Windows 10: Getting BSODs after fresh reinstall of Windows due to BSODs

Discus and support Getting BSODs after fresh reinstall of Windows due to BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I started getting random blue screens lately and I can't pinpoint what it is exactly. I ran some driver verifier tests so I have a result from that,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by confusedpatridge, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Getting BSODs after fresh reinstall of Windows due to BSODs

I started getting random blue screens lately and I can't pinpoint what it is exactly. I ran some driver verifier tests so I have a result from that, and then I reinstalled windows and got a irql_not_less... BSOD soon after.

Before reinstalling windows I got into a boot loop due to driver verifier crashing instantly, and sfc /scannow always returned "found corrupt files but unable to fix." I also ran chkdsk which repaired some things but didn't solve the issue.

I ran memtest overnight without any errors so I don't think it's the ram. I got various different messages so I can post all 3-4 minidumps, although only the most recent reflects my reinstall BSOD.

here are the 4 files. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PHGG-ZhSBGdtkBWGe6JST1x6zLY7o0a6?usp=sharing

:)

confusedpatridge, Aug 10, 2020

2. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Aug 10, 2020
  3. trickson Win User
    7 different BSoD

First off this is what I went through once I installed them 11.1 drivers . BSOD till I had to reinstall the OS .
    It seems that some maybe missing the point here this STARTED for you after you installed the 11.1 drivers and then as it would seem you are getting them after a clean install of the old drivers . Correct ? If so have you wiped the HDD and did a clean install of the OS ?
    If not then I would do this before thinking your cards are going out .

trickson, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Getting BSODs after fresh reinstall of Windows due to BSODs

BSODs yet again

To clarify,

Previously I had BSOD issues while gaming then I formatted the PC (seemed to have been a driver issue).
    After reinstalling windows, I didn't have any BSODs for a while until just yesterday.

Since it's a fresh install, all drivers are up to date as well, I can only guess that it's a hardware issue (the 0x00007 thing is apparently hardware). Will post the full 0x strings when I get home.

Heldelance, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Getting BSODs after fresh reinstall of Windows due to BSODs

1. Getting BSODs after fresh reinstall of Windows due to BSODs - Similar Threads - Getting BSODs fresh

2. Keep getting BSOD after fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting BSOD after fresh install: I have tried memtest and driver verifier nothing seems to be able to identify the problem.here are a few dumpshttps://1drv.ms/f/s!AnZ7wzN6iCUxmzk8_uMUqUC37iA5?e=6XExAu...
  3. Keep getting BSOD after fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting BSOD after fresh install: I have tried memtest and driver verifier nothing seems to be able to identify the problem.here are a few dumpshttps://1drv.ms/f/s!AnZ7wzN6iCUxmzk8_uMUqUC37iA5?e=6XExAu...
  4. fresh reinstall but still getting BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fresh reinstall but still getting BSOD: Was getting a BSOD about a couple of times a week from a bug check error so I just reinstalled Windows 10 and was in the process of reinstalling software when the BSOD came up again with the below error.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124...
  5. fresh reinstall but still getting BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fresh reinstall but still getting BSOD: Was getting a BSOD about a couple of times a week from a bug check error so I just reinstalled Windows 10 and was in the process of reinstalling software when the BSOD came up again with the below error.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124...
  6. fresh reinstall but still getting BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Getting BSOD due to nvlddmkm.sys

Getting BSOD due to nvlddmkm.sys: Recently I have been getting constant BSOD's due to a file called nvlddmkm.sys failing, after looking through C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository I've found the file, however there is two of them with one being added on 3/17/23 and the other which was added on...
  8. Computer keeps on BSOD even after fresh reinstall.

Computer keeps on BSOD even after fresh reinstall.: Just like the title says. I have recieve Clock watchdog timeout error and kernal security check failure. Mini dump here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkFNm46gv533gc8Z5Q0owsPwsfO64g?e=CWiLxp...
  9. Recently fresh installed Windows 10 due to BSOD, but still getting them.

Recently fresh installed Windows 10 due to BSOD, but still getting them.: I built a custom PC a few months ago and its gotten BSOD's occasionally. However, recently I've been getting them a lot and I'm not sure why. I fresh installed Windows today and put in all the latest drivers the motherboard manufacturer recommended:...
  10. BSOD's intermittently after fresh reinstall

BSOD's intermittently after fresh reinstall: Hello, any help would be greatly appreciated as this frustrating problem has been happening for months. So I have a Toshiba Z20T-B laptop with a copy of Windows 10 Pro reinstalled only 3 days ago. The problems were occurring before that too. The computer has BSOD'd...