Windows 10: Getting BSOD with stop code IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE when transferring files to USB...

Discus and support Getting BSOD with stop code IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE when transferring files to USB... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been spinning my wheels and trying everything for days, including all of the suggested fixes just short of completely reinstalling Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kbang_e6, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Kbang_e6 Win User

Getting BSOD with stop code IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE when transferring files to USB...

I have been spinning my wheels and trying everything for days, including all of the suggested fixes just short of completely reinstalling Windows 10

Setup: I am a video producer. I have 2 12TB RAID drives manufactured by Glyph, these are formatted for Mac HFSJ and I use MacDrive 10 to connect and work from them. I have other NTFS external and internal drives for backups and other data storage. I also have a HDD dock by Sabrent to do other backups and footage imports from cameras.

This setup has worked perfectly for me up until 5 days ago when I reconfigured the setup of my desk and moved my computer and drives around and reconnected everything back up. Suddenly now, when I try to copy files from the dock to the external Glyphs it goes OK for a minute and then BSOD's with the IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE or at minimum it seems to "corrupt" the receiving drive which I then have to repair with MacDrive.

So you'd think it was the HDD dock then, right? Not so fast. The dock seems to be able to transfer files just fine to external and internal drives that are not formatted for Mac. And when copying from an NTFS drive to either of the HFSJ Drives with the dock turned off completely the same crash or corruption happens again. But if copying from the HFSJ drives to NTFS drives again, there is no issue.

This leads me to think MacDrive is an issue but I upgraded to the pro version and reinstalled and the issue is still there.

So I have tried this:

Tons of tests between hard drives
    SFC Scannow

Updating windows completely

Upgrading MacDrive with multiple fresh installs

Deleting old software

Updating all drivers

Trying third party system scan tools to find deep errors and corrupted files found some and supposedly fixed them

Running the memory diagnostic no issues with RAM

Running driver verifier. Driver verifier said "What failed: MDFSYSNT.sys" This driver seems to be both very old but also somehow used by MacDrive. I can't find anything on how to fix or update it specifically.

I am running out of possibilities here and really don't want to have to reinstall everything especially if it might be a hardware issue. Any help would be very appreciated.

:)

Kbang_e6, Mar 5, 2020
  2. seanvree Win User

Blue screen: "IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE "

I'm getting a random BSOD on my Dell XPS PC running windows 10 Pro:

"IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE "

this is happening twice a day. I've updated all my drivers and uninstalled any programs that aren't compatible with windows 10.

Any other suggestions?

seanvree, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Steevo Win User
    Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Getting BSOD with stop code IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE when transferring files to USB...

Jacek Śmigiel, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Getting BSOD with stop code IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE when transferring files to USB...

1. Getting BSOD with stop code IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE when transferring files to USB... - Similar Threads - Getting BSOD stop

2. Constantly getting Stop Codes/BSODs when playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constantly getting Stop Codes/BSODs when playing a game: I've recently installed a new hard drive and boosted my RAM to help my PC's speed. But now whenever I go to play a game I have Fallout 4, I always get a stop code of some kind shortly after I start playing; usually 45m or so after I boot the game up. They're labeled as...
  3. BSODs Win 11, IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE , IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs Win 11, IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE , IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ,...: Hi, ~10 days ago, seemingly out of nowhere I started getting BSODs. The messages were: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - What failed: ntoskrnl.exe BAD_POOL_CALLER KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - What failed: FLTMGR.SYS The only thing I had changed recently was...
  4. BSOD IRQL_NOT_Less_OR_EQUAL and IRQL_GT_Zero_At_SYSTEM_SERVICE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_Less_OR_EQUAL and IRQL_GT_Zero_At_SYSTEM_SERVICE: Hello! I just did a PC reset and I'm still experiencing BSODs IRQL_NOT_Less_OR_EQUAL and IRQL_GT_Zero_At_SYSTEM_SERVICE Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-irqlnotlessorequal-and/fffd171b-8f48-4270-a37d-2af65be5cc89
  5. BSOD IRQL_NOT_Less_OR_EQUAL and IRQL_GT_Zero_At_SYSTEM_SERVICE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_Less_OR_EQUAL and IRQL_GT_Zero_At_SYSTEM_SERVICE: Hello! I just did a PC reset and I'm still experiencing BSODs IRQL_NOT_Less_OR_EQUAL and IRQL_GT_Zero_At_SYSTEM_SERVICE Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-irqlnotlessorequal-and/fffd171b-8f48-4270-a37d-2af65be5cc89
  6. BSOD IRQL_NOT_Less_OR_EQUAL and IRQL_GT_Zero_At_SYSTEM_SERVICE

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. BSOD IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE: Hi, Please help me to check this error. I don't know but I always get bsod when I do light work like browsing or watch some movies, but I don't get bsod while playing games. I already check memory health with Memtest86 and windows memory diagnostic and i got no issues. I...
  8. IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE

IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE: For the first time on my windows 10 computer I got this blue screen after using the repair function in the office 2007 software because I noticed that the office applications from office 2007 prof. were very slow in starting up(12 seconds) "IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE"...
  9. Random BSODs (irql_gt_zero_at_system_service and system_service_except

Random BSODs (irql_gt_zero_at_system_service and system_service_except: Hello, I have been receiving very random BSODs today, it started wheb i was plugging a mouse into the usb port. My laptop hang/freeze and then showed a BSOD (irql_gt_zero_at_system_service). When i force a restart by clicking on the power button, when it reached the windows...
  10. Irql_gt_zero_at_system_service

Irql_gt_zero_at_system_service: The latest BSOD on my PC is IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE. What action should I take to remedy this, please? 31301