Windows 10: Getting an error that there are two identical IP addresses.

Discus and support Getting an error that there are two identical IP addresses. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I added another computer to my network. Getting an error that there are two identical IP addresses.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tinkerbelle123, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Getting an error that there are two identical IP addresses.

I added another computer to my network. Getting an error that there are two identical IP addresses.

:)

Tinkerbelle123, Aug 21, 2019

2. Finding IP address

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to find printer’s IP address:

1. Type Devices and Printers in the Windows search bar.
    2. Select on the printer and click on
      Manage.
    3. Click on the Ports tab.
      You will be able to find printer’s IP address under the ‘Ports’ tab.

Few printers also have a “Test print” option on the printer. When you print a test page from network printer, the page shows the IP address along with other details.

Note: If it is set on DHCP mode the IP address will constantly change.
    The IP address is assigned automatically by your router using a protocol called DHCP.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 21, 2019
  3. LemP Win User
    IP ADDRESS

This problem usually sorts itself out automatically, but see the following for some suggestions:

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/ip-address-already-in-use/

If you keep getting these notifications, chances are that some device on your network is configured to use a static IP address that is within the range of addresses allocated by your router's DHCP server.

If you need some help in sorting out a situation like this, please provide the following information:

• the make and specific model of your router
    • the make and specific model of every device connected to your network, including printers, TV set top boxes, Internet of Things (IoT) devices, etc.
    If you have many devices connected to your network, download and run Advanced IP scanner (Advanced IP Scanner - Download Free Network Scanner.). This will list all of your currently-connected
    network devices and show their IP addresses.

4. Getting an error that there are two identical IP addresses.

Error -Windows IP address conflict

I happen to get this error at midnight!! Conflict!! Windows IP "There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network." Please suggest a resolution.

TasneemMukadam, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Getting an error that there are two identical IP addresses.

1. Getting an error that there are two identical IP addresses. - Similar Threads - Getting error are

2. No IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No IP address: I no longer have an IP address on my computer. I have tried all the fixes I can find online and nothing is working. I have normally been using WiFi but I did connect to Ethernet and nothing is working....
  3. Two different IP addresses....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two different IP addresses....: Is it possible to have two different IP addresses?I logged into my Security account, I checked Verify Activity and I see now a different IP address.Is it possible someone hack my account?Thanks,...
  4. Two different IP addresses....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two different IP addresses....: Is it possible to have two different IP addresses?I logged into my Security account, I checked Verify Activity and I see now a different IP address.Is it possible someone hack my account?Thanks,...
  5. Two different IP addresses....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. IP Address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IP Address: Is there a static IP address for login.microsoftonline.com. Our tools are using Azure Active Directory to authenticate users and our customers have firewall to filter unwanted traffic. I don't see a static IP address for login.microsoftonline.com to allow it through the...
  7. ip address

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ip address: how do I find the ip address on my printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address/21cb2d30-43e4-430e-ac0a-63de4707dfb8
  8. IP Address.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Address.: How do I find the IP address of mu computer (running W10)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address/00092bb2-a514-4914-9938-3ca553c4e29a
  9. IP Address

in Windows 10 Customization
    IP Address: How do I find the IP address of my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address/2bb05fc1-6350-45a4-bd4d-fdd5a278655e
  10. IP Address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Address: How can I find my IP Address on facebook as I thank someone has tried to hack my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/ip-address/4bba95ea-7fb3-4096-ae5e-95e62cbee6c2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how could two identical ip addresses result from dhcp