Windows 10: Getting back into Windows

Discus and support Getting back into Windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; You also have had your question answered here: Windows 7 vs 8 vs 10 - Tech Support Forum Sure do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Allegheny, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Allegheny Win User

Getting back into Windows

Allegheny, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Allegheny Win User

Hi everyone. I am a Macintosh guy, but considering getting back into Windows for the reason of helping me to get my A+, Network+ and Security+ certs.

(For some strange reason, it seems like you are supposed to know Windows for those.)

I used PCs my whole life, but switched to Mac in 2005, so I have experience with Windows in the "old days" but nothing modern.

Dumb question, but do I automatically buy a PC with Windows 10 on it and start from there, or would I be better off with something like Windows 7?

Also, how much has Windows changed since XP?

(I have a crappy ASUS Notebook and I think it auto updated to Windows 10, and I find the way Microsoft changed the UI to be sickening...)

Anyways, I'm interested in hearing what you Microsoft experts think and recommend. *Smile

:)

Allegheny, Apr 6, 2018
  3. Help getting back into laptop

Hello Cortney,

Thank you for posting your query on Windows 10!

I understand that you are unable to login to your new HP Windows 10 computer, it does not accept the password. I would certainly help you.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Is this computer configured with a Microsoft account or a local account?
    • Is this computer connected to internet?

If its a Microsoft account we can very easily change the password from
    accout.live.com
    from any other computer. Once the password is changed you can login with the new password to your computer. Make sure that the computer is connected to internet to get the new password updated.

Follow the steps in the article below to reset your password.

Forgotten password and other sign-in problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Note: Make sure that your computer is connected to internet before trying the new password on your computer to get the password change updated.

Do let us know the results. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Apr 6, 2018
  4. Getting back into Windows

Help getting back into laptop

Hello,

I just bought the new HP envy windows 10 and it will not let me log back into my pc. I wrote down every single password I have used on it before I turned it off and on the screen to sign back into my laptop says PC is offline please use last password used
    on Pc. Above has my email address. I have no clue what to do to get back into my laptop ive tried everything. Someone please help because I'm leaving for college in a few days and I have to have it. I hope I don't have to go buy a new laptop and I hope this
    isn't going to be a constant occurring issue.

Thank you so much if someone can help me!

CortneyGreene, Apr 6, 2018
  5. mrgeek Win User
    "how much has Windows changed since XP? (I have a crappy ASUS Notebook and I think it auto updated to Windows 10, and I find the way Microsoft changed the UI to be sickening...)"
    Any new PC will have Win10, mfrs stopped 7 and 8,1 over yr ago. I went directly from XP to 8.1 and immediately updated to 10. Of course, there's a learning curve but many new features and ribbon menus in File Explorer will take getting used to but if you have experience in Office, no problem. Settings is taking over for Control Panel will also take getting used to for customization. UI is directed at compatibility with touch devices and phones, so get used to it, no big deal to me.
    Might as well dig and play around before you give in to preconceptions and biases based on hearsay from the inexperienced; imho.

mrgeek, Apr 6, 2018
  6. Most businesses use Windows.

It will probably be difficult to find a new PC with W7 installed on it.

Since W10 has been out for a couple of years, I would've thought that your course materials would be based on it.

MS changed the security setup when they released Vista.

lehnerus2000, Apr 7, 2018
  7. spunk Win User
    spunk, Apr 7, 2018
Thema:

Getting back into Windows

1. Getting back into Windows - Similar Threads - Getting

2. Can't get TLS v1.0 client disabled on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get TLS v1.0 client disabled on Windows 10: HistoryThis is on my main PC running Windows 10 Education more version details below. Some time ago, I enabled TLS 1.0 to allow me to access the web interface of some old network hardware. I'm not sure what instructions I followed, but I believe I modified some registry...
  3. Can't get TLS v1.0 client disabled on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get TLS v1.0 client disabled on Windows 10: HistoryThis is on my main PC running Windows 10 Education more version details below. Some time ago, I enabled TLS 1.0 to allow me to access the web interface of some old network hardware. I'm not sure what instructions I followed, but I believe I modified some registry...
  4. Can't get TLS v1.0 client disabled on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Tell cloudflare to get lost like exit and stop preventing me from access to my web pages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tell cloudflare to get lost like exit and stop preventing me from access to my web pages: Tell cloudflare to get lost like exit and stop preventing me from access to my web pages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tell-cloudflare-to-get-lost-like-exit-and-stop/b3bade0a-4bd6-4660-8aeb-c384a0a1aa2e
  6. Tell cloudflare to get lost like exit and stop preventing me from access to my web pages

Tell cloudflare to get lost like exit and stop preventing me from access to my web pages: Tell cloudflare to get lost like exit and stop preventing me from access to my web pages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tell-cloudflare-to-get-lost-like-exit-and-stop/b3bade0a-4bd6-4660-8aeb-c384a0a1aa2e
  7. Tell cloudflare to get lost like exit and stop preventing me from access to my web pages

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. I get multiple messages saying my cell phone is not responding or has been disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get multiple messages saying my cell phone is not responding or has been disconnected: I get multiple messages saying my Samsung Galaxy A12 cell phone is not responding or has been disconnected when the phone has been disconnected for days! The maximum number that have suddenly appeared is at least 30! This has occurred for approximately one year. Multiple...
  9. I get multiple messages saying my cell phone is not responding or has been disconnected

I get multiple messages saying my cell phone is not responding or has been disconnected: I get multiple messages saying my Samsung Galaxy A12 cell phone is not responding or has been disconnected when the phone has been disconnected for days! The maximum number that have suddenly appeared is at least 30! This has occurred for approximately one year. Multiple...
  10. I get multiple messages saying my cell phone is not responding or has been disconnected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware