Windows 10: Getting an error message when trying to change app install location.

Discus and support Getting an error message when trying to change app install location. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ultimately I am attempting to install a game. There is not enough room on my c: drive to do this so I go to change the app install location and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardKyme, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Getting an error message when trying to change app install location.

Ultimately I am attempting to install a game. There is not enough room on my c: drive to do this so I go to change the app install location and it tells me there are app's from another device installed on D: drive would you like to remove them to install. I click yes I get the permissions error 0x80070005. I have searched high and low and tried all different cmd prompts to no avail.

• my account is and administrator.
    • I have removed all apps from D :drive
    • I have created an alternate administrator account no change.
    • I have updated to the newest version
    • I troubleshot the update it came back saying it had fixed the issue no change.

Please help this is driving me nuts.

:)

RichardKyme, Oct 28, 2020

2. Can’t change the location.

Hi George,

I am sorry to hear that you had to encounter an internet connection issue in Windows 10 before. You can always come to us for any issues on Windows 10, we will be glad to help you.

Let us see what to do to resolve this issue on location settings. TO assist you better, please answer the questions below.

• Where did you see your location as Vermont USA? How did you tried to change the location?

• Are you getting any error messages while changing the location?

• What is the build version of the Windows? Follow the below steps to check the build version.

• Open up the run command with the
      Win key + R key combo.

• Type winver into the run command text box and hit
      OK.

• You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

I suggest you to ON the location service and check if the location is changed to your current location. If the location service is ON, the Windows will automatically find your location once the system in connected to internet and update
    the location on the Apps, which has the permission to access to the location. Refer to the below link to ON the location service and more.

Windows 10 location service and privacy

You may also change your Country or region manually by the following steps;

• In the search box on task bar, enter Change region, then select
      Change your country or region.

• Under Country or region, select your new region.

Hope you can change your location.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Oct 28, 2020
  3. JtS6 Win User
    Can't change install location for Microsoft Apps

I have been trying to change the install location of my apps from my main ssd to a larger secondary drive but because of TrustedInstaller i don't have the permission to make this change. I have tried dozens of tutorials and suggestions online to rectify
    this but it still won't let me change my install location. Is my windows just broken? How do i fix this? and why is it so hard to change an install location!

I have error error 0x80070005 occur everytime.

4. Getting an error message when trying to change app install location.

trying to get daughter enabled for apps and microsoft accounts

Hi Colin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please provide us the answers to the following questions to help you troubleshoot the issue better.

1. What exactly happens when you try to install/update apps?

2. Are you getting any error message?

This issue could occur if the location is set to a different region/ country.

I would suggest you to change the Country or Region settings to
    Australia
    and check if it helps.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Settings and select
      Time & Language.

• Click on Region & Language and set
      country or region to Australia.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Getting an error message when trying to change app install location.

1. Getting an error message when trying to change app install location. - Similar Threads - Getting error message

2. Error messages when trying to change admin permissions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error messages when trying to change admin permissions.: Windows 11, desktop PC. Just purchased PC. Tried using an external plug-in dvd drive. I inserted the software disk into the drive and the setup.exe file would not auto-run. Received the following error message:"An administrator has blocked you from running this application....
  3. Error messages when trying to change admin permissions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error messages when trying to change admin permissions.: Windows 11, desktop PC. Just purchased PC. Tried using an external plug-in dvd drive. I inserted the software disk into the drive and the setup.exe file would not auto-run. Received the following error message:"An administrator has blocked you from running this application....
  4. getting error message when trying to install in virtual box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting error message when trying to install in virtual box: getting error message when trying to install in virtual box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-error-message-when-trying-to-install-in/7f420a85-829e-4eac-8188-708a29960297
  5. getting error message when trying to install in virtual box

getting error message when trying to install in virtual box: getting error message when trying to install in virtual box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-error-message-when-trying-to-install-in/7f420a85-829e-4eac-8188-708a29960297
  6. getting error message when trying to install in virtual box

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. When Installing apps this error message is coming

When Installing apps this error message is coming: Error Name- Error 2753What it is showing-My computer/Specifications-Device name DESKTOP-J6LP7RQ Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable Device ID 8F3803BD-7C7A-4F19-B169-208AE13F5227 Product ID 00325-96770-51172-AAOEM...
  8. Error message trying to change user file location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error message trying to change user file location: Windows is loaded on my C: drive, and my files are stored on a different drive D: because there isn't enough room on C:. I am trying to move my documents, download, music, pictures, etc. folders to the same folders that I have set up on the D: drive. I am right clicking on...
  9. error message when installing an app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error message when installing an app: I recently attempted to install a program Motorola Radio Programmer on my Surface Windows 10. The installation was almost complete when my battery died. I plugged the Surface in and restarted the installation. Then I get an error message that the program is installed already...
  10. error message when installing an app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error message when installing an app: I recently attempted to install a program Motorola Radio Programmer on my Surface Windows 10. The installation was almost complete when my battery died. I plugged the Surface in and restarted the installation. Then I get an error message that the program is installed already...