Windows 10: Getting Blue Screen Of Death While Java Is Installed On The Computer.

Discus and support Getting Blue Screen Of Death While Java Is Installed On The Computer. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I've noticed something interesting recently that seems to point to an issue with Windows 10 and Java working well together. I'll spare you all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BruceGates1, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Getting Blue Screen Of Death While Java Is Installed On The Computer.

Hello!

I've noticed something interesting recently that seems to point to an issue with Windows 10 and Java working well together. I'll spare you all of the gory details but I had bought a Microsoft-certified-refurbished PC with the intent to use it for Java development via Eclipse and Android development via Android Studio. For many months, everything worked fine but starting in roughly late-January, my laptop began to run into a blue screen of death issue, citing memory management as the root cause. I wasn't sure what was causing the issue, so I backed up all of my vital stuff and planned on having to do a full system restore.

I started with removing all of my dev software, so away went Eclipse and Android Studio. I also decided that Java itself could go, at least temporarily, so I deleted the environment variables dealing with Java. Well wouldn't you know it but as soon as I had purged all-things-Java from my system, but 1) my system ran noticeably faster and 2) the continuous shut-down of my PC was no longer an issue. I would still occasionally run into a blue screen of death when I went to shut down the computer (which seems quite odd to me, but whatever! At least I was done!) but no longer was my work being interrupted. Of course, it meant I couldn't do the thing(s) I bought the computer for, so I decided to try and re-install my Java-related stuff again. For the most part, it worked over the next week or two but it didn't take long until the shutdowns commenced again.

I currently have the Java environment variables deleted from my computer but Eclipse and Android Studio are still installed. Of course, they are useless without Java but at least my PC actually WORKS!

Is anyone familiar with some sort of compatibility issue as it pertains to Java and/or the JDK and Windows 10? I'd hate to think that I'll have to disable the environment variables for Java any time I'm not planning to use it but if that's the solution, then so be it but with Java becoming more and more prevalent, it seems that if there IS an issue with Java and Windows 10 working together that Microsoft would be in a uniquely bad spot if they chose not to address whatever is causing this issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

-BG

***Edited Original Title From: Does Windows 10 Not Get Along Well With Java?***

:)

BruceGates1, Mar 12, 2019
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Mar 12, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Blue Screen of Death

We appreciate the information.

To get better assistance in resolving Blue Screen of Death, we suggest that you get in touch with our
    Answer Desk as it has the experts and advanced troubleshooting steps regarding this issue.

Regards.

John Sarc, Mar 12, 2019
  4. iuppiter Win User

Getting Blue Screen Of Death While Java Is Installed On The Computer.

Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Nothing for step 10.

Step 11 -
    Getting Blue Screen Of Death While Java Is Installed On The Computer. [​IMG]

iuppiter, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Getting Blue Screen Of Death While Java Is Installed On The Computer.

1. Getting Blue Screen Of Death While Java Is Installed On The Computer. - Similar Threads - Getting Blue Screen

2. Blue screen of death while installing nivida driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen of death while installing nivida driver: Hello! I have problems because of my nivida driver it gets me alot blue screen of death so I unistalled it using DDU then when I try to install a stable one it gives me blue screen again • error code: VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED...
  3. Blue screen of death while installing nivida driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen of death while installing nivida driver: Hello! I have problems because of my nivida driver it gets me alot blue screen of death so I unistalled it using DDU then when I try to install a stable one it gives me blue screen again • error code: VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED...
  4. Blue Screen Of Death While Gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Of Death While Gaming: So I recently rebuilt my pc about 2 months ago, new case, new corsair ram, corsair water cooler and fans. When I rebuilt my pc it ran fine then started blue screening from the hard drive it was on got corrupted, I reinstalled windows on a different drive that has 300gb of...
  5. Blue Screen Of Death While Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Of Death While Gaming: So I recently rebuilt my pc about 2 months ago, new case, new corsair ram, corsair water cooler and fans. When I rebuilt my pc it ran fine then started blue screening from the hard drive it was on got corrupted, I reinstalled windows on a different drive that has 300gb of...
  6. Blue Screen Of Death While Gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Blue Screen while running Minecraft Java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen while running Minecraft Java: Whenever I play minecraft and only minecraft, no other games I frequently get a blue screen with the description "Whea_uncorrectable_error". Java is up to date. What can I do to troubleshoot the problem? Thanks!...
  8. Blue Screen of Death even while installing Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen of Death even while installing Windows: Hello, today I opened my laptop and get greeted with the 'your pc ran into problem and needs to be repaired' I have an installation media so I quickly plugged it and go into repair my pc, I tried to restart the pc but it fails, I tried to do a restore, but when the progress...
  9. Blue Screen Of Death While In-Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Of Death While In-Game: Over the past years, my PC has been crashing while I am playing games. It never crashed, but now it has started again. I believe that it has to do with the cooling or heating of the PC. The crash only happens in the summer which suggests to me it has to do with the heat. It...
  10. Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen Of Death While Browsing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen Of Death While Browsing.: Hi, I've had this problem awhile now and have tried several suggestions from here. While browsing sometimes the PC will freeze and the go to BSOD with DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION. I tried everything suggested here...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blue screen after instaling java