Windows 10: Getting back to desktop mode from tablet mode.

Discus and support Getting back to desktop mode from tablet mode. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Lenova 2 in 1 ideapad with Windows 10. When I switched from tablet back to laptop my desktop will not change back to desktop mode with a start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Grace_96, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Grace_96 Win User

Getting back to desktop mode from tablet mode.

I have a Lenova 2 in 1 ideapad with Windows 10. When I switched from tablet back to laptop my desktop will not change back to desktop mode with a start up menu and items showing that i had saved to desktop. I figured out how to get taskbar items back.

:)

Grace_96, Sep 15, 2018

2. How do I get back tablet mode? Problem in changing to tablet mode on Nextbook 10

Hello,

• Did you tried to turn ON the Tablet mode from Action Center?
    • Do you get any error message?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps you in turning ON Tablet mode.

There are two options to turn ON the Tablet mode.

Option 1:

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.
    • Click/tap on Table Mode on the left side, and turn on or off
      Enable tablet mode for what you want.
    Option 2:

• Click/tap on the Action Center system icon in the taskbar notification area.
    • At the bottom of the Action Center, click/tap on the Tablet mode button to toggle it
      on (blue) or off (gray) for what you want.
    Keep us posted with the status of Tablet mode issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Tablet and Desktop Mode

Hello,

I was wonder why you can't have the tablet tile and its side menu setup on the official desktop in Windows 10? The reason I ask is because gone are shortcuts in Desktop Mode. Live tiles are a natural modernization of the old shortcuts we use to be able
    to place on the desktop. Tablet mode has functionality restrictions that aren't present in Desktop, but in Desktop there are no tiles (shortcuts) immediately available like in Tablet mode. Instead one must go into the Start Menu and then select a tile.
    It is cumbersome and doesn't make much sense. And yes, I do have my Start Menu set to full screen mode, but again, you have to take a couple of steps just to access tiles (shortcuts). Seems rather silly to me. Will there ever be a way to have the tablet
    tile "desktop" available in the full Desktop Mode? It seems this would be a very simple thing to do by Microsoft.

Thank you.

Sinister-Veridicus, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Getting back to desktop mode from tablet mode. - Similar Threads - Getting desktop mode

2. Start button switches to tablet mode and desktop mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button switches to tablet mode and desktop mode: I have an HP laptop. Windows is up to date. I have recently switched to running in desktop mode but when i left click the start button instead of getting the start menu it switches to tablet mode. How do i fix this? Ive searched everywhere. if i right click it brings up...
  3. what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode: what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-tablet-mode-and/8c87c268-ef51-40ab-a143-66b0da01d2de
  4. How did I switch from desktop mode to tablet mode, and how do I get back.

How did I switch from desktop mode to tablet mode, and how do I get back.: How did I switch from desktop mode to tablet mode, and how do I get back to desktop mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-did-i-switch-from-desktop-mode-to-tablet-mode/3c4896f7-10f6-4800-834b-63ee30e28307
  5. Can't switch from desktop to tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't switch from desktop to tablet mode: Having used W10 on the SurfacePro 2 with keyboard for several years, I suddenly find that I can only use desktop mode. When I try to switch to the tablet mode using the left hand windows icon on the task bar, the icon "greys out" and doesn't function, and from then on the...
  6. tablet mode

tablet mode: I saw my brother use the tablet mode but he does not want to tell me how I put it, they could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-mode/417db7cb-1d88-41a7-bcf4-ac007ef5a73f
  7. Move back button in tablet mode

Move back button in tablet mode: Oi! I'm desperately looking for a way to move the back button on the taskbar in tablet mode to the left of the windows button. I can't do it, no matter how hard I try. Any ideas of how this can be done? Here's a paintjob of what I mean (don't mind the missing task button)...
  8. Are Moden Apps the same in desktop mode as tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Moden Apps the same in desktop mode as tablet mode?: My apologies if this question seems basic, but I really am confused. I'm trying to understand why I would want to use tablet mode. Apart from the minimize, maximize and "x" buttons found in desktop mode. Aren't the modern tile apps that you can launch straight from the...
  9. Access desktop in Tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    Access desktop in Tablet mode?: I am upgrading from 8 on a PC I used as a media center. The metro start screen was great for using on a TV. In Windows 10 however it seems the only way to have this be the default boot screen is to enable "Tablet Mode". I am fine with this however when in Tablet Mode it seems...
  10. Switching back from Tablet mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching back from Tablet mode: Hi there. If you are experimenting with Tablet and desktop mode the mechanics are a bit convoluted. First I'd apply Brink's tutorial which allows you to toggle to and from start menu or start screen mode without re-booting. He's fixed it for build 9926 too. Now to get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. getting back to desktop mode