Windows 10: Getting back an overwritten file, windows 10.

Discus and support Getting back an overwritten file, windows 10. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I seen all the help posts on Microsoft, go here do this then that but they don't work. What I did was, the same file card.xls, on my computer and on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_jimmyfats, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Getting back an overwritten file, windows 10.

I seen all the help posts on Microsoft, go here do this then that but they don't work. What I did was, the same file card.xls, on my computer and on flash drive, to transfer back and forth when I update on 1 to the other. I worked on the file on my computer, saved, all good. Forgetting where I left off I accidentally transfered the un updated file on the flash drive to my computer, therefore putting the old file on my computer losing all my updates. How can I restore my updated version on my comp to before I overwrote it from the USB drive?????? I looked at the "properties" under "previous version" nothing there. Can I find the file in the computer restore system file? Please say yes, it was a lot of work lost.

submitted by /u/_jimmyfats
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_jimmyfats, Oct 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Dgo47 Win User

Getting back an overwritten file, windows 10.

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Getting back an overwritten file, windows 10.

1. Getting back an overwritten file, windows 10. - Similar Threads - Getting overwritten file

2. Restore AppData overwritten files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore AppData overwritten files: History of issue: I was trying to restore my deleted tab history of Mozilla Firefox browser, which I didn't synchronize with my account, and I have made a LOT of mistakes. I tried to restore previous versions of files via Shadow Copies with ShadowExplorer. My first mistake...
  3. Restore AppData overwritten files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore AppData overwritten files: History of issue: I was trying to restore my deleted tab history of Mozilla Firefox browser, which I didn't synchronize with my account, and I have made a LOT of mistakes. I tried to restore previous versions of files via Shadow Copies with ShadowExplorer. My first mistake...
  4. How to recover overwritten files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover overwritten files: Hello, I lost an important file after a system failure. Word and all Office programs were closed after putting Asus ZenBook to sleep.I had File A the important one; I saved a "recovered File B" with File A´s name.Thank you...
  5. How to recover overwritten files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover overwritten files: Hello, I lost an important file after a system failure. Word and all Office programs were closed after putting Asus ZenBook to sleep.I had File A the important one; I saved a "recovered File B" with File A´s name.Thank you...
  6. User profile can't be loaded, then gets overwritten - how to get it back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User profile can't be loaded, then gets overwritten - how to get it back?: So, I've booted up my laptop after the recent Windows 10 update and I was hit with "Can't load user profile" error, so I've restarted the system and the next thing that happened is that Windows did log me into my account, except the account has been wiped clean, I mean it...
  7. How to recover overwritten files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover overwritten files?: 54hrs of game progress was overwritten by the steam cloud last night. Everywhere I look they say "restore previous version" but when I try to do so the files claim there are no previous versions to restore - even though that is clearly not the case. I need to know if there is...
  8. Overwritten file

Overwritten file: I have recently used the "Do you want to replace the file in this destination" feature to replace a file. Is there any way to recover this file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/overwritten-file/4ce9af1f-2faa-408e-b7bc-cd98065bfacb
  9. File Overwritten

File Overwritten: i orginally had a the documents written on my laptop storage then i back up on a USB then edit the word doc on the usb (Removable Disk) instead then i try to replace all the folder stored in the USB to Laptop storage then i loose my newest documents, updated...
  10. Why would computers be invented in a way that we can't get "Overwritten" Files back?

Why would computers be invented in a way that we can't get "Overwritten" Files back?: Recently back on November 5th (2018), I was exporting a video in "HitFilm Express 2017." (To make sense before I begin to export a file, "HitFilm"will ask me where I want to place the file.) When I clicked on "Export," I've immediately realized I forgot to watch the video in...