Windows 10: Getting BSOD only on certain games

Discus and support Getting BSOD only on certain games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I am getting BSOD only when I am playing certain games. The two ive noticed are FIFA 23 and Battlefield 5. I have played RDR2, Facry, GTA and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by 1232-asfd22, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Getting BSOD only on certain games

So I am getting BSOD only when I am playing certain games. The two ive noticed are FIFA 23 and Battlefield 5. I have played RDR2, Facry, GTA and have had no issues. My CPU and GPU temps are 70-80cs when playing these games. Getting BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL I have freshly installed Windows twice now. Checked RAM and passed 11 tests overnight with memtest86 Those temps are about the same in RDR2 and I play for hours with no issues. With Fifa/Battlefield I BSOD in 20mins PC Specs: i9-10850K MasterLiquid Lite 120mm I think it may be an overh

:)

1232-asfd22, Mar 23, 2023
  2. XON
    Xon Win User

BSOD while gaming

Getting freezing and slowdown and BSOD. Happens in certain games. Sometimes it happens every session. Sometimes it doesn't Dumps point to nvlddmkm.sys and ntoskrnl.exe. Bug String is SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Bug code is 0x10000007e. Attached are the files generated from the BSOD analysis suggested here.

Updated drivers but it didn't seem to affect it.

3. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

Resolving Blue Screen errors in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 23, 2023
  4. HellFyr Win User

Getting BSOD only on certain games

BSOD_while gaming on certain games only

Getting BSOD with error Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap while playing certain games only. Rest work fine. Please help.

HellFyr, Mar 23, 2023
Thema:

Getting BSOD only on certain games

1. Getting BSOD only on certain games - Similar Threads - Getting BSOD certain

2. Getting BSOD only on certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting BSOD only on certain games: So I am getting BSOD only when I am playing certain games. The two ive noticed are FIFA 23 and Battlefield 5. I have played RDR2, Facry, GTA and have had no issues. My CPU and GPU temps are 70-80cs when playing these games. Getting BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER and...
  3. BSoD only whilst playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD only whilst playing certain games: I've been getting BSoD errors whilst playing specific games at the moment in time, it is the final fantasy pixel remaster series whilst running fine on many more games that are more taxing, the really annoying thing is that most BSoD's stay stuck at 0% so it doesn't create a...
  4. BSoD only whilst playing certain games

BSoD only whilst playing certain games: I've been getting BSoD errors whilst playing specific games at the moment in time, it is the final fantasy pixel remaster series whilst running fine on many more games that are more taxing, the really annoying thing is that most BSoD's stay stuck at 0% so it doesn't create a...
  5. BSoD only whilst playing certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. BSOD only when playing certain games!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD only when playing certain games!!!: I have been having a BSOD issue every couple weeks where I will start up specific games and within an hour or two, I experience a BSOD crash. I am not sure of what to do as my research capabilities comprehension really... has hit a brick wall. I have attached my Minidump...
  7. BSOD only when playing certain games!!!

BSOD only when playing certain games!!!: I have been having a BSOD issue every couple weeks where I will start up specific games and within an hour or two, I experience a BSOD crash. I am not sure of what to do as my research capabilities comprehension really... has hit a brick wall. I have attached my Minidump...
  8. BSOD only when playing certain games!!!

9. BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 only with certain games

BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 only with certain games: Hello! I need help. I have a system that runs fine 95% of the time but creates an BSOD while playing certain games.First I thought it was the system. I recently changed CPU, Motherboard and Ram. After finding a question here with similar problems I tried the suggested method...
  10. BSOD only when playing certain games.

BSOD only when playing certain games.: Hi. I have had BSOD for a few months now, and it only happens when I play some games and not others. The BSOD is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I attached some screenshots of the .dmp file from Event Viewer and another from a blue screen support viewer. Any help would be great. My...