Windows 10: Getting BSOD repeatedly after 20H2 update

Discus and support Getting BSOD repeatedly after 20H2 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I very frequently get BSOD ever since the 20H2 update error: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL I have read about this from others' questions on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by luffysanOP, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Getting BSOD repeatedly after 20H2 update

I very frequently get BSOD ever since the 20H2 update

error: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL

I have read about this from others' questions on the forum and tried the solutions provided. I have clean installed my graphics drivers after completely removing them. After re installing, the problem disappeared for a few weeks. But now it seems to have returned.

Here's the link to zipped minidump:

BSOD_Minidump

From what I have observed, I usually get this BSOD when watching Youtube videos on Edgechromium.

The BSOD doesn't even seem to complete. It goes 100% and stays stuck like that for 20 mins. I always have to force shutdown.

Don't know if this is useful but, I have set all apps to run on integrated graphics by default on Nvidia control panel. Only games and a few CAD applications can use the Nvidia GPU.

:)

luffysanOP, Dec 19, 2020
  2. sam11k Win User

20H2 Update BSOD Problem -While Trying the Updating

Hello,

I have a BSOD Problem. While I trying to update my Windows 10 from 1909 to 20H2 I always get BSOD at updating screen.

Already done with cmd command restore health and sfc scan but nothing happened

Here is a link of my minidump and .nfo files. bsod

Thank you all

sam11k, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Dec 19, 2020
  4. Getting BSOD repeatedly after 20H2 update

Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Getting BSOD repeatedly after 20H2 update

1. Getting BSOD repeatedly after 20H2 update - Similar Threads - Getting BSOD repeatedly

2. Repeatedly getting BSOD after 15 min to an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeatedly getting BSOD after 15 min to an hour: Can I have some help diagnosing the cause of my BSODs? I am dualbooting on my PC into Windows 11 to see if it would help with my BSOD issues but I still seem to get them after 15 minutes - 1 hour use. It's rather sporadic. I've linked my minidump as someone in this forum has...
  3. Repeatedly getting BSOD after 15 min to an hour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeatedly getting BSOD after 15 min to an hour: Can I have some help diagnosing the cause of my BSODs? I am dualbooting on my PC into Windows 11 to see if it would help with my BSOD issues but I still seem to get them after 15 minutes - 1 hour use. It's rather sporadic. I've linked my minidump as someone in this forum has...
  4. Repeated BSOD and failed updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated BSOD and failed updates: Hi,My laptop MSI running Windows 10 has been seriously playing up lately. I've now had about 10 blue screen crashes in the last 30 minutes and haven't been able to keep the laptop on for more than about 5 minutes at a time! I've had similar problems before, caused by some...
  5. Cumulative Update Version 20H2 Repeatedly Fails to Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cumulative Update Version 20H2 Repeatedly Fails to Install: Over the last few weeks, update 20H2 has installed, failed to run, then uninstalled itself at least five times. This morning, I woke up to a BSOD, likely related to this or the fact that Windows Update is also complaining about not being able to install update 21H1 which, I...
  6. Keep getting a BSOD in the middle of Windows 10 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep getting a BSOD in the middle of Windows 10 20H2 update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/brandonl2748 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mkccw5/keep_getting_a_bsod_in_the_middle_of_windows_10/
  7. BSODs after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSODs after 20H2 update: Getting a lot of BSODs after updating to 20H2. It happens right after start/restart PC, after it shows log on screen, in a few seconds it goes blank then back with a BSOD, saying "Page Fault In Nonpaged Area". I've zipped minidump and uploaded it to my Onedrive here:...
  8. Laptop getting slow after the 20H2 Update.

Laptop getting slow after the 20H2 Update.: It is a shame that, Windows, who boasts itself as supreme operating system can't handle updates. I can tell you for sure that Windows 10 is slower than its predecessors. My laptop is a HP Pavilion x360 with i5-8th Gen and a 8GB RAM with 4GB DDR. It is just 2 years old and...
  9. Memory_Management BSOD after Windows Updated version 20H2

Memory_Management BSOD after Windows Updated version 20H2: I was having issue to update my Windows 10 since quite sometime now and I was advised to go for a system in-place upgrade. Last night I was able to do that and now I have the latest Windows 20H2 thank to al who helped get over that issue. Now today I faced my first BSOD...
  10. HDD related BSODs after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD related BSODs after 20H2 update: This is the fourth time I'm having a crash. Everything hangs up for like 25 minutes before BSOD. I don't have an error code or minidump, because it just don't want to save itself after a BSOD and every BSOD is visible for like 0.3 of a second. It started crashing after I...