Windows 10: Getting BSODs Every Few Days

Discus and support Getting BSODs Every Few Days in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, For the past 6 months I have been getting the odd BSOD on Windows 10. I've updated all drivers I could think of and have run MemTest several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IsTofor, Aug 5, 2020.

1. IsTofor Win User

Getting BSODs Every Few Days

Hi,

For the past 6 months I have been getting the odd BSOD on Windows 10. I've updated all drivers I could think of and have run MemTest several times even overnight but my memory always passes with no errors.

My hardware:

CPU: Ryzen 3700X

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570

Video card: nVidia GTX 1070

RAM: 16 GB DDR3200

Here is the link to the crash dump file:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Art23OJoqxWv1hyQ6sxTxN0T2HdC?e=cptK2N

Desperate for help because the BSODs are becoming more common.

Thanks for any help or guidance!

:)

IsTofor, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Voric Win User

BSOD every few days

Hi,

For the past year I've been getting BSOD about every 5-10 days.

I suspected the RAM might be the problem but all tests I ran show it is working properly.

After some digging I found a topic about driver verifier and after following the steps and restarting I could not get into windows in normal mode because of blue screens.

Here are some dump files I saved.

Other errors I've seen are:

system service exception

attempted execute of no execute memory

Can anyone help me identify and fix the problem?

Voric, Aug 5, 2020
  3. axe0 Win User
    BSOD Every few days. Usually SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.

Hi Gaklord,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please remove MSI Afterburner, this software is known for causing BSOD's.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Getting BSODs Every Few Days [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

Have you tried a clean install after upgrading?

axe0, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Getting BSODs Every Few Days

Various BSODs every few days

Hello I have been getting random BSODs for the past couple weeks, been trying to figure it out on my own but I feel like it is time to ask for some help.

Recently the BSOD had the error message KERNAL_SECURITY-CHECK-FAILURE. I rebooted with Driver Verifier and got the message DRIVER-VERIFIER-DETECTED-VIOLATION.

I've reinstalled various drivers and such with no luck so far. I only get a blue screen once every few days so it takes awhile to find out whether the problem is fixed.

Looking at BlueScreenView it looks like the problem files were different every time. afd.sys, rt640x64.sys, NTFS.sys, atikmdag.sys. Each one has ntoskrnl.exe though.

At this point I'm thinking some kind of hardware failure, years ago on a different computer when I had random BSODs it was caused by CPU failure but I'm not sure how to best narrow that down, or even if that is the right direction. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when the BSODs take place, I am usually able to use my computer for several days before one occurs.

Any help is much appreciated, over time I may be able to solve this on my own but I'm pretty overwhelmed right now so I didn't want to try to fix this alone anymore. Let me know if you need anything else.

Attachment 56622

Clevername02, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Getting BSODs Every Few Days

1. Getting BSODs Every Few Days - Similar Threads - Getting BSODs Every

2. Every few days BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every few days BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION ntoskrnl.exe: So my new PC seemed to "restart" every few days. I just realized those are BSODs.So every 1-7 days the computer BSODs.Windows 10.I've attached the information, please let me know if there is something missing.https://ufile.io/zpld5krm Includes the 4 BSODs that...
  3. I get BSOD every few days.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get BSOD every few days.: i9 12900K/RTX 3080/64GB DDR4Here are these dumps.https://www.dropbox.com/s/gt5mrzbxhje9cbb/minidump.zip?dl=0Hope someone help me find the reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-bsod-every-few-days/2fd7fa56-0609-48f4-8548-7f40081c270a
  4. I get BSOD every few days.

I get BSOD every few days.: i9 12900K/RTX 3080/64GB DDR4Here are these dumps.https://www.dropbox.com/s/gt5mrzbxhje9cbb/minidump.zip?dl=0Hope someone help me find the reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-bsod-every-few-days/2fd7fa56-0609-48f4-8548-7f40081c270a
  5. Random BSODs every few days

Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  6. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  7. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Getting a BSOD every day

Getting a BSOD every day: Hello,Over the last week, I've gotten a BSOD every night. I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon and I was able to run WinDbg and I get the following:nt!KeBugCheckEx:fffff804`66df6c20 48894c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rcx ss:0018:fffff909`c68eea00=000000000000014f4: kd> !analyze...
  9. BSODs Every Few Days

BSODs Every Few Days: Hello, I recently upgraded my PC with new mobo/gpu/cpu/ram, and have been having BSODs on and off since. They have only happened when I was away from the computer, so I didn't realize they were happening until one occurred while my wife was using Autodesk Revit. She has...
  10. Various BSODs every few days

Various BSODs every few days: Hello I have been getting random BSODs for the past couple weeks, been trying to figure it out on my own but I feel like it is time to ask for some help. Recently the BSOD had the error message KERNAL_SECURITY-CHECK-FAILURE. I rebooted with Driver Verifier and got the...