Windows 10: Getting an error when updating and cannot fix it

Discus and support Getting an error when updating and cannot fix it in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Attached you will see the error I am getting now when attempting to update. This just happened 2 days ago to me and I've never had an issue at all ever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SeanDP, Jan 17, 2019.

1. SeanDP Win User

Getting an error when updating and cannot fix it

Attached you will see the error I am getting now when attempting to update. This just happened 2 days ago to me and I've never had an issue at all ever updating.

Can someone tell me how I might resolve this? I did look it up and attempted many fixes that were suggested but nothing worked.

Getting an error when updating and cannot fix it fc741174-7c0a-457a-a789-1149579ff588?upload=true.png

:)

SeanDP, Jan 17, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jan 17, 2019
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Yeah, I've been noting it for months on the refusenik thread. They do NOT want anything older than 10 running.

I still have an HTPC on W7, and every other month I have to fix the update agent in order to get all updates. SMH....

You provided a good step by step fix. I've bookmarked it for future reference.

rtwjunkie, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Getting an error when updating and cannot fix it - Similar Threads - Getting error updating

2. When will this get fixed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will this get fixed?: Its crazy this error is still going on?Tried everything but couldnt fix this so annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-this-get-fixed/6efe6740-cffe-4b8a-a866-fa7b442f5baa
  3. When will this get fixed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will this get fixed?: Its crazy this error is still going on?Tried everything but couldnt fix this so annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-this-get-fixed/6efe6740-cffe-4b8a-a866-fa7b442f5baa
  4. When will this get fixed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. When OneDrive gets fixed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When OneDrive gets fixed?: Yea - i am REALLY ANNOYED by this thing.I work mainly in the documents. I also dont like that some Games start installing folder in my documents.But now the biggest 'problem' i encountered was this:I installed Sims 4. It automatically created a folder in my documents. I saw...
  6. When OneDrive gets fixed?

When OneDrive gets fixed?: Yea - i am REALLY ANNOYED by this thing.I work mainly in the documents. I also dont like that some Games start installing folder in my documents.But now the biggest 'problem' i encountered was this:I installed Sims 4. It automatically created a folder in my documents. I saw...
  7. When will the e1460-b305 errors get fixed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will the e1460-b305 errors get fixed?: Since I went to windows 11 on my Dell PC in Mid-August, I have been receiving e1460-b305 errors when I try to scan using my Epson WF-2860. I tried the 3 suggestions over the internet without success. What does work is using the disk that comes with the printer or the Epson...
  8. When will the e1460-b305 errors get fixed?

When will the e1460-b305 errors get fixed?: Since I went to windows 11 on my Dell PC in Mid-August, I have been receiving e1460-b305 errors when I try to scan using my Epson WF-2860. I tried the 3 suggestions over the internet without success. What does work is using the disk that comes with the printer or the Epson...
  9. Update stuck; cannot get to Windows to fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stuck; cannot get to Windows to fix: Hello, I am setting up a new laptop running Windows 10. After getting everything installed, I had updates prompted when I went to restart. The update process gets to 38% and stays there for a while, then I get an error message and the computer reboots. On reboot, the update...
  10. The error that I cannot fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The error that I cannot fix: I've just resigned myself to this error at this point, about 30-40% of applications I download just do not work on my latest install of Windows 10, which I recently installed at the beginning of the week. The error reads as such: The application was unable to start correctly...