Windows 10: Getting alt tabbed out when my game is in lower resolution than the one in graphique...

Discus and support Getting alt tabbed out when my game is in lower resolution than the one in graphique... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my native resolution is 1920x1080 an in most of my games i prefer to play 1280x1024. about 2 days ago whenever i launch my games in 1280x1024... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KazeKae, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Getting alt tabbed out when my game is in lower resolution than the one in graphique...

So my native resolution is 1920x1080 an in most of my games i prefer to play 1280x1024. about 2 days ago whenever i launch my games in 1280x1024 instead of 1920x1080 i keep getting tabbed out if i tab out first. the only solution i found is changing my entire resolution to the one i want to play in and that looks bad

edit : im on windows 10 i7-4700MQ - intel HD Graphique 4600 - NVIDIA Quadro K610M 16gb of ram

submitted by /u/KazeKae
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KazeKae, Jun 3, 2020
  2. andyk516 Win User

Alt+Tab screen resolution issues while gaming after latest update.

I play games on an Asus laptop with only an NVIDIA 960M graphics card. I play some games at lower resolutions to keep up frames while gaming. Prior to the update I could alt+tab out of the game and the desktop screen would return to 1920x1080 and tabbing back in would keep lower resolution I have set for the game. Now, when alt tabbing out of of lower resolution screen, Windows desktop reverts to the lower resolution I have set for the game (in-game resolution is 1280x720, as exclusive fullscreen). And when tabbing back into the game there are some video settings being used that are used for 'borderless window' instead of my setting of exclusive fullscreen.

andyk516, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.

Hi Simon,

The multitasking capability of a game depends on the total memory of your computer. If you have large amounts of RAM on your computer, it can multitask heavy programs easily like high-end games. To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution
    for your concerns with the alt-tab function, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Have you pressed the alt-tab key during you play Rainbow Six Siege? Or it just happen without pressing it?
    • Does the automatic ALT-TAB behavior happens on other games?
    • Do you have any other programs running on your computer while playing?
    • What is the anti-virus program you're using?
    • What is your device or system specifications? To know, follow these steps:
      1. Press Windows + S and type
        About your PC
      2. Send us the information listed under Device specifications.

Moving forward, if you're multitasking while playing, we recommend that you play this game only without doing other tasks. Pressing ALT-TAB or performing a multitasking interferes with the performance of your video card, especially if you're running a heavy
    game like Rainbow Six Siege. It will generate screen viewing issues like intermittently switching your game screen between your desktop environment.

For now, restart your game and do not press ALT+TAB while playing. This will allow your video card to dedicate its graphics performance on the game only instead of your desktop environment.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Johann Eva, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Getting alt tabbed out when my game is in lower resolution than the one in graphique...

Game Errors because can't press ALT+TAB

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will surely assist you to rectify the issue.

The “Alt+Tab” key is used to toggle between different programs as well as multiple Windows of same program. I suggest you to use “Alt+Enter”
    put the game into full screen.

As a work around, I suggest you to adjust the screen resolution for the game in compatible with the monitor resolution and restart the game and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Getting alt tabbed out when my game is in lower resolution than the one in graphique...

1. Getting alt tabbed out when my game is in lower resolution than the one in graphique... - Similar Threads - Getting alt tabbed

2. Windows 11 Alt Tab out of a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Alt Tab out of a game: Just upgraded to windows 11. I am having an issue when I alt tab out of a game it will minimize the game and I can still hear the game running however it will not allow me to tab back in or click the icon. I have tried disabling GPU scheduling and changing the alt tab...
  3. Windows 11 Alt Tab out of a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Alt Tab out of a game: Just upgraded to windows 11. I am having an issue when I alt tab out of a game it will minimize the game and I can still hear the game running however it will not allow me to tab back in or click the icon. I have tried disabling GPU scheduling and changing the alt tab...
  4. i am getting alt tabbed out of games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am getting alt tabbed out of games: I formatted my laptop which is an Alienware 17 r5 on October 2019 and I put windows 10 build 2004. I put nvidia driver version 456.71, I installed steam, I installed Bitdefender internet security and focus assist in windows was enabled. Everything was ok and I never got alt...
  5. Recommended Resolution lower than the highest resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recommended Resolution lower than the highest resolution: I am using windows 10 pro with AMD rx 570updated driver and in the settings it is showing that the recommended resolutions to be 1024x768 instead of 1920x1080. I of course will prefer to use the latter resolution so should I continue using at the highest resolution and ignore...
  6. Active SIgnal Resolution lower than Desktop Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active SIgnal Resolution lower than Desktop Resolution: I recently got a new monitor Samsung sj55w. its a 3440 x 1440p 75hz monitor. I applied an 85hz overclock to it. I noticed it was looking really grainy while programming. I went to my display settings -> advanced settings and noticed that the active signal resolution is...
  7. Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of games: Hello all, I've just moved over from Windows 7 and am trying to find a way to turn 10's alt-tab functionality back to the way it was in 7. For example, let's say i'm playing WoW. On Windows 7 I would generally alt-tab and my task bar would appear on my main monitor for me...
  8. Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of a game

Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of a game: Hello all, I've just moved over from Windows 7 and am trying to find a way to turn 10's alt-tab functionality back to the way it was in 7. For example, let's say i'm playing WoW. On Windows 7 I would generally alt-tab and my task bar would appear on my main monitor for me...
  9. Blue Screen BSOD when alt tabbing out of games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen BSOD when alt tabbing out of games: So, around last week my laptop starting to bluescreen if i alt tab out of fullscreen games, i've tried to play in windowed mode and it help so far On bluescreen, theres, Stop code: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE and What failed: nvlddmkm.sys My laptop is Acer Nitro 5, with OS :...
  10. Whenever i alt-tab out of a game, it changes the resolution of windows to the resolution of...

Whenever i alt-tab out of a game, it changes the resolution of windows to the resolution of...: I play CS:GO on 1440x1080 so when i alt-tab, windows becomes 1440x1080. Unless I close the game, it stays like that. this happens with other games as well. Any fix for this? submitted by /u/Hassman620 [link] [comments]...