Windows 10: Getting Around Core parking in Windows 10

Discus and support Getting Around Core parking in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; this isnt a Problem but for some it is i found a utility that works (atleast for me w/ an AMD A10 7850k APU) ParkControl - Freeware to monitor and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CaelThunderwing, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Getting Around Core parking in Windows 10

CaelThunderwing, Nov 12, 2015

2. FYI: SMT Configuration Error Affecting AMD Ryzen Processors in Windows

Yes, just managing core affinity per program (making all its threads use a single CCX) should be enough to mitigate this problem in a simple way.

Have no idea on how this problem relates to core parking. As far as I know, cores are parked if there is not enough workload and keeping everything on fewer cores is more energy efficient. If your question is about parking cores on each CCX, and how that
    could affect scheduling forcing a process/thread to change to another CCX, than I can't answer.

I don't know for sure how Windows scheduler and core parking algorithm works, but if they fix it for Zen, I expect that they're going to park more and more cores of a CCX until it is parked, then start parking cores from the other CCX. And, as they keep track
    on how much work the cores are doing, I expect them to shift the CCX that is going to get parked from time to time, whenever possible (user AFK, for example), so all the cores are used evenly.

About slow delivery, I'm on the same boat.

Gabrielcarvfer, Nov 12, 2015
  3. Cybot Win User
    Windows 10 only use half of max cpu speed

one thing I found out recently, is that win10 disables software based core parking by default. under windows 7 it was enabled on my laptop. when core parking is enabled, the cpu is able to reach it's max rated turbo boosted speed because the other cores
    are not being used. On my system 1 core gives 2.8ghz max speed, additional active cores give a lower turboboost ratio. I suspect this isn't an issue for those with the latest and greatest CPU's as the intel specification now calls for hardware based core parking.
    I managed to re-enable core parking using bitsums' park control software. the park control software is also built into bitsum's process lasso software.

Cybot, Nov 12, 2015
  4. AveYo Win User

Getting Around Core parking in Windows 10

Working as in improved performance, or just placebo?
    (the 40% figure is exclusively for i7, pretty much the only CPU benefiting)

AveYo, Nov 12, 2015
  5. i saw more or less a performance increase with my AMD A10-7850k

CaelThunderwing, Nov 12, 2015
  6. Placebo, nothing more. Core Parking does not reduce overall performance, disabling does not increase performance. If those cores were being used to begin with they would not have parked.

When the time comes you run something to take advantage of all threads, those cores unpark magically themselves.

If you really want to determine if it did anything, benchmark.

logicearth, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Getting Around Core parking in Windows 10

1. Getting Around Core parking in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Getting Around Core

2. Windows 11 64 core parking limit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 64 core parking limit?: I've setup a new 3495x workstation. I'm seeing an odd behavior with windows 11 pro for workstations. With hyperthreading enabled the CPU reports 112 processors. However, windows 11 does not appear to park cores 65+. Cores 1-64 work as expected. This prevents the cpu from...
  3. Windows 11 64 core parking limit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 64 core parking limit?: I've setup a new 3495x workstation. I'm seeing an odd behavior with windows 11 pro for workstations. With hyperthreading enabled the CPU reports 112 processors. However, windows 11 does not appear to park cores 65+. Cores 1-64 work as expected. This prevents the cpu from...
  4. How to disable CPU core parking windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable CPU core parking windows 10?: I'm trying to disable CPU Core Parking feature on window 10 so that my multi-processing code can utilize the full capacity of my processor here is a question I asked earlier on StackOverflow for context. I tried every solution mentioned here to disable this feature and more...
  5. How to disable CPU core parking windows 10?

How to disable CPU core parking windows 10?: I'm trying to disable CPU Core Parking feature on window 10 so that my multi-processing code can utilize the full capacity of my processor here is a question I asked earlier on StackOverflow for context. I tried every solution mentioned here to disable this feature and more...
  6. How to disable CPU core parking windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Core Parking & Core Throtteling disabled when Taskmanager is closed

Core Parking & Core Throtteling disabled when Taskmanager is closed: Hey there, I got a very weird behavior of my Pc.I enabled Core Parking at some power profiles & it works well as long the Taskmanager is opened.But as soon the Taskmanager is closed all cpu's are unparked & unthrottled.And as soon the Taskmanager is open again...., they're...
  8. HELP! park cpu cores back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! park cpu cores back: Hello, I did the wrong thing, and unparked my Ryzen 5 2600 cores with its STOCK cooler. Now it overheats a lot. I've been getting really high temperatures even idling, 60°celcius, and like 95°C in games such as, Counter Strike:Global Offensive. I tried reverting the...
  9. Core Parking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Core Parking: My cores are getting parked whenever there is heavy load. Like playing a game or trying to play YouTube videos on browser. I am using a laptop with i5-5200u. Everything just starts to stutter when 1 of the 2 cores gets blocked or disabled. It's only happening in windows 10. I...
  10. Core getting parked while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core getting parked while gaming: I am running windows 10 build 19041 Observing my resource monitor all my 4 core run good When i start a game it runs great for about 10 minutes my cpu is utilised at 100% all 4 cores......then suddenly dont know why 2 cores gets parked cpu utilisation goes down to 50% and...