Windows 10: Getting an "iPod Service error on iTunes 10.0.

Discus and support Getting an "iPod Service error on iTunes 10.0. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to install old versions of iTunes so I can downgrade my iPhone 4. (iTunes 10.0) However, when I set it up, halfway through the installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Win7Doge09, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Getting an "iPod Service error on iTunes 10.0.

I am trying to install old versions of iTunes so I can downgrade my iPhone 4. (iTunes 10.0) However, when I set it up, halfway through the installation I get an error message "iPod Service failed to start. Make sure you have sufficent privliges." I have tried running it as admin, restarting my pc, deleting apple apps and reinstalling it, you name it. The only thing I have not tried is completely deleting the apple services (in services.msc) Does anybody have any solutions to this?

Note: Please do not reply with solutions that are BIG changes, such as reinstalling windows. This is my aunt's computer. I just have an account on it.

:)

Win7Doge09, Aug 17, 2019

2. iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows

HI THERE,

I HAVE RECENTLY UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10 ON MY NEW LAPTOP.

I HAVE SINCE TRIED TO SYNC MY IPOD WITH ITUNES, BUT ALWAYS GET AN ERROR "AN IPOD HAS BEEN DETECTED, BUT COULD NOT BE IDENTIFIED PROPERLY" WHEN I CONNECT MY IPOD TO MY COMPUTER.

IT ALSO DOESN'T APPEAR UNDER MY DEVICES ON THIS PC APP.

I HAVE THE LATEST ITUNES VERSION, AS WELL AS HAVING FOLLOWED ALL THE ITUNES HELP STEPS REGARDING THIS ERROR, BUT STILL CAN'T SEEM TO CONNECT.

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE?

THANX

MALCOLM

Original title: IPOD WONT SYNC IN WINDOWS 10

malcolmdaubern, Aug 17, 2019
  3. iPad/iPod not recognized in iTunes/Windows 10

I have an iPad 3 and a 4th Gen iPod, neither of which will show up in iTunes on Windows 10 Anniversary Update. I've tried two different sync cables and 3 different USB ports, and I've re-installed iTunes. Apple Mobile Device Service, Bonjour Service, iPod Service all running, but iTunes does not open automatically when I connect a device.

Both of these devices spend most of their time in very specific roles (iPad sits in a kiosk as a print-release station for a copier, the iPod connects to our PBX via the headphone jack for music on hold — long story there) and only rarely come back to my desk to sync. Both synced without issue about 4 1/2 months ago. I am able to use Windows Explorer to browse the pictures stored on both devices as if they were digital cameras (the iPad prompts me to Allow this first) and they both show up in the "Portable Devices" category in Device Manager with reasonable names.

Any ideas?

Joel Coehoorn, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Getting an "iPod Service error on iTunes 10.0.

Itunes doesn't recognize my ipod

My iTunes used to recognize my ipod, but it's not now.

I get the following error: An iPod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the iPod, then try again.

I have done this several times, but it's still not seeing it.

I have also deleted and reinstalled iTunes on my computer. And restarted both devices.

I also have plugged it into another computer with iTunes and that computer recognizes it. So it's not the iPod.

About a month ago I did install Windows 10, so I don't know if that is affecting it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

tappmaster, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Getting an "iPod Service error on iTunes 10.0.

1. Getting an "iPod Service error on iTunes 10.0. - Similar Threads - Getting iPod Service

2. Transferring to iPod no iTunes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring to iPod no iTunes: Hello can anyone recommend any software to transfer music to an iPos without using iTunes
  3. Ipod Classic and Itunes withWindows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ipod Classic and Itunes withWindows 11: We just bought a new laptop as our daughter seemed to put our old PC in almost unusable condition, thanks to her online school work.. We use my Ipod Classic 6th Gen extensively as it hooks up to usb ports in the dashboards of our vehicles. Anyway, brand new laptop with...
  4. Ipod Classic and Itunes withWindows 11

Ipod Classic and Itunes withWindows 11: We just bought a new laptop as our daughter seemed to put our old PC in almost unusable condition, thanks to her online school work.. We use my Ipod Classic 6th Gen extensively as it hooks up to usb ports in the dashboards of our vehicles. Anyway, brand new laptop with...
  5. syncing itunes ipod.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    syncing itunes ipod.: Can't connect itunes to ipod. Spoke to applecare and they said it is a windows issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-itunes-ipod/0112c222-261c-482f-a91c-69445654d057
  6. syncing itunes ipod.

syncing itunes ipod.: Can't connect itunes to ipod. Spoke to applecare and they said it is a windows issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-itunes-ipod/0112c222-261c-482f-a91c-69445654d057
  7. syncing itunes ipod.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. iPod Not Showing in iTunes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iPod Not Showing in iTunes: Long story short, my iPod Nano 5th gen has abruptly stopped working in iTunes. I got an error message, then the message saying iTunes can't identify the iPod, and now nothing at all. In addition to that, my entire iPod has been wiped but 5.7GB is still being used as "other"...
  9. iTunes/iPod syncing issues

iTunes/iPod syncing issues: I'm having the same problem that others seem to be having. My problem results when going into iTunes Attributes right-clicking on the iTunes folder in Music and un-checking the read-only attributes box, the un-checking reverts back to "checked" after the folder is closed. I...
  10. iTunes doesn’t recognize my classic iPod

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iTunes doesn’t recognize my classic iPod: Please help me to fix this issue. Do I have to install the driver to help iPod connect with iTunes on Windows 10 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-doesnt-recognize-my-classic-ipod/7fa8a3b4-720c-40b0-8ad1-2e54b1fcbd83