Windows 10: Getting BSODs while gaming

Discus and support Getting BSODs while gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I started face BSOD while playing "Valorant", at first they were random crashes but they started becoming BSOD. They were only happening once a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kzrn0, May 14, 2020.

1. kzrn0 Win User

Getting BSODs while gaming

Hello, I started face BSOD while playing "Valorant", at first they were random crashes but they started becoming BSOD. They were only happening once a day but yesterday I faced multiple ones. This happened to me in the past with the game Overwatch, after reinstalling the GPU driver twice (running DDU both times) it stopped happening. Ran DDU and reinstalled the drivers yesterday but instead of fixing it I got even more crashes.

The "Memory Management" one has happened to me before while playing WoW, turns out one of my HDDs started failing and the BSOD coincided with some bad blocks. This drive was still in my PC when these crashes happened, but I have now removed it.

No recent hardware changes besides that. Running OC'd RAM and CPU for about 2 years and a half with no issues related to it yet.

Thank you in advance!

:)

kzrn0, May 14, 2020

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 14, 2020
  3. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, May 14, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Getting BSODs while gaming - Similar Threads - Getting BSODs while

2. Keep getting BSOD and freezes while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting BSOD and freezes while gaming: I have been getting numerous BSOD while gaming for the past few months. Most of the time I would also get hard freezes whereby everything completely locks up display/peripherals and a loud buzzing noise when it happens, to the point where I had to force shutdown my PC. Even...
  3. Getting BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSOD while playing games: I've been trying to play games but after an hour or so my computer BSODs and I see either IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_ERROR. Most of the time I see it being caused by ntoskrnl.exe and I don't know...
  4. Getting BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting BSOD while playing games: I've been trying to play games but after an hour or so my computer BSODs and I see either IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_ERROR. Most of the time I see it being caused by ntoskrnl.exe and I don't know...
  5. Getting BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. I get BSOD randomly while gaming

I get BSOD randomly while gaming: Hey everyone,Hope you are all doing well.I purchased a new PC about 2-3 months ago and since the start I kind of have been having issues with it Blue Screening randomly. It started of BSOD'ing while I was playing some games like Valorant or Project Zomboid and at some point...
  7. I get BSOD randomly while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get BSOD randomly while gaming: Hey everyone,Hope you are all doing well.I purchased a new PC about 2-3 months ago and since the start I kind of have been having issues with it Blue Screening randomly. It started of BSOD'ing while I was playing some games like Valorant or Project Zomboid and at some point...
  8. Getting BSOD while playing game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSOD while playing game.: I am constantly getting the BSOD while playing Valorant. I've been playing this game for last 8 months until an update from Windows.Specs:Dell Latitude E6530RAM: 8GBCPU; i5 3210M I've updated the windows and reinstalled the game even.I've analyzed the minidump file and it...
  9. Getting BSOD while gaming

Getting BSOD while gaming: So today I finished building my PC, everything runs normal and temps are fine. However, when I start playing demanding games, after 5 or 6 minutes I get the BSOD, it happened twice today. I already tried to analyze the crash dump but I'm a bit lost. I would appreciate some...
  10. Getting BSOD while playing games

Getting BSOD while playing games: Hello! I don't really know much about computers, so this entire process has been a little bit draining to work through as I'm trying to understand the content as I'm trying to fix the problem. Recently, I was playing BDL2 with a friend of mine when my PC blue screened out...