Windows 10: Getting an error when trying a Group Policy Update

Discus and support Getting an error when trying a Group Policy Update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I'm getting the following error when I'm trying a Group Policy update gpupdate /force in a newly domain joined Windows 10 computer.-- This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PM006, Apr 21, 2022.

1. PM006 Win User

Getting an error when trying a Group Policy Update

Hi everyone,I'm getting the following error when I'm trying a Group Policy update gpupdate /force in a newly domain joined Windows 10 computer.-- This doesn't happen with all the Windows 10 PCs of the domain. Only like 2-3 computers so far.-- The Windows build in the affected PC is 21H2.Can Ping and reach the domain controller. The SYSVOL folder can be reached when browsed via Explorer.I have tried-- ipconfig /flushdns , reboot, trying the gpupdate-- Removing the computer account from the AD, rejoining the PC to the domain and running a gpupdateCan anyone please help me with this ?Thank in

:)

PM006, Apr 21, 2022

2. Couldn't connect to windows group policy service????

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing as with error: Couldn't connect to windows group policy service, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know when exactly you received this error code?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted user profile, User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working, or Antivirus software conflicts.

I suggest you to check with the following and check if it helps.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service is disabled
    the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start
    the service and set it to Automatic:

services.msc
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 21, 2022
  3. Windows 10 error: "Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client service. Please consult your system administrator"

Hi Rico,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the operating system.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which edition of Windows Operating System are you using?
    • What all the troubleshooting steps have you performed?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on your Operating System?
    • Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your system?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to Stop the Group Policy service, restart and set it to Automatic.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service
    is disabled the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

services.msc
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

services.msc
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 21, 2022
  4. Getting an error when trying a Group Policy Update

Group Policy Client error

Hi Brent,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will help you with this.

I would suggest you to check the Group policy client service is running or not.

follow the steps.

1. Press the windows key +R key from the keyboard.

2. Type Services.msc then click on ok.

3. search for Group Policy Client service.

I hope this helps.

Let us know the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Apr 21, 2022
Thema:

Getting an error when trying a Group Policy Update

1. Getting an error when trying a Group Policy Update - Similar Threads - Getting error trying

2. In group policy Administrative template not getting updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In group policy Administrative template not getting updated: I have created wallpaper polichy for my client machines, and assigned to the organization unit. And updated the group policy.But when i check in my client machine RSOP.MSC i cant able to see administrative template. And policy is not getting updated.Kindly do the needful to...
  3. In group policy Administrative template not getting updated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In group policy Administrative template not getting updated: I have created wallpaper polichy for my client machines, and assigned to the organization unit. And updated the group policy.But when i check in my client machine RSOP.MSC i cant able to see administrative template. And policy is not getting updated.Kindly do the needful to...
  4. In group policy Administrative template not getting updated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Getting an error when trying a Group Policy Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting an error when trying a Group Policy Update: Hi everyone,I'm getting the following error when I'm trying a Group Policy update gpupdate /force in a newly domain joined Windows 10 computer.-- This doesn't happen with all the Windows 10 PCs of the domain. Only like 2-3 computers so far.-- The Windows build in the affected...
  6. Getting an error when trying a Group Policy Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting an error when trying a Group Policy Update: Hi everyone,I'm getting the following error when I'm trying a Group Policy update gpupdate /force in a newly domain joined Windows 10 computer.-- This doesn't happen with all the Windows 10 PCs of the domain. Only like 2-3 computers so far.-- The Windows build in the affected...
  7. Updating Group Policy Objects

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updating Group Policy Objects: Hello, I have made an application that will run as a service under "Local System" account. I have used "Advanced Installer" to generate installer for my application. The installer produces an exe file, which when run on my PC, works perfectly fine. but when i try to install...
  8. group policy error

in Windows 10 Support
    group policy error: I Setup a new PC for a friend on Saturday 28/11/15 Brand new desktop with Windows 10 Setup using a local Admin Account 2 days later - message appears on starting up (after the login prompt) "Windows could not connect to the Group Policy Client service. This...
  9. Group Policy Editor Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy Editor Error: My Windows 10 PC just updated itself to 1703. I have a script which used to run perfectly on Shutdown, but now it does not - I just get an empty black box and nothing happens. (The script still runs fine if executed manually) When I open the Group Policy Editor to...
  10. Group Policy Edit Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy Edit Error: Have been searching the various forums and haven't found any reference for this, was hoping someone may have run across a similar problem, happens when I open group policy editor, began with build 10547 and is still happening with 10565. Any ideas what may have caused it, or...