Windows 10: Getting BSOD WDF_Violation for no apparent reason when working on laptop

Discus and support Getting BSOD WDF_Violation for no apparent reason when working on laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As the title says, for some reason, I get a BSOD randomly whenever I'm working. My laptop model is HP OMEN 15 en-0023dx, and here are the minidump... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 23renn, Jan 24, 2021.

1. 23renn Win User

Getting BSOD WDF_Violation for no apparent reason when working on laptop

As the title says, for some reason, I get a BSOD randomly whenever I'm working. My laptop model is HP OMEN 15 en-0023dx, and here are the minidump files:

https://elmbrookschools-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/23renn_elmbrookstudents_org/EpSDQjylgIlOuiqcPD8ES0kBCI2ItHOnGK_K8n-TCJcFyw?e=SDWdt6

If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

:)

23renn, Jan 24, 2021

2. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Jan 24, 2021
  3. WDF_Violation

Sometimes when I adjust the volume level on my Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite keyboard, I get a BSOD that says WDF_Violation. Any ideas on the cause?

Joel Vogt (Joel.Vogt), Jan 24, 2021
  4. Getting BSOD WDF_Violation for no apparent reason when working on laptop

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Getting BSOD WDF_Violation for no apparent reason when working on laptop

1. Getting BSOD WDF_Violation for no apparent reason when working on laptop - Similar Threads - Getting BSOD WDF_Violation

2. Multiple BSOD with no apparent reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD with no apparent reason: Hi, recently my PC encounters more and more BSODFirst BSOD was "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" that happened dozens of timesThan new code "KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION" just onceAnd the latest one "ATTEMPTED_WRITEN_TO_READONLY_MEMORY"I have reinstalled my GPU driver after...
  3. Experiencing Frequent BSOD for No Apparent Reason

Experiencing Frequent BSOD for No Apparent Reason: Hello, I've been experiencing random BSOD errors for about four months now, on two separate computers. Originally, I thought since my last computer was old that there was a hardware failure, and upgraded my computer. Unfortunately, I'm now experience BSOD errors with...
  4. WDF_VIOLATION BSOD

WDF_VIOLATION BSOD: Hi there, I'm getting a regular bluescreen on Windows 10 64 Bit that states WDF_VIOLATION. It's an Asus ZenBook Duo Laptop. Here's the minidump from the blue screen. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtyO24sckYYVujytSNyToUlwJJiK?e=e6AVmR Can anyone help me narrow this down to a...
  5. Wifi quit working for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi quit working for no apparent reason: My wifi just randomly **** the bed and quit working on my laptop for no apparent reason. I used the internet with no problem and then a few hours later—nothing. I did not make any changes at all. The wifi is working on my phone, and other laptops in the house. The little...
  6. BSOD WDF_violation

BSOD WDF_violation: Hello friends! Recently I rolled back my disk C. After restoring file system the problem occurred – BSOD WDF_violation during restart Windows. I tried to open minidump with BluescreenView and have found the problem is in files wdf01000.sys and ntoskrnl.exe How can I fix...
  7. F1-F12 not working after getting WDF_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    F1-F12 not working after getting WDF_VIOLATION: Hi Good day! I pulled my Mice out of my Unit and I got Blue screen WDF_VIOLATION, now I'm having problem with F1-F12 when running Logitech G hub in the background, however if G Hub is off, F1-F12 keys are fine working, I think the WDF_VIOLATION erased something or corrupt a...
  8. BSOD: WDF_VIOLATION

BSOD: WDF_VIOLATION: hi,i need help , i have graphic card 2080|rtx ti, everything worked great until 3 days ago. wanted to update the Card driver since then everything gone bad! the card disappear from windows as he never exist, i made restart to the windows (and hoping for the best) and no...
  9. BSOD WDF_Violation

BSOD WDF_Violation: Hello, I have this error on pc. This is my first post and thank you for your attention.
  10. wdf_violation BSOD

wdf_violation BSOD: I use Win 10, recently updated to 1903, on an Asus notebook. After updating to version 1903 and then using IObit Driver Booster to update some drivers (I don I get wdf_violation BSOD when restarting or on shutdown and sleep. I don't remember the drivers which got updated in...