Windows 10: Getting Blue Screen error IO1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED after installing Windows Updates on...

Discus and support Getting Blue Screen error IO1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED after installing Windows Updates on... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After I upgrade windows, the pc restartes with this error code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Visha_Yadav, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Getting Blue Screen error IO1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED after installing Windows Updates on...

After I upgrade windows, the pc restartes with this error code

:)

Visha_Yadav, Sep 17, 2018

2. Getting Blue Screen error IO1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED after installing Windows Updates on Windows 10

Hello Jim,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We're sorry to hear the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Are you referring to IO1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED Blue Screen error?
    • Did you made any changes to your PC other than Windows Updates installation?
    • Did you see any error code on the Screen?
    • Does it responds when you press BIOS setup keys? Like F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the BIOS Setup

The IO1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED bug check has a value of 0x00000069. This bug check indicates that the initialization of the I/O system failed for some reason. Most likely, the setup routine has improperly installed the system, or a user has reconfigured the
    system.

If you say yes for the last question, then let us try to repair your computer by creating a Windows 10 Bootable media(I.e. USB or DVD) using
    Media Creation Tool. Use some other PC connected to
    Internet for creating a Bootable media
    . Once you're ready with Bootable Media, follow the below mentioned steps.

• Insert the Windows installation disc in the disc drive or connect USB media, and then start the computer.
    • Press a key when the message Press any key to boot from CD or DVD appears.

If your PC does not detect the media automatically
      • During the restart process, read the screen for any instructions that explain how to interrupt normal startup and enter the basic input/output system (BIOS) setup utility. Most PCs use the F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the BIOS Setup.
      • Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled Boot Order,
        Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the
        Boot Order, then press Enter.
      • Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive (this might be called Removable Device) in the Boot list. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press Enter. The boot order
        sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
      • Press F10 to save your changes and to exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select Yes in the confirmation window. The PC will restart. Allow the PC to restart normally. The scan will take a few minutes and remove any malware that may be infecting your computer.
    • Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next.
    • Click Repair your computer.
    • Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click
      Next
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. Select
      Advanced Options >Startup Repair
    • If it doesn't fix the issue then go to Command Prompt
      under Advanced Options.
    • Type Bootrec /RebuildBcd, and then press ENTER.
    You can also go with System Restore option under
    Advanced Options and follow with onscreen instruction to restore your computer to earlier point of time. If problem still persist, then select
    Reset this PC with Keep my files
    option. While performing reset ensure to select Keep my files.
    It will do the following,

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)
    Warning:

• Be careful when changing BIOS settings. The BIOS interface is designed for advanced users, and it's possible to change a setting that could prevent your computer from starting correctly.

• Updating BIOS should only be done if necessary (to solve a compatibility problem, for example). It can be a complicated process, and if an error occurs, your computer could be rendered inoperable. Be sure
      to follow the manufacturer's instructions exactly.
    Keep us posted if you require any further assistance, we're glad to assist you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Getting Blue Screen error IO1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED after installing Windows Updates on...

Error. Blue Screen

Hi,

In addition to the above mentioned solutions by Community members, I would like to add the following:

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Getting Blue Screen error IO1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED after installing Windows Updates on...

1. Getting Blue Screen error IO1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED after installing Windows Updates on... - Similar Threads - Getting Blue Screen

2. io1_initialization_failed after rebuilding BCD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    io1_initialization_failed after rebuilding BCD: after reinstalling the EFI partition bootrec seems to have installed UEFI instead of legacy into the EFI partition which causes windows to give an error io1 initialization failed, i've been trying for hours to get this to work, forcefully booting in legacy mode from a usb...
  3. io1_initialization_failed after rebuilding BCD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    io1_initialization_failed after rebuilding BCD: after reinstalling the EFI partition bootrec seems to have installed UEFI instead of legacy into the EFI partition which causes windows to give an error io1 initialization failed, i've been trying for hours to get this to work, forcefully booting in legacy mode from a usb...
  4. io1_initialization_failed after rebuilding BCD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows not installing updates after blue screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not installing updates after blue screens: My laptop blue screened, and I ran an automatic repair to fix it, and it deleted some recent updates. When i tried to run some programs they ran very slow. I went to check my drivers or any updates I noticed there was an update available, but when i tried to download it it...
  6. Windows not installing updates after blue screens

Windows not installing updates after blue screens: My laptop blue screened, and I ran an automatic repair to fix it, and it deleted some recent updates. When i tried to run some programs they ran very slow. I went to check my drivers or any updates I noticed there was an update available, but when i tried to download it it...
  7. Windows not installing updates after blue screens

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Getting the Blue Screen of Death after KB5015732 update installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting the Blue Screen of Death after KB5015732 update installed: Windows 11 Pro, Version 21H2 OS Build 22000.795The 2202-07 Cumulative Update Preview KB5015732 was installed on my HP workstation over the weekend 24 July 2022 and ever since then I've been running into Blue Screens of Death.The PC works fine when it's running but then a blue...
  9. Getting the Blue Screen of Death after KB5015732 update installed

Getting the Blue Screen of Death after KB5015732 update installed: Windows 11 Pro, Version 21H2 OS Build 22000.795The 2202-07 Cumulative Update Preview KB5015732 was installed on my HP workstation over the weekend 24 July 2022 and ever since then I've been running into Blue Screens of Death.The PC works fine when it's running but then a blue...
  10. Blue Screen IO1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED after Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen IO1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED after Windows Updates: I recently updated my windows. Since then I get this blue screen whenever I try to start my computer. I tried many things until now: Rebuilding BCD bootrec /fixmbr - works bootrec /fixboot - access denied bootrec /rebuildbcd - found 0 windows installations Rebuilding...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. process initialization failed after update restart