Windows 10: Getting bsod's sometimes, trying to figure out the cause

Discus and support Getting bsod's sometimes, trying to figure out the cause in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there,Sometime ago I upgraded my computer parts. Unfortunately ever since I have been getting some very random BSOD's. Sometimes it won't happen for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Liam Kruize, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Getting bsod's sometimes, trying to figure out the cause

Hi there,Sometime ago I upgraded my computer parts. Unfortunately ever since I have been getting some very random BSOD's. Sometimes it won't happen for a week, and then suddenly it might just happen 3 times in a single week for example.I have not been able to figure out where the problem lies. According to event viewer a bug check has happend, causing the system to reboot. I have two memory.dmp files to analyse if needed.Is anyone able to help me out? Thanks in advance.Contents of memory.dmp file:********************************************************************************

:)

Liam Kruize, Jan 25, 2023

2. How to figure out what is causing Windows 11 BugChecks

In the last few days my Windows 11 system has started to crash on a regular basis, and with various different BugCheck codes displayed on the BSOD, including:

• SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    • PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    I have exported the BugCheck entries from the System event log, and have copied and zipped a couple of MEMORY.DMP files, but I have no idea how to figure out what is causing the crashes.

Any suggestions are very welcome!

Thanks

Steve Ives, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Msap14 Win User
    BSOD Hardware Caused???

they do weird things like that, which all seem like something else is failing.
    One of the worst things to diagnose, they seem to only quit when they want to.

Memtest is a good next step, if you rule out RAM and Power Supply make sure you disconnect all unnecessary peripherals and try to start the system with as little hardware as possible, if it works then, you can narrow down the culprit by trial and error.

the follow was taken from some website:

It's very difficult to determine if a failure is caused by the CPU because many other components can cause the same symptom when they fail.

1. System fails to boot
    2. System re-boots intermittently
    3. General Protection Fault
    4. Illegal Operation
    5. Stop Error, or BSoD (Blue Screen OfDeath)

Actually, CPUs rarely fail, and about the only way to determine if the CPU is causing the failure is to swap it out with a known working CPU of the same type and speed. Since this is difficult, the best bet is to first rule out every other possibility.

Before suspecting the CPU, rule out all the possibilities listed below.

1. The Operating System
    2. A peripheral port device
    3. A bad memory module
    4. The hard disk drive
    5. The power supply
    6. The motherboard

If you have ruled out out all the other possibilities, investigate the items listed below.

1. Overheating
    2. A short circuit
    3. ESD

Msap14, Jan 25, 2023
  4. Getting bsod's sometimes, trying to figure out the cause

Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

Getting bsod's sometimes, trying to figure out the cause

1. Getting bsod's sometimes, trying to figure out the cause - Similar Threads - Getting bsod's sometimes

2. BSOD issues trying to figure out what is causing these

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD issues trying to figure out what is causing these: Hello,Hoping I can get some help with these BSOD files I am seeing recently. I tried to install Discord which is the latest one. Another one started happening after I installed a new GPU and the drivers are up to date. Just not sure what to do here. Thank you in advance to...
  3. BSOD issues trying to figure out what is causing these

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD issues trying to figure out what is causing these: Hello,Hoping I can get some help with these BSOD files I am seeing recently. I tried to install Discord which is the latest one. Another one started happening after I installed a new GPU and the drivers are up to date. Just not sure what to do here. Thank you in advance to...
  4. BSOD issues trying to figure out what is causing these

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSODs need help figuring out cause

BSODs need help figuring out cause: Hello, getting hit with BSODs relentlessly. Mostly memory management or irql less equal. But once also saw a kernel related stop code. Windows keeps crashing in couple of minutes of reboot. Also, was unsuccessful with resetting the OS -- the pc somehow restarted in the middle...
  6. Getting bsod's sometimes, trying to figure out the cause

Getting bsod's sometimes, trying to figure out the cause: Hi there,Sometime ago I upgraded my computer parts. Unfortunately ever since I have been getting some very random BSOD's. Sometimes it won't happen for a week, and then suddenly it might just happen 3 times in a single week for example.I have not been able to figure out where...
  7. Getting bsod's sometimes, trying to figure out the cause

Getting bsod's sometimes, trying to figure out the cause: Hi there,Sometime ago I upgraded my computer parts. Unfortunately ever since I have been getting some very random BSOD's. Sometimes it won't happen for a week, and then suddenly it might just happen 3 times in a single week for example.I have not been able to figure out where...
  8. BSoD on boot- can't figure out cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD on boot- can't figure out cause: Hi I often get errors on a cold startup such as: Critical process diedSystem service exceptionPage fault in non paged area Memory mngmnt etc. Then after I reboot, generally the error goes away and sometimes I have to use the disk checker to clear up any ssd corruption before...
  9. Can't figure out what's causing this BSOD

Can't figure out what's causing this BSOD: Can someone help me figure out what's causing this BSOD? It's Win 10 Pro (1909). I've made sure the drivers and BIOS are up to date already and ran sfc /scannow that did repair some errors. ************* Path validation summary ************** Response Time (ms) Location...
  10. BSOD help, Trying to figure out the cause.

BSOD help, Trying to figure out the cause.: Recently my computer upon booting up and just browsing youtube and streaming services online would BSOD within the first 5mins of the boot up. It has happened twice after having no effects previously other than GPU driver crashes which I'm pretty sure i fixed by changing...