Windows 10: Getting Blue screens after switch to ssd

Discus and support Getting Blue screens after switch to ssd in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, yesterday I replaced my aging hdd with a sdd in an attempt to keep my old pc somewhat usable. I installed a fresh copy of windows 10 since I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by billybobsingh, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Getting Blue screens after switch to ssd

Hello,

yesterday I replaced my aging hdd with a sdd in an attempt to keep my old pc somewhat usable. I installed a fresh copy of windows 10 since I did not need anything on the hdd. I have experienced about 10 blue screens since then.

I am able to constantly get the blue screen while preforming 2 actions.

1) attempting to install pending windows updates
    2) attempting to open a 20 page google doc for one of my classes.

I think I also caused a blue screen when attempting to download a few games off of steam.

Today I intentionally avoided downloading anything off of steam or playing with windows updates. I had no blue screens until I attempted to open the google doc(which was when I discovered it also caused blue screens)

I have attached the zip file. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

:)

billybobsingh, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Getting Blue screens after switch to ssd

Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

Hi,

Blue screen errors can occur if a serious problem causes Windows to shut down or restart unexpectedly. This error can be caused by both hardware and software issues. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if there were any changes made
    prior to the issue.

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this link for blue screen error basic
    troubleshooting. Once you're on the page, select the option on when do you get the error and proceed with the steps listed.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Getting Blue screens after switch to ssd

1. Getting Blue screens after switch to ssd - Similar Threads - Getting Blue screens

2. SSD turned to RAW format after blue screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD turned to RAW format after blue screen: Hi everyone, So the other day, my laptop had a blue screen I think it was Your windows insider version encountered a problem, code error: unfixable error or something like that After the restart, it wouldn't boot into windows and get prompted "Please install an operating...
  3. Windows 10 Blue screen crashes after SSD install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Blue screen crashes after SSD install: Computer is keep geting Blue screen crashes and I can't open dmp files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-blue-screen-crashes-after-ssd-install/0cc6b74f-69ac-4ff9-9ad2-cb3247729858
  4. Getting a lot of blue screens

Getting a lot of blue screens: For the past couple months, I've been getting a lot of blue screens with different codes (IRQL LESS THAN OR EQUAL being one of them.) My PC is custom built, here are the specs: OS: Windows 64bit CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 @ 3.20GHz (no overclock) RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX...
  5. After blue screen error my secondary SSD disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After blue screen error my secondary SSD disappeared: I am Karthikeyan, I have been using dell inspiron laptop comes with 265GB PCie SSD for past few days, and i have upgraded my laptop with another 500GB PCie SSD few days ago, 2days before when i was browsing some pictures on my 2nd SSD suddenly my laptop goes in to blue...
  6. Keep getting blue screens

Keep getting blue screens: Hello, I keep getting blue screens for some reason and I'm not sure what exactly is the problem I hope someone would be able to help me. here are my Dumpfiles https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-getting-blue-screens/1aeda9dd-95c2-41e2-9f8b-44f230e6e3a5
  7. Screen gets blue

Screen gets blue: Hello, Sometimes, when I use my notebook at night, the screen gets bluer. I can notice because it is really sudden. I'm not sure what exactly changes about the colours, but everything seems bluer. It can be annoying. I also think the screen gets dimmer. I'm sure that it is...
  8. Blue screen after upgrading HDD with SSD

Blue screen after upgrading HDD with SSD: Hello community members, I have a toshiba satelite L850 1DV and I though to upgrade it with an SSD and additional RAM. The RAM so far was OK working perfectly with the old toshiba HDD, to be expected as it was suggested by the retailer from whom I bought the laptop. But...
  9. Constantly getting blue screen

Constantly getting blue screen: I've bought a laptop not too long ago. And it started having almost right away. I reset it ( through the reset option in windows 10), it helped for some time. But then it started getting blue screen again. It doesn't have a pattern, it's always random, new errors every time....
  10. After Creators Update - Blue Screen - After Switching User Accounts

After Creators Update - Blue Screen - After Switching User Accounts: I'm having an issue since the Creators update. I have 3 user accounts on my Surface Book. Since the Creators update, after I switch user accounts I will get a blue screen restart. But it seems like this happens after I open Edge and play a YouTube video. That is the only...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blue screen after switching ssd