Windows 10: Getting BSOD just at the start of downloading a game from MS store.

Discus and support Getting BSOD just at the start of downloading a game from MS store. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, As title says, I'm getting BSOD when I try to download any game from microsoft store. I have tried three games and all of them resulted me in... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by kanzoo, Oct 28, 2019.

1. kanzoo Win User

Getting BSOD just at the start of downloading a game from MS store.

Hello,

As title says, I'm getting BSOD when I try to download any game from microsoft store. I have tried three games and all of them resulted me in having BSOD with stop code "System Thread Exception Not Handled". I do not have this issue with other online stores (steam, blizzard, EA origin or Epic). I have updated my graphics drivers, but issue still persist. I include a link with minidumps and msinfo32 files, plus my computer specs. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can help me with this issue? I can't buy any game from ms store with this issue.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rr-G3KE3-VUCD08yuuGlRuz5z69hbcjo

Mindaugas

:)

kanzoo, Oct 28, 2019

2. MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 28, 2019
  3. i just downloaded a game and it will open and shut automatically

Hi john,

For a better clarity on the issue, please answer the below questions;

• Please specify the game you are having issue with?
    • Are you getting any error messages while opening the game?
    • Also, did you download the game from windows Store?
    For workaround, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
    • Click on View All on left side and select Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Getting BSOD just at the start of downloading a game from MS store.

BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Getting BSOD just at the start of downloading a game from MS store.

1. Getting BSOD just at the start of downloading a game from MS store. - Similar Threads - Getting BSOD start

2. Unable to download from MS Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download from MS Store: The "easier" MS tries to make things, they harder they become:I get a pop up window that just spirals then says:Something went wrongPlease try again later0x800488fcFrom what I can gather this is because I can't sign into my Xbox account. I don't have one, nor want yet another...
  3. Unable to download from MS Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download from MS Store: The "easier" MS tries to make things, they harder they become:I get a pop up window that just spirals then says:Something went wrongPlease try again later0x800488fcFrom what I can gather this is because I can't sign into my Xbox account. I don't have one, nor want yet another...
  4. Downloads in MS Store

Downloads in MS Store: Hi There is a thread on this but it is old and does not quite reflect my issue. I want to cancel some downloads in the queue in MS Store but there is no X button anywhere near, right or left of App title. please help. thanks...
  5. Error code when downloading game from MS store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error code when downloading game from MS store: I'm getting Error Code: 0x80070424 while trying to download grounded but its done it to multiple games and I've tried everything I know of. I've done wsreset.exe, I've tried running PowerShell commands, resetting it in Settings > Apps > MS Reset. please help as soon as...
  6. Unable to open the MS store, the get help app, and most apps downloaded from the MS store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to open the MS store, the get help app, and most apps downloaded from the MS store.: When I try to open any of the mentioned apps, nothing at all happens. I am running the Oct 2020 update although this has been an issue for several months now. Windows 10 Home X64. Things I have attempted... running WSreset.exe Reinstalling the MS store using the...
  7. This is how MS Store downloads games...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This is how MS Store downloads games...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/someniatko [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fxwe2l/this_is_how_ms_store_downloads_games/
  8. BSOD When Downloading a Game From Micorsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD When Downloading a Game From Micorsoft Store: Recently, whenever I try to download a game and only games from the Microsoft Store and the Xbox Beta App my computer will freeze and transition into a blue screen. I've tried to fix this myself multiples times by reinstalling programs, resetting the Microsoft store, clearing...
  9. Unable to download from MS Store or get Updates.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to download from MS Store or get Updates.: Unable to download from MS Store or get Updates. I have followed so many suggestions. Services, WSReset.exe, Turning AV off/on, Firewall On/Off, Deleting files and folders, Reset my router, ect... I have the exact same problem on my Main PC and Laptop. If anyone has seen a...
  10. Game Downloaded from MS Store, Uninstalled, But Retains My Game Data

Game Downloaded from MS Store, Uninstalled, But Retains My Game Data: I have downloaded GameLoft's Asphalt 9 from the Microsoft Store some time back. I uninstalled it for a couple months, and I want to reinstall it now, but I want to start over completely with no saved data. When I go back in to the Microsoft Store and go to my Library, it...