Windows 10: Getting Blue screens after switch to ssd

Discus and support Getting Blue screens after switch to ssd in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, yesterday I replaced my aging hdd with a sdd in an attempt to keep my old pc somewhat usable. I installed a fresh copy of windows 10 since I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by billybobsingh, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Getting Blue screens after switch to ssd

Hello,

yesterday I replaced my aging hdd with a sdd in an attempt to keep my old pc somewhat usable. I installed a fresh copy of windows 10 since I did not need anything on the hdd. I have experienced about 10 blue screens since then.

I am able to constantly get the blue screen while preforming 2 actions.

1) attempting to install pending windows updates
    2) attempting to open a 20 page google doc for one of my classes.

I think I also caused a blue screen when attempting to download a few games off of steam.

Today I intentionally avoided downloading anything off of steam or playing with windows updates. I had no blue screens until I attempted to open the google doc(which was when I discovered it also caused blue screens)

I have attached the zip file. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

:)

billybobsingh, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Getting Blue screens after switch to ssd

Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

Hi,

Blue screen errors can occur if a serious problem causes Windows to shut down or restart unexpectedly. This error can be caused by both hardware and software issues. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if there were any changes made
    prior to the issue.

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this link for blue screen error basic
    troubleshooting. Once you're on the page, select the option on when do you get the error and proceed with the steps listed.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Getting Blue screens after switch to ssd

1. Getting Blue screens after switch to ssd - Similar Threads - Getting Blue screens

2. Getting blue screens at startup after ssd upgrade on Acer laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting blue screens at startup after ssd upgrade on Acer laptop: Hey guys!So I have an Acer nitro 5 AN515-54-5812 and I added a 4tb Corsair SSD CT4000P3PSSD8B to the second m.2 slot. At first the laptop seemed fine; booted up like normal. Although, the new SSD did not show up in disk management, which is strange. I restarted the laptop,...
  3. Getting blue screens at startup after ssd upgrade on Acer laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting blue screens at startup after ssd upgrade on Acer laptop: Hey guys!So I have an Acer nitro 5 AN515-54-5812 and I added a 4tb Corsair SSD CT4000P3PSSD8B to the second m.2 slot. At first the laptop seemed fine; booted up like normal. Although, the new SSD did not show up in disk management, which is strange. I restarted the laptop,...
  4. Blue-screen after installing new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue-screen after installing new SSD: Hi all! I recently installed an SSD, and only just recently has it begun crashing daily. I'll list out some details below:SSD: https://www.amazon.com/LEVEN-Internal-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B08DTR8RGR?th=1LEVEN JS600 4TB SATA IIISetup: I used AOMEI partition assistant to transfer...
  5. Blue-screen after installing new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue-screen after installing new SSD: Hi all! I recently installed an SSD, and only just recently has it begun crashing daily. I'll list out some details below:SSD: https://www.amazon.com/LEVEN-Internal-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B08DTR8RGR?th=1LEVEN JS600 4TB SATA IIISetup: I used AOMEI partition assistant to transfer...
  6. Blue-screen after installing new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Getting blue screen of death errors after installing a new ssd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting blue screen of death errors after installing a new ssd: Hi so i recently installed a nvme.2 ssd to my acer laptop and installed original windows 10, which came with the laptop when i bought it, into the new ssd. Since then I've been getting blue screen of death errors constantly with error codes like critical process died,...
  8. Blue screen after switching off HHD

Blue screen after switching off HHD: I have two HHD and SSD on my PC. Windows 10 is installed on SSD. I wanted to check if one of HHD is working properly and disconnected the other HHD. But when I connected it again, I got BSOD, it says that Windows 10 is not installed correctly. How can it happen?...
  9. SSD turned to RAW format after blue screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD turned to RAW format after blue screen: Hi everyone, So the other day, my laptop had a blue screen I think it was Your windows insider version encountered a problem, code error: unfixable error or something like that After the restart, it wouldn't boot into windows and get prompted "Please install an operating...
  10. Blue screen after upgrading HDD with SSD

Blue screen after upgrading HDD with SSD: Hello community members, I have a toshiba satelite L850 1DV and I though to upgrade it with an SSD and additional RAM. The RAM so far was OK working perfectly with the old toshiba HDD, to be expected as it was suggested by the retailer from whom I bought the laptop. But...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blue screen after switching ssd