Windows 10: Getting classic Minesweeper working on windows 10

Discus and support Getting classic Minesweeper working on windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently I have managed to get an ancient computer working with a version of Windows ME installed on it working. I was hoping to get the classic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ExcessDesert429, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Getting classic Minesweeper working on windows 10

Recently I have managed to get an ancient computer working with a version of Windows ME installed on it working. I was hoping to get the classic minesweeper stored there working on Windows 10, and so copied the executable and the .ini config file; This has not worked. When I attempt to launch it windows returns a message saying simply "This app can't run on this PC". Any suggestions?

:)

ExcessDesert429, Apr 29, 2020
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

Microsoft Minesweeper doesn't work

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why you are having issues with Microsoft Minesweeper in Windows 10. It can be because of changes made or software conflicts.

For us to better assist you with this concern with Microsoft Minesweeper, we need to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue, you can refer to
    Catherine Cus.
    ' post on this
    link

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Dude Win User
  4. Pubabubba Win User

Getting classic Minesweeper working on windows 10

Minesweeper and Mahjong unavailable in Store

Minesweeper and mahjong were taken off when I updated to Windows 10, how do I get them back? They were both listed under Microsoft games on my HP Windows 7 and now only Spider and Solitaire are listed.

Op- Minesweeper and M

Pubabubba, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Getting classic Minesweeper working on windows 10

1. Getting classic Minesweeper working on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Getting classic Minesweeper

2. Please help get Paint Classic for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help get Paint Classic for Windows 10: I hate Paint 3D . . . . I know hate is a strong word to use for anything . . . . that being said it is the nicest thing I can find to say about Paint 3D. I find it useless and very aggravating to say the least. Why MS would replace a good program that works with one that is...
  3. Please help get Paint Classic for Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help get Paint Classic for Windows 10: I hate Paint 3D . . . . I know hate is a strong word to use for anything . . . . that being said it is the nicest thing I can find to say about Paint 3D. I find it useless and very aggravating to say the least. Why MS would replace a good program that works with one that is...
  4. Microsoft Minesweeper can't get achievements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Minesweeper can't get achievements: [ATTACH] [IMG] Can't get achievement for Microsoft Minesweeper "Win a game on each board size." I played easy-medium-expert without a loose and vice-versa. No effect. Statistics shows that I didn't played or won any games. But there is best times : Any thoughts?...
  5. Minesweeper and Solitaire on Windows 10, cannot get past advertisement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minesweeper and Solitaire on Windows 10, cannot get past advertisement: For the past 2 days, a new batch of advertisement is being presented in Microsoft Minesweeper and Microsoft Solitaire Collection which do not display correctly and you cannot get past. Typically the ads will display with a count down in the upper right hand corner from 30...
  6. Minesweeper

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minesweeper: I just replaced my failed computer with a new one and transferred all my applications to the new computer. Windows 10 has been activated. Solitaire works; however, when I open Minesweeper, I get an error box saying: Microsoft Minesweeper is currently not available in your...
  7. Suddenly Minesweeper doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly Minesweeper doesn't work: I get "Microsoft Minesweeper is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-minesweeper-doesnt-work/e7cb10b5-0209-418d-8306-0419718391b8
  8. Minesweep game of Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minesweep game of Windows 10: Is there really no way of saving the progress in the adventure game? Every time you die you have to start on Level 1 again. That is frustrating as heck. Also, I don't see the purpose of collecting the coins if there is no shop to buy anything with. I like the game but I'm...
  9. Minesweeper

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minesweeper: Ever since I renewed my annual subscription to minesweeper in December, it has been unstable. I rarely get through a game before the came closes. When I reopen it remembers where I left off but why does it lock and then automatically close? It has become more frustrating...
  10. Will Classic Shell work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Classic Shell work on Windows 10: I would like to use Classic Shell with Windows 10. A search of the web found an article entitled something like "Microsoft Blocks Classic Shell" and I didn't understand all of it.. What is the experience with using Classic Shell with Windows 10? Thank you. 47676