Windows 10: Getting an audiobook via Audible screwed up my login screen, and more

Discus and support Getting an audiobook via Audible screwed up my login screen, and more in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm using a laptop running Windows 10. Last night I got an audiobook via Audible. To do so, I needed to sign up via Apple or Android or some other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by supplementfacts, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Getting an audiobook via Audible screwed up my login screen, and more

I'm using a laptop running Windows 10. Last night I got an audiobook via Audible. To do so, I needed to sign up via Apple or Android or some other option. I chose the Windows option, because I'm using a laptop, not a smartphone. It needed me to login to my Windows account (whatever that is). I put in my Gmail address and said I don't remember my password. It sent me an email so that I could set up my new password. Finally, it installed a special Audible 'app' (as opposed to a traditional application), and began downloading the file.

Now here's the problem. My login screen now features my full name and my email address, and it only accepts the new password from last night. This makes me screaming crying furious. I want it back to the way it was.

An additional problem is that one of my AutoHotKey shortcuts has been disabled. Because Windows 10 has a completely useless file search function, I use the third-party freeware called Everything. Normally, all I have to do to call up it is press Win+F. But now pressing that does nothing. If I use the Start menu to run Everything, then pressing Win+F works again. But I have to start the program first, otherwise the shortcut doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

supplementfacts, Aug 21, 2016
  2. Entegy Win User

Audiobooks on WP7 zune?

Microsoft officially lists Audible and Overdrive as their audiobooks partners. And I hear Audible is indeed working on a WP7 solution for their audiobooks.

Entegy, Aug 21, 2016
  3. Audiobooks on WP7 zune?

There are now 3rd party apps in the marketplace that can be used to play audiobooks on a windows phone that also allow you to bookmark your place in the book. You can find them by searching on "Audiobook" in the marketplace. I've only purchased audiobooks
    from Audible and I check audiobooks out of the library via the Overdrive app, so those are the only apps I've used on my phone.

Julie fka profjulie, Aug 21, 2016
Thema:

Getting an audiobook via Audible screwed up my login screen, and more

1. Getting an audiobook via Audible screwed up my login screen, and more - Similar Threads - Getting audiobook via

2. Yet more evidence the Microsoft screwed up royally

in Windows 10 Customization
    Yet more evidence the Microsoft screwed up royally: Just so people know. Microsoft released some new system update. The last time I shut down my laptop it wanted to install this update. Well, when the system rebooted the whole dammed system was screwed up. All my custom settings, like the applications that I had pinned...
  3. Update screwed up my wifi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update screwed up my wifi: WHY DID YOU DELETE MY WIFI? THE WHOLE DRIVE IS DELETED. NOT DEACTIVATED. DELETED. I'VE GONE THROUGH A DOZEN TROUBLESHOOTERS. IT SAYS I NEED TO REDOWNLOAD THE DRIVER. HOW DO I DO THAT <removed>? I HAVE NO WIFI! I DON'T OWN A BLEEDING ETHERNET CABLE THAT'S WHY I HAVE WIFI. I...
  4. getting to login screen

getting to login screen: I cannot open screen to log in password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-to-login-screen/546f6afa-fea2-4665-9f25-5a6c1ab99974
  5. Screwed up Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screwed up Password: I just loaded Windows 10 to a new SSD drive. When I made up the Windows password, I must have typed it wrong. After installation, I first load Chrome then select use a local account instead. However, when I typed in the password it told me it was wrong. Do I have to do the...
  6. Screwed up Password

Screwed up Password: I just loaded Windows 10 to a new SSD drive. When I made up the Windows password, I must have typed it wrong. After installation, I first load Chrome then select use a local account instead. However, when I typed in the password it told me it was wrong. Do I have to do the...
  7. Is my graphic card screwed up?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is my graphic card screwed up?: hello My PC boots into black screen after windows update asked for restart after trying thing that Iknow like updating drivers, clearing the CMOS starting in safe mode... while in the box i noticed the fans on the graphic card start when i power up the systen and stop...
  8. Mouse screwing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse screwing up: Often when playing games, either in browser or not, the mouse pointer speed will change by itself. I can go into the mouse setup menu and change it back, but sometimes it then changes again. This happened in Win7 also. The touchpad also sometimes just stops working. This...
  9. Pc screwed up

in Windows 10 Support
    Pc screwed up: yesterday I was watching the new dbs and then pc went black and made some buzzing noise I can turn it on but I can't get to the desktop with users Yesterday I was talking with Microsoft for a hour and minutes trying to fix it they said the pc could be old and graphics issue....
  10. W10 screwed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 screwed up my laptop: I upgraded to w10 pro from w7 pro. I thought all was well, but yesterday the screen went sideways - tried to drag it and went to settings , no help. I restored a saved image (Macrium) and I got the screen back, but it did it again. I installed an external hdd ( has...