Windows 10: Getting BSODs since I installed new CPU and SSD

Discus and support Getting BSODs since I installed new CPU and SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep getting BSODs after installing new SSDSamsung EVO 860 and CPU i5 4670. I have reinstalled fresh install and updated Windows 10, updated all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aerowei, Apr 13, 2020.

1. aerowei Win User

Getting BSODs since I installed new CPU and SSD

I keep getting BSODs after installing new SSDSamsung EVO 860 and CPU i5 4670. I have reinstalled fresh install and updated Windows 10, updated all my drivers and firmware of SSD. The crashes have mostly happened while playing CS:GO 3 times and one time while using Zoom. My CPU/GPU temperatures seem normal, so I do not think that is the cause. The error that I saw on the BSOD screen was "store data structure corruption".

Here is the .dump file if that helps https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq8G610IpmtziG3UNHUItMkQiOHs?e=tmAVbi

:)

aerowei, Apr 13, 2020
  2. konyciua Win User

Getting all kinds of BSOD while installing Windows 10 on an empty SSD

I was receiving a BSOD every 1-4 weeks (while working on Windows 10), wasn't able to figure out the cause of it. Tested RAM, SSD, all were good and I didn't pay too much attention.

Yesterday I've received another BSOD, didn't mind it, PC restarted and I saw a Windows message of "Automatic repair", which then resulted into "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.". Left it there for another 10 or so hours - it
    was still running. Shut down the PC, took out the SSD (Samsung EVO 850, bought 6 months ago), backed up all the data, cleaned it, formatted and now trying to install windows on an empty SSD. Using a USB. These are the BSODs that I'm currently receiving when
    trying to launch a Windows installation (by the way, same BSODs were appearing earlier "when everything was fine"):

• IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
    • SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION
    • KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE
    • NTFS FILE SYSTEM
    • MULTIPLE IRP COMPLETE REQUESTS
    • BAD POOL HEADER
    Already tried:

• reformatting the SSD
    • reformatting the USB and flashing Windows installation to it
    • tried using another USB
    • switching RAM sticks (in total there are 4 of them, 8 GB each)
    • BIOS default
    PC parts:

• Motherboard: Asus B350-PLUS
    • CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700
    • RAM: G.Skill Flare X DDR4-2400 (4x8GB)
    • SSD: Samsung 850 EVO (500 GB)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

konyciua, Apr 13, 2020
  3. X-PhilS Win User
    Z Book BSOD with Second SSD Drive

Hi all

I have an issue with an HP Z Book. It is a new Generation 6 device and came with a pre-installed second SSD drive.

All worked fine until I tried to put our corporate image onto the primary OS SSD.

Firstly, the new OS installed onto the secondary SSD rather than the primary.

So I disconnected/removed the secondary, recreated the partition on the primary and loaded our stock OS.

The machine now works absolutely fine, as long as I do not try to re-introduce the second SSD drive.

If I reinstall this, the machine boots up OK for a second or two and then BSOD's.

Can anyone suggest the reason for this issue - the BSOD message reported a kernel error.

Any ideas on steps to take to resolve this?

Thanks

Phil

X-PhilS, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Getting BSODs since I installed new CPU and SSD - Similar Threads - Getting BSODs since

2. BSOD after installing new cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after installing new cpu: So after instaling new cpu and m2 drive frequent BSOD startet appearing right after booting up the pc there were about 4 different ones most of the time it said MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTIONS but also the others that i have saved are CLOCK WATCHDOG. TIMEOUT, KERNEL SECURITY CHECH...
  3. BSOD since Windows 11 and new SSD disk

BSOD since Windows 11 and new SSD disk: Hello,Ive been getting constant BSOD, usually with IRQL less or equal. Sometimes different ones, related to the Kernel. Ive updated windows, drivers. Checked disk, checken memory. The problem usually occurs when started things that have graphics, like movies or games. Running...
  4. BSOD since Windows 11 and new SSD disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD since Windows 11 and new SSD disk: Hello,Ive been getting constant BSOD, usually with IRQL less or equal. Sometimes different ones, related to the Kernel. Ive updated windows, drivers. Checked disk, checken memory. The problem usually occurs when started things that have graphics, like movies or games. Running...
  5. BSOD after installing new CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after installing new CPU: I've been getting a blue screen with service system exception periodically after installing a new CPU, any assistance with understanding the problem would be appreciated.I've updated my system BIOS and the chipset driver for my mobo, but it still randomly crashed after a...
  6. BSOD after installing new CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after installing new CPU: I've been getting a blue screen with service system exception periodically after installing a new CPU, any assistance with understanding the problem would be appreciated.I've updated my system BIOS and the chipset driver for my mobo, but it still randomly crashed after a...
  7. BSOD after install of new CPU

BSOD after install of new CPU: Hello, I recently installed a new CPU, after doing so I was excited to play games with better performance.Before buying the CPU I made sure I checked that everything should be compatible and it was, I bought it as a prebuilt and went on the “Upgrade your PC and picked it from...
  8. BSOD after install of new CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after install of new CPU: Hello, I recently installed a new CPU, after doing so I was excited to play games with better performance.Before buying the CPU I made sure I checked that everything should be compatible and it was, I bought it as a prebuilt and went on the “Upgrade your PC and picked it from...
  9. Getting alot of bsods after installing new SSD

Getting alot of bsods after installing new SSD: I recently installed a 500gb SSD by western digital into my computer and threw windows 10 on it, so overall I'd have better computer Performance. Since then I've been getting random bsods when using it. With error readings like nvlddmkm.sys, rtkbtfilter.sys....
  10. BSOD after installation of new cpu

BSOD after installation of new cpu: I recently purchased a Ryzen 5 3600 to replace my Ryzen 3 1200 and I updated my BIOS to version F50a on my GA-X370 Gaming K5 motherboard but after I'd installed the new cpu my system went into a series of error messages*KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED*KERNEL SECURITY CHECK...