Windows 10: Getting bluescreens during attempted Clean Install

Discus and support Getting bluescreens during attempted Clean Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,My whole problem started around 2 days ago when attempting to install a windows update and my PC crashed. This ended up changing core kernel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chris2OY, May 20, 2023.

1. Chris2OY Win User

Getting bluescreens during attempted Clean Install

Hello,My whole problem started around 2 days ago when attempting to install a windows update and my PC crashed. This ended up changing core kernel folders to be unusable, and leading booting anywhere near windows completely useless.I accepted I pretty much needed to make sure there were no hardware related issues, so I used Dell's support software and it turned out everything was fine on that end.When attempting to boot to USB with Creation Media it would give me many BSOD's with different codes, all of which relating to the kernel and whatnot.The farthest I've gotten is getting to the part w

:)

Chris2OY, May 20, 2023

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, May 20, 2023
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, May 20, 2023
  4. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, May 20, 2023
Thema:

1. Getting bluescreens during attempted Clean Install - Similar Threads - Getting bluescreens during

2. Getting bluescreens during attempted Clean Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting bluescreens during attempted Clean Install: Hello,My whole problem started around 2 days ago when attempting to install a windows update and my PC crashed. This ended up changing core kernel folders to be unusable, and leading booting anywhere near windows completely useless.I accepted I pretty much needed to make sure...
  3. Getting bluescreens during attempted Clean Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting bluescreens during attempted Clean Install: Hello,My whole problem started around 2 days ago when attempting to install a windows update and my PC crashed. This ended up changing core kernel folders to be unusable, and leading booting anywhere near windows completely useless.I accepted I pretty much needed to make sure...
  4. Getting crashes and bluescreens during mw2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting crashes and bluescreens during mw2: Hello Community,currently I am getting bluescreens with several codes like DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL amdkmdag.sys while playing Modern Warfare 2.It started with some crashes after a long time like 2 hours in the game. Either I got a windows bluescreen or the game freezes,...
  5. Getting crashes and bluescreens during mw2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting crashes and bluescreens during mw2: Hello Community,currently I am getting bluescreens with several codes like DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL amdkmdag.sys while playing Modern Warfare 2.It started with some crashes after a long time like 2 hours in the game. Either I got a windows bluescreen or the game freezes,...
  6. Getting crashes and bluescreens during mw2

7. Crashing during clean install

Crashing during clean install: Since my pc was acting up I've been trying to reinstall windows 10. 10 times in a row it has crashed during installation and had to start from the very beginning and crashes at different points. I've check every physical component, the UEFI settings including clearing the...
  8. BSOD during clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD during clean install: Hey, I was getting a bunch of BSOD’s and decided to do a clean install of windows using MCT and a usb, everything installed fine until I got to the getting ready screen and then got a System Service Exception BSOD. This issue has been continuous and I have tried every...
  9. Bluescreen on multiple attempts at install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluescreen on multiple attempts at install: Hello, I'm absolutely at my witts end. I've been trying to simply install windows on my pc. Every single time, no matter what hardware configuration, version of windows, type of hard drive, ram, CPU, or even motherboard seems to matter. I’ve tried 32 and 64-bit Windows 7,...
  10. BSOD during clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during clean install: Quick backstory: Had Windows 10 Pro running since it came out with relatively few problems. I decided it was time for a graphics upgrade so I threw in an EVGA GeForce 1060. Nvidia decided I needed new drivers and it has been all downhill since then. 1) I first got a...