Windows 10: Getting blue screen of death: (after trying to install some new drivers from 'driver easy'...

Discus and support Getting blue screen of death: (after trying to install some new drivers from 'driver easy'... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LowIQ-HighPing [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LowIQ-HighPing, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Getting blue screen of death: (after trying to install some new drivers from 'driver easy'...

/u/LowIQ-HighPing, Jan 13, 2021

2. Blue screen of death when installing driver

I was installing drivers on my new pc i just got done building. I am running the free version of windows 10 pro. When i got to the graphic card (GTX 1060 6GB) i was installing drivers and then i got the blue screen of death. Could it just be because i was
    installing drivers that caused it?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

AppleCidar01, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Blue screen error: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH when trying to install Audio driver

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you get a Blue Screen error with “APC_INDEX_MISMATCH” when trying to install Audio drivers. I’ll certainly help you with this.

However, please let us know:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

An incompatible system driver causes the Blue screen error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH. For more information see

Bug Check 0x1: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    and check if that helps.

However, I would also suggest you to share the dump files so that we can analyze them and get to the root cause of the issue. To share the files Navigate to
    C:\Windows\Minidump, upload the files to OneDrive and share the OneDrive link.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Getting blue screen of death: (after trying to install some new drivers from 'driver easy'...

Blue Screen of Death

Hi Kevin,

I am sorry to know that you are getting Blue screen errors.

Along with the suggestion provided by ZigZag, try the steps below.

If you see the blue screen only after sign-in
    and you can see a mouse cursor:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
    • If this resolves the blue screen, use corruption resolution steps (dism, then sfc), and run the all apps PowerShell command.
    powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821?wa=wsignin1.0

To uninstall a driver refer the steps below.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click On
      Device Manager.

• Then find the driver that you are trying to uninstall and right-click on it to
      Uninstall.

• Follow onscreen instructions to uninstall it.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Getting blue screen of death: (after trying to install some new drivers from 'driver easy'...

1. Getting blue screen of death: (after trying to install some new drivers from 'driver easy'... - Similar Threads - Getting blue screen

2. Getting a Blue Screen of Death with "Driver Power State Failure"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a Blue Screen of Death with "Driver Power State Failure": Hi, I'm here today because I've been recently getting blue screens with the error message "Driver Power State Failure". This has only recently started happening in the last few weeks and I've never had this problem before in the 2 years that I've had this laptop. It only...
  3. Getting a Blue Screen of Death with "Driver Power State Failure"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting a Blue Screen of Death with "Driver Power State Failure": Hi, I'm here today because I've been recently getting blue screens with the error message "Driver Power State Failure". This has only recently started happening in the last few weeks and I've never had this problem before in the 2 years that I've had this laptop. It only...
  4. Getting a Blue Screen of Death with "Driver Power State Failure"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Blue screen of death while installing nivida driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen of death while installing nivida driver: Hello! I have problems because of my nivida driver it gets me alot blue screen of death so I unistalled it using DDU then when I try to install a stable one it gives me blue screen again • error code: VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED...
  6. Blue screen of death while installing nivida driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen of death while installing nivida driver: Hello! I have problems because of my nivida driver it gets me alot blue screen of death so I unistalled it using DDU then when I try to install a stable one it gives me blue screen again • error code: VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED...
  7. Blue screen after installing drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after installing drivers: Hey, recently i broke my gpu geforce by dropping my drink accidently and it splashed inside my pc, idk if it broke anything else but it works now, my friend gave me his gpu and its a poseidon geforce 670 and i installed it and tried to run a game but it has fps lag on pixel...
  8. Getting blue screen of death errors after installing a new ssd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting blue screen of death errors after installing a new ssd: Hi so i recently installed a nvme.2 ssd to my acer laptop and installed original windows 10, which came with the laptop when i bought it, into the new ssd. Since then I've been getting blue screen of death errors constantly with error codes like critical process died,...
  9. Blue screen of death during drivers installation.

Blue screen of death during drivers installation.: Hello, I have a big problem with drivers installation on Windows 10. During installing drivers for my graphic card Nvidia Geforce MX150, Windows comes with BSOD with stopcode PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and nvlddmkm.sys failure. I've already tried everything, booting in...
  10. Blue screen of death after updating Display drivers

Blue screen of death after updating Display drivers: Error:- BSOD :- Critical_Process_Died and few other like Thread_stuck_in_Driver Tried all troubleshooting steps but no avail. Happens when I update the Graphic drivers >>Safe Mode and reboot issue persists. >>Reinstalled OS >>Recreated drivers >>same issue after updating...