Windows 10: Getting Administrative Privaleges for my PC Account

Discus and support Getting Administrative Privaleges for my PC Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; There are a lot of things I am unable to do right now because my computer is blocking me from doing so. For example, I want to be able to make a System... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by pebble225, Sep 11, 2015.

1. pebble225 Win User

Getting Administrative Privaleges for my PC Account

There are a lot of things I am unable to do right now because my computer is blocking me from doing so. For example, I want to be able to make a System Restore Point and Open up the Administrator Command Prompt. I am in a CyberSecurity class right now and I want to have more control. I do understand that it is unsafe to use an Admin Account on a daily basis, but look at this window that I get:

Getting Administrative Privaleges for my PC Account [​IMG]

Does this mean that a password was made to lock me out of windows features? Could I have been hacked? There isn't even a place that I could type a password, even if I click the show details button.

:)

pebble225, Sep 11, 2015

2. administrator account problem

my administrator account is not opening and I am using my pc as a standard user unable to change anything and the administrator account I was created is not accepting my password what to do how to get back administrator control on my pc ? plz help....
    I have windows 10 operating system on my i3 intel

jankithakur, Sep 11, 2015
  3. Signing into A PC with a Microsoft Account question

Hi,

I sign into my PC with a Microsoft Account. What happens if something goes wrong and you cant get into the Microsoft Account for some reason meaning that you cant sign into the PC (if account gets hacked or something similar)? Is it also recommended to set
    up a Local Account in my name on the PC as well just in case of an emergency like this?

Obviously my Microsoft Account has Administrator priveleges. Would I need to set up the Local Account as a Standard or Administrator Account? I wouldn't be using the Local Account at all..it would just be there in case of an emergency so would it be OK to leave
    both my Microsoft Account and the new Local account set to Adminstrator accounts or is only one account at a time allowed to have Administrator priveleges?

Sportsfan_881, Sep 11, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

In a command prompt type net localgroup administrators. What users are listed as administrators on the computer?

NavyLCDR, Sep 12, 2015
  5. pebble225 Win User
    . What users are listed as administrators on the computer?[/quote] I reset my hard drive and it fixed the problem, sorry. I am glad I am back to windows 8.1, windows 10 just isn't working for me.

pebble225, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Getting Administrative Privaleges for my PC Account - Similar Threads - Getting Administrative Privaleges

2. No Administrator Account on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Administrator Account on PC: A friend of mine has a computer with four accounts, of which only one is an administrator. He forgot the admin password, and logs on using one of the regular accounts. He wants to install an app which opens the user account control because it needs admin rights to install,...
  3. No Administrator Account on PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No Administrator Account on PC: A friend of mine has a computer with four accounts, of which only one is an administrator. He forgot the admin password, and logs on using one of the regular accounts. He wants to install an app which opens the user account control because it needs admin rights to install,...
  4. No Administrator Account on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Getting An Administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting An Administrator account: How do I get an Admin Account on a standard account. My dad took Admin away, so is there a way to get admin back without going on his account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-an-administrator-account/4d0a881b-d899-4f63-8a16-f738d38645f5
  6. Getting An Administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting An Administrator account: How do I get an Admin Account on a standard account. My dad took Admin away, so is there a way to get admin back without going on his account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-an-administrator-account/4d0a881b-d899-4f63-8a16-f738d38645f5
  7. cannot get into my administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cannot get into my administrator account: Hello , my husband and i had changed our administrator account password and then misplaced the paper that it was wrote on. I am wanting to install a new application on the computer and am unable to do so because i dont have the admin password. we bought this computer from a...
  8. No administrator accounts on this PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No administrator accounts on this PC: Hello. I have a problem. I did PC recovery, restart is okay but I shut it down improperly. I encountered this problem after I turn the PC on. Automatic repair is not working. I couldn't access my computer except bios. I did not have windows 10 repair disk. Can someone help me...
  9. no administrator account in pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    no administrator account in pc: Hi I badly need help. I have two accounts on my pc, one is a user and the other is the administrator acc. I accidentally changed the admin acc to a user acc. What would I do to make it administrator again if pc doesn't allow me to do things that includes administrator...
  10. No administrator account in a PC, how to get one?

in Windows 10 Customization
    No administrator account in a PC, how to get one?: By mistake, my account type on the PC was changed to non administrator account. Now both accounts in the PC are non administrator accounts. Is there anyway to change it back?...