Windows 10: Getting BSoD when installing Intel Graphics Driver

Discus and support Getting BSoD when installing Intel Graphics Driver in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm getting a BSoD on Windows 10 when I'm trying to install Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3600. The first BSoD error happened in the middle of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by .lennet, May 11, 2020.

1. .lennet Win User

Getting BSoD when installing Intel Graphics Driver

I'm getting a BSoD on Windows 10 when I'm trying to install Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3600.

The first BSoD error happened in the middle of the installation with the error: UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP

I rebooted and tried again. Lauched the installation, it worked this time, but when I try to boot, it gets a BSoD again with the error: VIDEO TDR FAILURE

It's on a loop and I have to rollback the driver through safe mode.

PS: I checked the Memory Diagnostic Tool, no errors were found.

Any solution to this?

:)

.lennet, May 11, 2020

2. Intel Graphic Driver Update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• What exactly happens when you launch the game?
    • Do you get any error message?

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 11, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to detect Intel Graphics 630 drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that Intel HD Graphics 630 drivers are not getting detected on your computer.

As you have mentioned that you get an error no compatible device found when trying to update driver, I would suggest you to check if there is any hidden device for Intel HD Graphics 630 in the Device Manager. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and hit
      Enter.
    3. Click on View and click on
      Show hidden devices
    4. Go to Display adapters and expand it.
    5. Now, check if Intel HD Graphics driver is listed as
      greyed out device.
    6. If you see the Intel HD Graphics driver, right click on the driver and select Update Driver.
    7. Restart the PC.

I would also suggest you to check in BIOS if the option for Integrated Graphics is disabled. If the option is disabled, I would suggest you to enable and check.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems
    resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 11, 2020
  4. Getting BSoD when installing Intel Graphics Driver

Windows 10 upgrade fail BSOD - AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics - Sony Vaio SVE14A26C

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Windows 10 will run on a PC with AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) graphics.

Since Sony has confirmed that you might face BSOD with AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics SVE14A* computer model. I would suggest you to disable one of the graphic card driver and then try upgrading to Windows 10 and check.

For disabling one of the graphic card follow the steps .

Uninstall the Device Drivers :

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c) Search for the Graphics Card device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
    the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted

Hope it helps.

Reply us back with the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Getting BSoD when installing Intel Graphics Driver

1. Getting BSoD when installing Intel Graphics Driver - Similar Threads - Getting BSoD installing

2. BSOD when installing graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when installing graphics driver: I have a problem where my PC runs into a BSOD whenever I install or update my GPU. I would really appreciate to have an idea how to fix it.The dump files are here:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoPeHjzYobZigQrUP6eVpI0okNj_?e=jgiDHb...
  3. BSOD when installing graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when installing graphics driver: I have a problem where my PC runs into a BSOD whenever I install or update my GPU. I would really appreciate to have an idea how to fix it.The dump files are here:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoPeHjzYobZigQrUP6eVpI0okNj_?e=jgiDHb...
  4. BSOD when installing graphics driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. intel graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    intel graphics drivers: why did updating my intel graphics driver cause my game to freeze and crash? how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-graphics-drivers/55e0356e-a2a4-4eb2-b4a7-ff1d80810055
  6. Windows 11 Pro "Memory Managment" BSOD when installing Intel Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro "Memory Managment" BSOD when installing Intel Graphics Driver: Everytime I install the Windows DCH Graphics Driver from Intel I get a Memory Management BSOD at the end of the installation process. Windows and all BIOS and drivers are up to date.System is an Intel NUC11i7TNK. No overclocking or any custom settings applied.Link to mini...
  7. unable to install intel graphic driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to install intel graphic driver: im getting the error " your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements to install this software " while installing the display driver [ATTACH] can you please tell me why im getting the error ? ,in the device manager --> display drivers i cannot see the...
  8. Latest Intel Graphics Drivers not installing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Latest Intel Graphics Drivers not installing: Running win 10 home 1809 os build 17763.529 When trying to update my Intel graphics card to the latest through the Intel Driver and Support assistant I am met when trying to install it with the message "this driver is not supported" any solutions out there please? Intel...
  9. Latest Intel Graphics Drivers not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest Intel Graphics Drivers not installing: Running win 10 home 1809 os build 17763.529 When trying to update my Intel graphics card to the latest through the Intel Driver and Support assistant I am met when trying to install it with the message "this driver is not supported" any solutions out there please? Intel...
  10. BSOD when Graphics Drivers installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when Graphics Drivers installed: My computer was frequently BSODing under Windows 7. I thought that my Windows install was bad, so I bought a new SSD hard drive and installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on it. Everything worked well until my video driver auto installed itself (Radeon HD 5870) and then Windos...