Windows 10: Getting Bug Check Issue Causing frequent BSOD.

Discus and support Getting Bug Check Issue Causing frequent BSOD. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Getting the following error in the event log: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef 0xffff9109887dd100,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rjh181818, Jul 10, 2020.

1. rjh181818 Win User

Getting Bug Check Issue Causing frequent BSOD.

Getting the following error in the event log:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef 0xffff9109887dd100, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: bb069790-7648-4f15-af2c-49372b6b8a11.

:)

rjh181818, Jul 10, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

BSOD/BUG Check 04F

Microsoft says:

M4 SSD's dropping off of mobos is stability issue, IMHO. I can replicate it, even, it's caused by making Intel MEI unstable, I think. It's not just M4's, either(I have two), you'll find nearly every SDD has one or two users with this problem. What happens, it seems, is TRIM command is sent to SDD, but it's not completed before the system shuts down, and loses power, and the queued command not being resolved causes the drive to disappear from BIOS.

as to BSOD codes, you can find the full list here. I just looked up your code.:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh994433(v=vs.85).aspx

cadaveca, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jul 10, 2020
  4. csatennis Win User

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Getting Bug Check Issue Causing frequent BSOD. - Similar Threads - Getting Bug Check

2. BSOD Issue, Critical_Process_Died or System_Service_Exception Bug Check, No Obvious Symptoms

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Issue, Critical_Process_Died or System_Service_Exception Bug Check, No Obvious Symptoms: Been having this issue for quite some time now. Have asked about it before but never got to the root of it, and it started to really bugging me again so figure I would try again. My laptop just keeps crashing once every few days, with either the bug check...
  3. Intermiddent BSoD caused by Intelppm.sys. Error: Machine Check Exception: bug check 9c

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermiddent BSoD caused by Intelppm.sys. Error: Machine Check Exception: bug check 9c: Greetings, I apologize for the wall of text, but if anyone can take the time to read I will greatly appreciate it. I'm having some very random BSoDs while playing one game, but never during any other games, or any other activity on the pc. Game in question is Honkai Impact...
  4. ntoskrnl.exe causing frequent BSODs

ntoskrnl.exe causing frequent BSODs: I've been having bluescreens when navigating the Windows UI, playing games, using Chrome or even when leaving my PC idle and ntoskrnl.exe seems to be the culprit but I can;t figure out what driver is causing it. I've tried just about everything recommended to solve the issue...
  5. Getting BSOD caused by driver hal.dll / Bug Check Code : 0x00000133 in Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting BSOD caused by driver hal.dll / Bug Check Code : 0x00000133 in Win 10: Hello Everyone, I am getting BSOD , I have checked minidump file in bluescreenview-x64 and come to know that hal.dll & ntoskrnl.exe+1c2380 are causing the BSOD. Could you help check which driver cause this problem?...
  6. Frequent BSOD caused by the same issue

Frequent BSOD caused by the same issue: Hi, I have been having frequent BSOD's on my computer and when I analyse the DMP files in WhoCrashed its being caused by the the same module each time. The item is ntoskrnl.exe Each one seems to have different bugcheck codes and i have tried speaking to a Microsoft...
  7. BSOD Bug Check

BSOD Bug Check: Ever since I installed the Windows 10 1903 update last 6/19/19 my Windows 10 Professional computer has started crashing seemingly at random and always displaying the same BSOD stopCode: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY (be) Before I installed the aforementioned update, I...
  8. Getting BSOD caused by hal.dll / Bug Check Code : 0x00000133 in Win 10

Getting BSOD caused by hal.dll / Bug Check Code : 0x00000133 in Win 10: please find below link for minidump https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvSVXZxEhsLGcSrkQMC8v41uuQE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-bsod-caused-by-haldll-bug-check-code/cb802c5b-cbf4-452e-9017-0bf3167204c8
  9. Frequent BSODs with different causes

Frequent BSODs with different causes: https://i.imgur.com/AO6BgPk.png Picture with general error names Attachment 79858 50368
  10. Chronic BSOD issues with multiple bug check strings

Chronic BSOD issues with multiple bug check strings: I upgraded my (ageing) Dell Studio XPS laptop from Windows 7 to 10 on day one and have had multiple BSOD issues ever since. They have included: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL MEMORY_MANAGEMENT DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION ...and many more. I have attached...