followed all the instructions to...