Windows 10: Getting an audiobook via Audible screwed up my login screen, and more

Discus and support Getting an audiobook via Audible screwed up my login screen, and more in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm using a laptop running Windows 10. Last night I got an audiobook via Audible. To do so, I needed to sign up via Apple or Android or some other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by supplementfacts, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Getting an audiobook via Audible screwed up my login screen, and more

I'm using a laptop running Windows 10. Last night I got an audiobook via Audible. To do so, I needed to sign up via Apple or Android or some other option. I chose the Windows option, because I'm using a laptop, not a smartphone. It needed me to login to my Windows account (whatever that is). I put in my Gmail address and said I don't remember my password. It sent me an email so that I could set up my new password. Finally, it installed a special Audible 'app' (as opposed to a traditional application), and began downloading the file.

Now here's the problem. My login screen now features my full name and my email address, and it only accepts the new password from last night. This makes me screaming crying furious. I want it back to the way it was.

An additional problem is that one of my AutoHotKey shortcuts has been disabled. Because Windows 10 has a completely useless file search function, I use the third-party freeware called Everything. Normally, all I have to do to call up it is press Win+F. But now pressing that does nothing. If I use the Start menu to run Everything, then pressing Win+F works again. But I have to start the program first, otherwise the shortcut doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

supplementfacts, Aug 21, 2016
  2. Entegy Win User

Audiobooks on WP7 zune?

Microsoft officially lists Audible and Overdrive as their audiobooks partners. And I hear Audible is indeed working on a WP7 solution for their audiobooks.

Entegy, Aug 21, 2016
  3. Audiobooks on WP7 zune?

There are now 3rd party apps in the marketplace that can be used to play audiobooks on a windows phone that also allow you to bookmark your place in the book. You can find them by searching on "Audiobook" in the marketplace. I've only purchased audiobooks
    from Audible and I check audiobooks out of the library via the Overdrive app, so those are the only apps I've used on my phone.

Julie fka profjulie, Aug 21, 2016
Thema:

Getting an audiobook via Audible screwed up my login screen, and more

1. Getting an audiobook via Audible screwed up my login screen, and more - Similar Threads - Getting audiobook via

2. Screwed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  3. Screwed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  4. Screwed up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Screwed Up!

in Windows 10 Support
    Screwed Up!: Not sure if this is right section but a few hours ago the whole of Win 10 went config up! I had my images (in the number of thousands) suddenly change real life icons into some damn flower. I seem to recall I had this problem ages ago and you all fixed it but I could not...
  6. User login screwed up - wrong email address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User login screwed up - wrong email address: Hi.I'm going round in circles, hopefully someone can help.My daughter logged onto her grandmother's Win10 laptop via grandmother's user ID. She opened PowerPoint, but signed in using her own outlook address. Now, grandmother's user ID displays my daughter's email address and...
  7. I Screwed Up and Can No Longer Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Screwed Up and Can No Longer Login: So I have been handling customer support from Ubisoft for some time now and to get Siege back to working order again they suggested rebooting my computer in safe mode with the internet option selected. After the reboot my password no longer works to relog into Windows. I...
  8. Reset and screen screwed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset and screen screwed up: I did a reset and this is what I have on my screen at start up and can't go any further. What do i need to do? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-and-screen-screwed-up/0aa3e291-0bcb-4177-a05d-1c66c768ec88
  9. Sound getting screwed up after Updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound getting screwed up after Updating: Hi everyone... I'm having a very annoying problem recently. I noticed that after an automatic update from windows my sound is getting messed up, as you can listen here and here. These are the sounds when I try to change the volume of my pc and do the testing option of the...
  10. Yet more evidence the Microsoft screwed up royally

in Windows 10 Customization
    Yet more evidence the Microsoft screwed up royally: Just so people know. Microsoft released some new system update. The last time I shut down my laptop it wanted to install this update. Well, when the system rebooted the whole dammed system was screwed up. All my custom settings, like the applications that I had pinned...